EMPIRE IS INVINCIBLE

IS EMPIRE OVERPOWERED?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking poll was broken, but now realize it is accurate. And I now know the imbalance isn’t from TW it’s actually from the test group and larger community giving broken feedback based on DM rather than captain mode. I could have told them since a few days after release empire was and those 2h glances, Bill hooks, sturg axes etc were OP. In DM it balances out due to layout of map. People complain about archer but they are how they should be. Strong 2h classes, as fun as they are to play, are too strong it just decimates everything. Often even vs many archers as long as you have 1 unit of shield 2h is still effective in the extreme.

My presented solution is a joke, it is a nonsolution and I know that. But. Arguably, removing factions from DM would be easiest balance. Maybe balancing DM and captain requires different methods or different stats entirely.

Last edited:
I was thinking poll was broken, but now realize it is accurate. And I now know the imbalance isn’t from TW it’s actually from the test group and larger community giving broken feedback based on DM rather than captain mode. I could have told them since a few days after release empire was and those 2h glances, Bill hooks, sturg axes etc were OP. In DM it balances out due to layout of map. People complain about archer but they are how they should be. Strong 2h classes, as fun as they are to play, are too strong it just decimates everything. Often even vs many archers as long as you have 1 unit of shield 2h is still effective in the extreme.

My presented solution is a joke, it is a nonsolution and I know that. But. Arguably, removing factions from DM would be easiest balance. Maybe balancing DM and captain requires different methods or different stats entirely.

No, we all just know, that eventually captain mode will be balanced independently, at least the TW devs have admitted as much.

Back
Top Bottom