Cannot Open Game after recent "Hotfix" patch

Users who are viewing this thread

After the recent "Hotfix" patch I can no longer load the game (neither single player nor multiplayer). The first loading screen after launcher but before the Taleworlds forging video is all I can make it to. The game silently closes and the reporting feature will not connect to send the report to the devs. Operating the game in safe mode does not resolve this issue. The game worked normally yesterday 3/30/2020.

Are the developers aware of this bug? Are there others experiencing this issue?

Here is what I have done: (nothing has worked yet)
1. Verified Integrity of game files
2. Uninstalled then Reinstalled Bannerlord
3. Updated windows and all drivers
4. Messed with config files to try to get around any graphic setting that was bugged (backed them up)
5. Uninstalled Bannerlord then removed all files in documents and steam folder, then reinstalled Bannerlord

Any tips for not being able to load the game?

Thank you kindly for any help/tips!

Sheepskin Seatcovers, Beta Tester

System Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
RAM: 32 GB
Processor: i7-7820X
Motherboard: MSI Arsenal Gaming Intel X299 LGA 2066 DDR4 USB 3.1 SLI ATX Motherboard (X299 Tomahawk)

I am having the same issue.. Worked decent yesterday but i got stuck at a spy mission where the characters i had to confront didn't spawn and it was late so i excited my game.. Today i came back from work, installed the hotfix patch and started up the game, things went smoothly for the first 10mins walking in the castle but then the game crashed and now i can barely make it to the menu screen.. :sad:

Patch e1.0.1 was released today and this did NOT fix the crashing issue described on the original post. How do we get a moderators attention for this? I am likely not the only one experiencing this crashing issue.

Same problem here.

EDIT: After I validated game files mine is now working fine. Hotfix installation on Steam gave an error earlier so I'm guessing it was a case of bad installation.

Last edited:
I had same issue all day. Updated Geforce drivers, game loaded, tried to change settings to help it with the stuttering, now back to same launch crash

SOLUTION FOUND:
1. Locate your warband file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
2. Right click the file and select "Run as Adminstrator"

I hope this works for some of y'all trying to play. I need more noobs to kill here! xD

Back
Top Bottom