Complete lack of Immersion

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep, and 8 years to do this? The guy who was hired for this must not be working for TW anymore.
Maybe they fired him lol, I'd gladly share my NPCs with taleworlds, I literally have more than 200 NPCs some with complex backstories and some with standart backstories. All of them is waiting to serve, tested by playing them xD

Yep, and 8 years to do this? The guy who was hired for this must not be working for TW anymore.
Legends say, he is still trying to convert the generic background story into an epic generic background story.

From his Twitter:

Currently, a developer for Mount&Blade medieval game series. Previously, journalist covering Egypt & Iraq. Worked for FT, AP & others. Opinions are my own.

Can be outdated of course, but he is still active on Twitter. But doesn´t matter anyways :grin: .

Well honestly I dont think he has anything to do with the design, a writer is a writer in the end. I'm sure that if he had to write an actual character he would be more than capable of doing so, the problem is, like I said the design of the companion system

Still an intern should've been able to do 50+ companions with detailed backstories, dialogues, special events, secret quests in max a few years and that's working part-time. Lets not forget these people are supposed to be doing this for 7-8 hours every day.
Going into sort of conspiracies here, but if my memory serves me right didn't the guy who pretty much created the engine leave some years ago? Do you think TW actually doesn't know how some of the stuff works? That would explain why they haven't been able to finish the perks (which a decent programmer should be able to do in a couple of days).

They also should be able to hire any freelancer writer with all the EA money they got to write some background stories in my opinion. You don´t need to have any development experience to just write some very short background stories.

I mean, hire a freelancer writer for 1 day and you get like 20-30 of this short background stories? I mean their aren´t any dialogue options or so, they just have a very short "story". They don´t need a George RR Martin for this stuff :wink:

They could even ask the community, they´ll do it for free I guess.

They also should be able to hire any freelancer writer with all the EA money they got to write some background stories in my opinion. You don´t need have any development experience to just write some very short background stories.

I mean, hire a freelancer writer for 1 day and you get like 20-30 of this short background stories?

They could even ask the community, they´ll do it for free I guess.

There's that guy on here who has written 44 or so companion stories, they should hire him.

This story with your brother and sisters (with the same name every time) is really linear and boring. This is less of a sandbox game than I expected. The game forces you to play the same character: you build your clan and run into your brother by a scripted event. Man this studio could use some help, this is just bottom of the barrel writing, it's comatose. Come on modding tools. Give us the option to not follow this story.

Last edited:
In another comparison between previous titles and Bannerlord we find that the interaction with the garrison of the settlement which we are or will be besieging has been lost.

5_x4-.jpg

In another comparison between previous titles and Bannerlord we find that the interaction with the garrison of the settlement which we are or will be besieging has been lost.

5_x4-.jpg
If I may say, the UI also does not help immersion, the old parchment style was soooo much better for me, the new one is very arcade-like and in the way for my taste.

So much missing stuff, such a pity...
I would have never thought I would have missed night ambushes, now i am like: " damn I got in after closing time, I am done for!!! Ah no, it's Dummerlord, I'm safe!":smile:))

well because BL is an arcade-like game. (due to nost of player base like arcade gameplay nowadays (excluding me))
Aaahhh so you had that feeling as well, at least I am not alone or in a VERY small group:smile:)

@MostBlunted.....man when I read that quote from Callum my blood freezes in the veins.
Like an idiot I avoided any possible spoiler until I bought the game....so i missed that heresy...GG.

I like the idea of COB, although as things are going, it will probably be more like "BL-GO! Now with improved lootboxes!!!"

I like the idea of COB, although as things are going, it will probably be more like "BL-GO! Now with improved lootboxes!!!"

Loving the idea of lootboxes. You can get random bug fixes in those lootboxes. Like:

Common bug fix: - Unit X has now the correct stats
Rare bug fix: - Fixed getting stuck when speaking to bandits
Epic bug fix: - Perk tree added
Legendardy bug fix: - The AI behaves now as you think it should

:wink:

Seems like a handwavey reason to excuse the complete lack of interaction with lords and any semblance of a political layer to the game. Bannerlord is a barebones combat loop – a horribly balanced one.

If I may say, the UI also does not help immersion, the old parchment style was soooo much better for me, the new one is very arcade-like and in the way for my taste.

I agree with you on this. I liked the parchment style and the fact these messages covered the whole of the screen. It's like my character is actually reading the messages.

I just played some Bannerpage 2.0 mod, Bannerlord has better graphics than this mod does, but Bannerpage is way better. Bannerpage crushes this game in terms of ideas, immersion, and options. Remember, this mod is primary made by one guy, not a 80 man team. Bannerlord is just not the game I thought it would be, I just have to admit it at this point. Unless there's some great immersion fix and some knockout feature like custom troops I won't be playing this much in the future. Even just a feast at this point where you can interact with other lords would suffice. This game is barren, it's not a matter of it being in EA either in my opinion. I have 0 immersion in the history of Calradia or any lore in this game, the same brother and family each play through (linear RPG not sandbox), atrocious random % marriage which has nothing to do with your characters standing, grinding random smith parts, fighting looters/bandit parties selling the exact same things, and the generic companions and back stories. I just can't play it anymore.

Last edited:
I just played some Bannerpage 2.0 mod, Bannerlord has better graphics than this mod does, but Bannerpage is way better. Bannerpage crushes this game in terms of ideas, immersion, and options. Remember, this mod is primary made by one guy, not a 80 man team. Bannerlord is just not the game I thought it would be, I just have to admit it at this point. Unless there's some great immersion fix and some knockout feature like custom troops I won't be playing this much in the future. Even just a feast at this point where you can interact with other lords would suffice. This game is barren, it's not a matter of it being in EA either in my opinion. I have 0 immersion in the history of Calradia or any lore in this game, the same brother and family each play through, atrocious random % marriage which has nothing to do with your characters standing, grinding random smith parts, and the generic companions and back stories. I just can't play it anymore.
Bannerpage is likely the best mod available for Warband, I was thoroughly enjoying it before Bannerlord was released. In saying that, I can't go back to it now, it's just too dated. I give props to the modder, it was obviously a labour of love, he spent a ridiculous amount of time putting it together.

We won't be seeing anything of it's type in Bannerlord for years. After all, the Bannerpage mod only released at the start of this year.

I think people just need to come to terms that Bannerlord is not going to meet many peoples lofty expectations for some time. We need the game completed, the modding tools, then some time and patience.

Bannerpage is likely the best mod available for Warband, I was thoroughly enjoying it before Bannerlord was released. In saying that, I can't go back to it now, it's just too dated. I give props to the modder, it was obviously a labour of love, he spent a ridiculous amount of time putting it together.

We won't be seeing anything of it's type in Bannerlord for years. After all, the Bannerpage mod only released at the start of this year.

I think people just need to come to terms that Bannerlord is not going to meet many peoples lofty expectations for some time. We need the game completed, the modding tools, then some time and patience.
Give a shot to Perisno 1.0, they made a real masterpiece and the graphics are not as "Warband" as in Bannerpage, in Perisno they also did some tweaking to HDR and lights, check teh nighs out....and make sure to visit the cities and villages, those scenes are really well made.

I am also slowly stopping playing Bannerlord....

bannerlord feels like a massive upgrade when it comes to graphics but a massive downgrade when it comes to content and lore and general immersion compared to warband.

Back
Top Bottom