Dunde's MnB Modding Companion [item, troop, party, party_template,skill editor]

Users who are viewing this thread

when i pick my mod system it doesnt give me any options to select it.

ok now it does. do i need python to make it work and is it compatible with 1.011?

tarlytegirl said:
when i pick my mod system it doesnt give me any options to select it.

The program only let you select folder that contain module_info.py as indicator that the selected folder is a folder of Module System.

tarlytegirl said:
ok now it does. do i need python to make it work and is it compatible with 1.011?

Yes, it's compatible with 1.011 and we need Python to compile the MS.

Minor new Feature and bug fix on new version 0.1.4.2.
Using this tool, I often do quick switching among several Module System Folders. There are at least 4 Module System Folders, 1st is  my main Module System Folder,  my old module system Folder (1.011 version) is the 2nd one, then native WB 1.134 Module System and the last is diplomacy Module system.
Sometime I forgot that I have switched to other MS when editing my main Module System. So when I selected Compile from Taskbar menu, it compiled wrong MS, and showing no error message. Then after many more changes on my module system, I realized that. I compiled and it show tons of error message that hard to determine anymore what change that produced the error.
So, I decided to display the MS Folder that compiled on title bar of cmd.exe so I would know if I compiled wrong MS.
Other bad habits of mine, I often left several compiling cmd.exe windows open. It's used to trace any chance of my MS, and see what's new error message there, or what error message dissapear from there. Again, it's hard to determine which window is the last. So here we are, our new MnB Modding companion will display the compiling time and date.
Both are simply BAT editting, this tool only make them done automatically for your convenient.
1296554275.jpg

GetAssista said:
Btw, I have several installations of MB, and I can't change auto-recognized paths (which are obviously not the ones I need)
I suspect this also leads to me not being able to generate autocompletion xml for Notepad++ (options grayed out, language can't be selected), and there is no ready xmls in the package.

Mainly, this trouble seems to be because companion can't find my Notepad++ (<Undetected>). And I don't see any way to tell it where it is, System window does not have any browse buttons or such

GetAssista said:
Mainly, this trouble seems to be because companion can't find my Notepad++ (<Undetected>). And I don't see any way to tell it where it is, System window does not have any browse buttons or such

What windows version do you have?

It's strange. I built the tool in XP SP2 too. I checked the path of Notepad++ from registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\notepad++.exe
Please check your registry value at the key. I think I should find another reg key that saves notepad++ path or add possibility to manually locate the path. Thank you for reporting this.

Well, you can just provide a txt config file to write different stuff into, which can be commented out by default so that program use it's own detection. If that fails, stuff can be edited and uncommented, to direct the program. Relying on autodetection all the time is bad.
Foolproof and versatile as can be.

I just got Windows 7 on my notebook, and then I noticed that MnB Mod Companion 's failed to locate application data folder of Windows 7. I just realized that Windows 7 application data 's located different from WinXP.
I released the fix for Win 7.

GetAssista said:
Well, you can just provide a txt config file to write different stuff into, which can be commented out by default so that program use it's own detection. If that fails, stuff can be edited and uncommented, to direct the program. Relying on autodetection all the time is bad.
Foolproof and versatile as can be.

I think I found why the tool can locate the notepad++ in your system. Somehow, the tool can't read HKLM root registry if run not as administrator.

EDIT :
I think I accidentally changed output path of xml file fornotepad++  auto-completion. Fixed now on HOT FIX released

I still have Notepad++ undetected with the latest version.

Path is pretty usual "D:\Program Files\Notepad++", but I don't have any registry entries, don't need them. If your tool is using registry for detection, you better add some workarounds

Dunde,
Thank you for this great tool. It has saved me hours of work.... This is really the best and most complex module_sys editing tool at the moment. :grin:

Dunde, I think this program was having some trouble for modder.
If i made new faction, I must compile it to make the Troops editor respond it.
Then i make 6 New Faction, so ther is 12 Faction, but The Troops Editor just respond it until the ninth faction.
This is doesn't a big trouble because i can change the troops of the tenth/eleventh/twelventh in my mod with notepad or other editor, but this is little bit disturbing me. No Offense sir.

13exa said:
Dunde, I think this program was having some trouble for modder.
If i made new faction, I must compile it to make the Troops editor respond it.
Then i make 6 New Faction, so ther is 12 Faction, but The Troops Editor just respond it until the ninth faction.
This is doesn't a big trouble because i can change the troops of the tenth/eleventh/twelventh in my mod with notepad or other editor, but this is little bit disturbing me. No Offense sir.

I'm sorry that the tool 's poorly lack of documentation. Yes, to make other editor respond to any change of a module_*.py, we need to compile the module first. I use id_*.py to make the lists and we need to compile the module to generate new id_factions.py contains the new factions.

Amazing tool. I'm surprised it doesn't have more exposure.
Though I will say that Morgh's is better for items, troops, and party templates, this is the best I've seen for everything else it supports. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom