SP Modern Sci-Fi Dies the Fire (New team Members Pg 54)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm perhaps this "Change" somehow rendered the ingrediants in gunpowder unable to react, and also made oil stabler so it wouldnt burn.. (not much into science)

gunpowder not react to fire? probably. Who knows, I'm only in basic chem. haha.

Instability isn't what makes oil burn afaik. Also, i don't think guns have oil.

If it's anything, it's probably making it so the alloy used in guns and bullets become magnetized (by electric storm) making them stick to each other/not fire. But you could then still use plastic guns and rubber bullets o_O

Tuckles said:
But cars run on electricity too! o_O

Toy cars that is. xD
Oh really? http://www.alke.com/?gclid=CNa12bnX8YkCFRXoEAod0WgsAw :razz:

(on topic)
It'd be very interesting to be firing arrows at people wearing riot armour, or fighting in a supermarket. Keep the development going, and don't give up at the first hurdle (I admit I did :oops:)

What about bicycles? It may looks slightly strange to hover along on a bike without peddling, though :razz:

Yeah it most definitly is being worked on.  If anybody is interested in contributing models  Ive got a list of things this mod could use.

I really want to make the player feel they are in a dying modern world.  So thats means lots of modern day things, mailboxes, trashcans, light poles, that kind of thing

I really need

Cars
Modern buildings (small skyscrapers,)
Runied modern buildings
Ruined cars
Rubble
Trash (pop cans, boxes, that kind of thing)
Bycicles would be cool, but awkward to ride, at the veryleast we could use it as a scene prop.

Modern day clothing, 

Jeans
t-shirt
Overalls
baseball cap

Anybody interested?

smaug_the_dragon said:
My first attmept at 3d modeling.  Its pretty proud of it.      Im glad whoever it was gave me the idea!  Thanks

Nice job!

I think you should go with this mod...it's a fantastic idea.

As for weapons, why not have random stuff? Like a stick, a metal bar, a baseball bat! That would be awesome!

Added some pictures to the front page.

Slingshot would be cool, but how could it work?

Plank with nails Evil

I could probably do that, but I know nothing of texturing. Can anyone send me a tutorial? (Wings 3D or 3dsmax, better if wings 3d)

Check out http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

Lots of good tutorials on there. 

That 7/11 looks awesome, are you going to make all the towns more modern, and what about the Battle Field, can u make those into streets?

That 7/11 looks awesome, are you going to make all the towns more modern, and what about the Battle Field, can u make those into streets?

Thanks
I'm definitly going to try and make the cities look more modern but most of the game will probably take place out in the countryside scrounging for food, so I probably won't make the ground ashpalt, although it would be nice to put garbage and junk laying around, but other then replaceing bushes that probably wouldn't work.

More pics!
The stop sign shield was contributed by Janus from the old Age of Ash mod
stopshield2if.png

Ive tried to make some cars,  its hard to make them look nice, oh well I tried, if anybody could do better could you make some for me?
smashcar2rh.png

smashcar20gi.png

smaug_the_dragon said:
Yeah it most definitly is being worked on.  If anybody is interested in contributing models  Ive got a list of things this mod could use.

I really want to make the player feel they are in a dying modern world.   So thats means lots of modern day things, mailboxes, trashcans, light poles, that kind of thing

I really need

Cars
Modern buildings (small skyscrapers,)
Runied modern buildings
Ruined cars
Rubble
Trash (pop cans, boxes, that kind of thing)
Bycicles would be cool, but awkward to ride, at the veryleast we could use it as a scene prop.

Modern day clothing, 

Jeans
t-shirt
Overalls
baseball cap

Anybody interested?

well I need that too!

anyway, most of the clothes I made aren't really normal everyday stuff... it's more like normal everyday stuff turned into mad max crazyness... but I will give you you the most common jeans/patched leather jackets etc  :wink:

I saw those cars... very good for a begginner.well I will be starting to work on some scene props preety soon(wrecked cars included) , perhaps you want to work togheter?it can speed things up, for both our sakes. pm me  :wink:

Keep up the good work! Make sure to add those evil eaters (dieased human canibals tribes) and exotic beasties escaped from zoos!

The books are a good read, not earth shattering but certianly entertaining. The author is also a hell of a nice guy. When I was serving in Iraq in 2005 he sent me his author's copy of the 2nd book in the series before it was released to the general public. He also actually answers fan postings on his yahoo forum group.

the offical website is www.smstirling.com you can read sample chapters to see if the series piques your interest. The first book in the triology (the second triology is being written) is called you guessed it: Dies the Fire

Yes it is annoying there is still no better reason for the "change" but if you can suspend your disbelief it is a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom