Discussion 0.95pre

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, Im new to mount and blade warband, but in the last 2 weeks I played a lot and Im starting to understand the game. Made a campaign in the native, very very easy so I downloaded this MOD with the hope that it is much harder.

So far the positive things about this mod (patch 1) are to many to tell them, so I think I will just point out some things that are annoying:

-The armor loot is very good, in the early game I got a armor that is one of the best, Ive never seen it for sale, and Ive seen worst armors being sold for 80k. Also all my team was easily equipped with great armors.
-Lots of annoying items drop from battles and their value is nothing and the NPCs will take them all, should have a limit (like the selling limit) for NPCs to dont get useles loot.
-Prices for some items are wrong because they are bad and much more valuable than others that are good.
-The battles are to easy, When I get some heavy armor, great helmet, masterwork sword, good bow and arrows I can kill entire armies (normal difficulty). I can kill easily 50 medium armored infantry/archers alone, one time I almost killed 136 prussian rebels alone. When enemy have cavalry its harder but not impossible to defeat 50 mixed army.
-Computer does not use any kind of tactics, bandits just rush to their crushing and flawless defeat, faction armies advance together but dont protect the flanks, they just do an all man charge and I alone flank them and crush them like small bugs.
-Its to easy to afford a great army that cant be defeated doesnt matter how much u screw up. With 80 units of high end and almost high end units I can defeat any NPC army with usually just a few wounded soldiers. I think the skill that gives 4% for non fatal blows should be like 1% and computer have a better judgment when to engage.
-When I go engage enemy they usually attack me instead of position themselves in the defensive.
-Attacking castles is too easy, not sure why but attackers have a great advantage, probably because garrisons have a lot of crap ranged units that are almost useless.
-Shooting the legs with arrows does to much damage, almost all units die with 2 arrows in the legs.
-The map is very buggy, specially when it comes for computer to decide the path.
-NPCs have a very slow reaction to incoming cavalry, most units will try to attack the horseman and it should be the opposite, most units should try to defend only, spearmen mainly and some double handed weapon soldiers should be the ones engaging incoming cavalry. Cavalry engaging from behind is to easy due to very slow and dumb reaction from NPCs.
-NPCs should never pursuit rooting enemies, also NPCs should never send half their army to kill one knight (usually me) that tries to flank them, this is more about the NPC tactics being dumb. The easy solution I think its to make soldiers stay together and never do a endless rush to kill anyone in order to dont disorganize completely.

About the evolution of the map, I guess that you will add the muslim faction and holy lands next, I think first that Iberian Peninsula is much more important, those people were fighting muslims when nord people hardly knew the threat they were, the first crusades against muslims were there, the war against them lasted for centuries and Kingdom of Portugal and the Kingdoms of Spain became later very powerful and important.

There are of course more annoying things I just dont remember now, but I would like to say that my point with this post is not negatively criticize your work, Im trying to help you with what I think its not good with the game/mod because I see that modders are really looking forward to improve the mod. Now Im going to test patch 3, I will return here and will point out the annoying things mostly.

All in all, amazing work

Koror said:
I still get crashes with this version... is it normal?

As the mod isn't fully complete, crashes are to be expected. If you get a regular error, post it here or in the Bug Reports topic. Or you can upload a screenie of the error and I could try to help.  :grin:

Yeah i know it isn't a finished and polished mod yet...  :razz: But i wanted to know if that issue has been fixed or if it was me who made errors

Koror said:
Yeah i know it isn't a finished and polished mod yet...  :razz: But i wanted to know if that issue has been fixed or if it was me who made errors

It could be either one, what kind of error is it? And when does it occur?

To Mot : Try the battlesizer for more difficult battles. You can modify the size of battle from 1 to 1000. By default it's 150 and like you said it's easy with a 80 veteran army to defeat a huge army, but if you play with a 500 battle size you will have your 80 men against 420 ennemies and you won't win the battle so easily :smile:

It is the same for towns attacks, with 400 mens on the wall it is not so easy to win.

I am playing for a while this newest version with Warband 1.12. There are some missing object as stones, silk and several others but nothing tragic. It is  probably caused with not complete compatibility with this beta patch 1.12 but this patch should prevent crasing game because of C++ runtime error if I understood it properly and for that reason I installed it. Who knows when devs will be able to release new official patch which could resolve this runtime crashing.  :wink:

I like music here, I like ships here because riding acrooss the sea it always was strange for me. I dislike painted cattle helmets because I can't believe they were painted in reality. I would be glad if all these paintings of these cattle helmets was removed.  :wink:

Rad said:
I am playing for a while this newest version with Warband 1.12. There are some missing object as stones, silk and several others but nothing tragic. It is  probably caused with not complete compatibility with this beta patch 1.12 but this patch should prevent crasing game because of C++ runtime error if I understood it properly and for that reason I installed it. Who knows when devs will be able to release new official patch which could resolve this runtime crashing.  :wink:

I like music here, I like ships here because riding acrooss the sea it always was strange for me. I dislike painted cattle helmets because I can't believe they were painted in reality. I would be glad if all these paintings of these cattle helmets was removed.  :wink:
the kettle hats were often painted

Hiya there, nice mod you guys have made!

I think I have found a bug:  My character has a weird family at the start of a new game:

I'm not too sure about this, but it seems I have too many sons-in-law... (and their names are kinda weird lol)

Not sure if this was reported already, but I wanted to make sure it didn't go unnoticed  :mrgreen:

Dunkelzahn63 said:
To Mot : Try the battlesizer for more difficult battles. You can modify the size of battle from 1 to 1000. By default it's 150 and like you said it's easy with a 80 veteran army to defeat a huge army, but if you play with a 500 battle size you will have your 80 men against 420 ennemies and you won't win the battle so easily :smile:

It is the same for towns attacks, with 400 mens on the wall it is not so easy to win.

Ty for the hint, I will try that on my friend computer because mine can hardly run 150 man fights. =)

Ive played a few hours yesterday of the new patch (3). So far its amazing how much better it is, NPCs are now much better and the fights are harder, a lot harder just as I like, the map is very improved and Im very happy to see the new factions getting into place, modders are doing an amazing work, congratulations.

Now some stuff I think that can be improved:

-Prices seem to be ok now with a few exceptions, some cracked material is more expensive than rusty that is better.
-One thing that I think its not right is the initial positions archers go to, afaik ranged units in middle ages used to position themselves on the flanks not in front. The heavy cavalry charges were pretty nasty and ranged units would be crushed. My sugestion is place archers in one flank and cavalry in the other, that way player can quickly get their archers in safe position behind infantry.
-Another thing that is not good, the map speed, its so fast that without 4 or 5 in spotting u wont have time to avoid an incoming enemy army (unless its coming from behind of course). My suggestion would be to make speed again become half like in patch 1, I dont like the idea of travelling from scotland to Hungary in two days but thats imho.
-Another thing is the distances players need to do for example in the mission "rescue kidnapped girl", usually NPC sends me across half of europe or more, its very annoying.

Nemmesis said:
Hiya there, nice mod you guys have made!

I think I have found a bug:  My character has a weird family at the start of a new game:

I'm not too sure about this, but it seems I have too many sons-in-law... (and their names are kinda weird lol)

Not sure if this was reported already, but I wanted to make sure it didn't go unnoticed  :mrgreen:

Those are there as placeholders, as I think those "knights" are part of a faction that hasn't been made yet. They wont affect your gameplay in the least, but I thought that was weird too. Least ya got family :grin:

Hi  :grin:

I love this mod, but i have a problem.
When I'm on the map and not on pause, it's very slow... Maybe the map is too big.
I've never got that on an other mod, I tried with low graphic and it's the same.
I can't play... What can I do?  :sad:

I have Intel dualcore 3ghz  2 gigs of ram ati 4670 and all work on full settings no slutters or lags on map or in battle  :cool:

I need to have installed 0.94 before installing 0.95?
because I have this problem when start game - "get_object failed for texture: roof_plates_new"!?!?!?

The caravans are too much underpowered since the caravan guards was removed of the mod.
Why not give them a mid-tier mercenary to rebalance it?

Guys. You SERIOUSLY  need to make some download&description topic, considering the count of all sticky topics in this forum, it's hard to find download, especially that I still don't know what to do - do I need to install patch 0.1? 0.1 seems to be lower than 0.95pre. What do I even need to install? Instructions are chaotic... Hey, there isn't any instruction on how to install it.

I figured out I have to download the 480mb pack first, then before installing, install 152mb patch 0.3 pack. Is that right?

@AuliX

the instruction is in the "repository" and reads:

This is a delta patch for 0.95_pre.

The file contains the patch, program to patch the 0.95_pre installer and a batch file to make it all easier.

Installation:

Uncompress this archive to a new folder somewhere, place the original 1257ad_0.95.exe installer in this folder. Run runit.bat, wait for the patching process to complete. This will produce a new installer 1257ad_0.95_03.exe. Run the new installer and you're done (may want to remove the 0.95 directory from the Modules folder too). <- first

Keep 1257ad_0.95.exe for future patches.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom