Users who are viewing this thread

DetektivAro

Regular
I have 4 meshes representing one body (without a head mesh), I was thinking could I change it to a full-body model whit separate parts of the model having different animations, like the feet having the foot animations, the body having its animations...and so on. If I cant do it like that, could I make a completely new animation that uses the whole model? Would I need to make a new skeleton for that(I don't know how to rigg/make skeletons, it would be appreciated if you gave me a forum link to a tutorial), typing that sentence made me realize that I need a new skeleton(my mesh is of a shorter stocky dude from HoMM 5, seen on the picture, his model doesn't completely fit the in-game skeleton(his neck is non-existent so his head is lower than the NPCs in-game)), still is the first option even possible? I plan on making/copying new animations into M&B:WB eventually, just the skeleton rigging part really confuses me...
unknown.png
I have only three more questions, is it possible to make only one part of an armor a ragdoll(for example a chain)?
If not a part of the model is it possible to make the whole armor a ragdoll(for example if a make the chain just the hand piece with nothing else except it on the body)?
If I can't have it at all be an armor piece, then the only way to make it dangle would be trough animation?
I'll be leaving now and probably won't see the replies until tomorrow, just saying so it doesn't seem like I'm ignoring the forum post.

I have 4 meshes representing one body (without a head mesh), I was thinking could I change it to a full-body model whit separate parts of the model having different animations, like the feet having the foot animations, the body having its animations...and so on. If I cant do it like that, could I make a completely new animation that uses the whole model? Would I need to make a new skeleton for that(I don't know how to rigg/make skeletons, it would be appreciated if you gave me a forum link to a tutorial), typing that sentence made me realize that I need a new skeleton(my mesh is of a shorter stocky dude from HoMM 5, seen on the picture, his model doesn't completely fit the in-game skeleton(his neck is non-existent so his head is lower than the NPCs in-game)), still is the first option even possible? I plan on making/copying new animations into M&B:WB eventually, just the skeleton rigging part really confuses me...
unknown.png
I have only three more questions, is it possible to make only one part of an armor a ragdoll(for example a chain)?
If not a part of the model is it possible to make the whole armor a ragdoll(for example if a make the chain just the hand piece with nothing else except it on the body)?
If I can't have it at all be an armor piece, then the only way to make it dangle would be trough animation?
I'll be leaving now and probably won't see the replies until tomorrow, just saying so it doesn't seem like I'm ignoring the forum post.
Anybody?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom