Discussion 0.95pre

Users who are viewing this thread

Great, ill change the merc one and add the arab one then.
Im sure people would like to see it even if its just a placeholder.

upgrade(troops,"sarranid_recruit","sarranid_footman")

upgrade2(troops,"sarranid_footman","sarranid_veteran_footman","sarranid_skirmisher")
upgrade2(troops,"sarranid_veteran_footman","sarranid_horseman","sarranid_infantry")
upgrade(troops,"sarranid_infantry","sarranid_guard")
upgrade(troops,"sarranid_skirmisher","sarranid_archer")

upgrade(troops,"sarranid_archer","sarranid_master_archer")

upgrade(troops,"sarranid_horseman","sarranid_mamluke")

Just replace sarranid with Arab with the exception of mamluke, just leave it like that.

Hmm as far as i can tell there's still two Mercenary Footman in the merc tree and the mamluke is called arab aswell.

Doh, it makes no sense calling them Arab Mamlukes.

I changed mercenary_village_footman (Mercenary Footman) to (Mercenary Villager) for now.

Updated the merc tree and added the Arab tree.
Take a look and see if it fits.

Ive only used the names i can find in the troops.txt file and as far as i can tell there's no trp_mercenary_village_footman Free Villager only Mercenary Footman.
Next patch perhaps ?

Hello , i have a question , i can't launch a new game , i stay stuck on launching game screen , i waited few minutes all the time i tested .

Did dl it again and reinstalled it  , still same problem , im the only one with that problem ?

PS : for the patch 4 that's .

Devilsephi said:
Hello , i have a question , i can't launch a new game , i stay stuck on launching game screen , i waited few minutes all the time i tested .

Did dl it again and reinstalled it  , still same problem , im the only one with that problem ?

PS : for the patch 4 that's .
i have the same problem

Good to know it's not me only ( not that im happy that it doesn't work for you either :smile: )

Hope othr see it soon so he can fix it :smile:

Are you guys sure it isn't loading ? I had to wait for a very long time to load this patch, perhaps try to give it some more time.

Yeah, watch patch 3 I had to wait at least 5 minutes to begin a new game, but after that it was decently smooth unless I got the memory leak thing. :s

thx for info Skandinav , had to wait 6 minutes , waited only 4 min grrrr lol ^^ , with patch 3 only 20 sec or even 30 .

You are welcome Devilsephi. After the initial long loading time ( only about a minute or two on my end though ) I didn't really notice much lag on the campaign map at all.

This patch is awesome othr, very nice new faction choice menu, and I love the shrinked models on the world map; they fit much better and make the world seem much larger which all the added factions of course also contributes to, and generally the world map looks highly interesting. Travelling speed on land and on sea feels good too, but I will have to play some more.

As you do not write anything about it in the patch notes I reckon you are aware that all Danish ( some Norwegian aswell ) names and titles are either not updated or are lacking several letters ( sorry for all the Scandinavian diacritic symbols :razz: I know they are bothersome to add manually ).

Is it intentional that you've added long sleeved mail without surcoat to all, otherwise unarmored, European second tier infantry ( for example Peasant Footman and Leiðangsmaður ) ?

And the Hirðmenn look as they should now :
Hirdmand.jpg

Thank you for all your work !

Back
Top Bottom