SP Antiquity Europa 350 A.D

Users who are viewing this thread

zust502

Banned
Hello this is my first mod and it will be about the attacks against rome from the barbarians. The factions so far are the western roman empire, the sassanid empire, saxons, franks, caledonia, huns, visigoths, sarmations, and the eastern roman empire.
                                                                Here is the troop tree

Western roman empire

Western Peasent

Western infantry    Western archer

Equite  Limitaenai-comitense    Western marksman

Roman cavalry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Sassanid empire

Paighan        Mede

Lancer            S.Spearman

Clibanarii

Cataphract
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          Saxons

Saxon levy

Raider        Saxon spearman  Saxon skirmisher

S.axeman-Hearth    Saxon archer
                                        Franks

Frankish peasent

Frank cavalry  Frankish spearman      Frankish archer

palidan    Frankish noble guard    Frankish sharpshooter
                                        Caledonia

Caledonia militia

Caledonia spearman    Caledonia slinger

Caledonia heavy infantry  Caledonia javeliner

Caledonia royal guard.
                                        The Huns

Dismounted lancer

hunnic lancer-hunnic horse archer  hunnic guard    hunnic archer

Hunnic mounted guard-hunnic sharpshooter
                                        Visigoths

Visigoth Peasent

Visigoth lancer      V.spearman-V.axeman    Visigoth archer

V.heavy lancer,V.sirmisher          V.swordsman
                                        Sarmatians

Sarmatian rider

Sarmatian light cavalry    Sarmation peasent spearman      Sarmation peasent archer

Sarmatian knight        Sarmatian heavy spearman            Sarmation archer
                                  Eastern roman empire

eastern peasent

eastern infantry    eastern archer

eastern cavalry archer    Comitense,limitaenai

eastern cataphract
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The units on the left are cavalry in the middle infantry and on the right archers.

if you have any questions or advice just ask and i will do my best to answer.

If you have enough enthusiasm why not to ask and join Barbarian Invasion - hegemony series mod? They already released some kind of aplha-beta release which is enjoyable and they surely can use a help. Joined power surely helps in acomplishing anything.

I dont know I just wanted to make my own if you have any questions about the mod or would like to help please post it and I will try to answer them.

zust502 said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Uhh... what are your sources for the troop trees?
What do you mean?

Like, for example, you chose legionary cavalry for the cavalry unit for the Western Roman Empire, even though by this time they relied mostly on barbarian cavalry for their armies, if I recall. So I was curious where you got the idea that they still used legionary cavalry.

Also, aren't the Moors from the 600's?

zust502 said:
Uhh... what are your sources for the troop trees?
What do you mean?

Like, for example, you chose legionary cavalry for the cavalry unit for the Western Roman Empire, even though by this time they relied mostly on barbarian cavalry for their armies, if I recall. So I was curious where you got the idea that they still used legionary cavalry.

Also, aren't the Moors from the 600's?
In the wikipedia it says the moors broke off as a small numidian kingdom in the third century B.C. And I will change the legionary cavalry. Unfortanutely I couldnt find anything on most of the factions.

It's much better and easier to do a mod on a topic you have relative knowledge in OR can get all the knowledge required easily

Says the Vandals ruled over the Moors at that time.
Will it make you happy if I just take out the moors and maybe replace them with another faction somewhere else. I started this less than 24 hours ago so all ive got is the troop tree and the names of some cities so if anybody wants me to consider something just ask

zust502 said:
Will it make you happy if I just take out the moors and maybe replace them with another faction somewhere else. I started this less than 24 hours ago so all ive got is the troop tree and the names of some cities so if anybody wants me to consider something just ask

Generally making a mod takes a bit more planning than that, especially a historical one.

Just sayin'.

zust502 said:

Generally making a mod takes a bit more planning than that, especially a historical one.

Just sayin'.
Is there a new faction you would like in the game. Right now im trying to find some cities from the time.

zust502 said:
I need people to help if its no trouble I dont have anything in specific but if your good at something message me and ill see if you can help. All we have right now is someone working on the map so we need help. If your good at anything it will be helpfull.

Who is 'we'? Are there multiple people working on it, or is this just the royal 'we'?

zust502 said:
I need people to help if its no trouble I dont have anything in specific but if your good at something message me and ill see if you can help. All we have right now is someone working on the map so we need help. If your good at anything it will be helpfull.

Who is 'we'? Are there multiple people working on it, or is this just the royal 'we'?
I think his name is Kingkang is making a map but thats it

Huh?!! The Vandals were not near the empire at this time. It is 350 A.D and the Roman Empires are still strong. You should just jump to 355 A.D and make it a mod based on Julian the Apostate. The Romans also had a strong cavalry element that wasn't completely barbarian in this period as well.

Gothic Knight said:

Huh?!! The Vandals were not near the empire at this time. It is 350 A.D and the Roman Empires are still strong. You should just jump to 355 A.D and make it a mod based on Julian the Apostate. The Romans also had a strong cavalry element that wasn't completely barbarian in this period as well.
I didnt think the vandals ruled the moors and thats why i didnt put in barbarian cav for the romans

Back
Top Bottom