Call of Duty WWII

Users who are viewing this thread

F.F.C._fritz said:
Well, this time apparently you'll have a whole new health system in which you will not be able to self-regenerate health passively,
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

THAT.
IS.
NOT.
NEW.

Alright fine, the source of the medpacks is a variant, but the idea of not having magical self-regeneration is the actual OG of health systems.

The Bowman said:
Pacific Assault was one of my favorite shooters, and even though I played it a lot, I don't remember finishing the game. Ever.

Pacific Assault was my favorite medal of honor alongside European assault on the ps2.

European assault had the best campaign, st nazaire and africa were awesome.

1mkyca.jpg

One question, can I play as a German? Even Company of Heroes had that. Good old Tiger Ace and Panzer Elite. :sad:

I don't get you people, everyone complains that Call of Duty is always the same - they finally do something different with Infinite Warfare and Titanfall, so everyone complains and clamors for another stupid WWII game.

IW and Titanfall are the first mainstream shooters I've considered buying in ages, but this idiocy is going to ensure Activision goes back to just making the same trash repeatedly instead of even trying to innovate.

Austyboo ^_^ said:
Titanfall

Titanfall I and II are great games! CoDII and World at War were also great. The WWII CoDs weren't exactly innovators but they certainly had enjoyable SP and MP experiences set in WWII. All I'm looking for out of this is another one of those. It's been about 9 years since I played one (WaW), not counting the brilliant Wolfenstein The New Order/New Blood (not historical but still sorta WWII). I see no problem in releasing a new cinematic AAA WWII game. CoD is still fun as hell even after so many years.

Austyboo ^_^ said:
I don't get you people, everyone complains that Call of Duty is always the same - they finally do something different with Infinite Warfare and Titanfall, so everyone complains and clamors for another stupid WWII game.

IW and Titanfall are the first mainstream shooters I've considered buying in ages, but this idiocy is going to ensure Activision goes back to just making the same trash repeatedly instead of even trying to innovate.

The setting hasn't been used in a decade. There is a ton of room for innovation with how technology has advanced.The original Call of Duty was nothing like World at War, and about the same span of time was between those two as these two. It's better than another goofy future shooter that wants to be Titanfall, and will hopefully play to the strengths of the series' storied past. I never got the circlejerk about how WW2 games needed to die. As long as the game was fun, I had no qualms over shooting people in the varying series and iterations set in WW2, and they were generally different enough to justify a full new game.

I'd prefer to see some other fronts/theatres, especially China, but I suppose that probably won't sell in the west and will be banned in China. Eastern front would be tricky to do without pissing off everyone. Western front is the safest option. That said...

WHY NOT 1940? Great tank battles in Belgium, urban combat near Sedan (Stonne!) and a fighting withdraw to Dunkirk! Also actual Blitzkrieg to satisfy the wehraboos!

Or do another Market Garden campaign with the Brits. Would be different enough to get me interested but safe enough to guarantee sales.

1940 means no Yanks, which is likely the reason it isn't the go to option.

I mean, I agree that there's tons of interesting and great options, but I think that 99% of it comes down to game devs going "Or we take the 100% safe option and have America be one of the main factions from the start".

I know that was the case with Battleground Europe/WW2OL, although the devs ****ed it up (not managing to add Americans until much later in the dev cycle than planned), a big portion of their struggle was getting America into the game because they knew it would be the easiest way to jump the playerbase and revenue up to max.

I mean ****, the French military in that game was really mostly American players waiting for America to be added but settling for France because some of their weapons/vehicles were American.

Austyboo ^_^ said:

Erm, no. Kid-oriented mindless jump and kill playground is not innovative at all. I don't mention even all those dabbing and ****. People calling it "same" because game gives nothing different. They just reskinned it.

Yeah CoD2 or CoD:WaW is different than Ghost at the theme. But is it really that different? Let's check this guy here:

I hope they learnt their lesson. I hope they aim for old CoD fans, adults and who played first CoD as their first CoD game not the damn KIDS. Still don't expect much from Sledgehammer, they were co-developer of MW3 and lead developer of Advanced Warfare that's it.

I will not cringetalk about American propaganda stuff for now. Seriously. But lastly, this:

This is some kind of story you would like to play as a triple-a shooter. CoD is the best title for that.

Его Высокопревосходительство said:
True Americans played for Germany.

Also true, I spent a couple of years fighting honorably against the Allibans as part of the glorious KD-whoring LW.

Cioss Julius U.X. ? said:
I hope they learnt their lesson. I hope they aim for old CoD fans, adults and who played first CoD as their first CoD game not the damn KIDS. Still don't expect much from Sledgehammer, they were co-developer of MW3 and lead developer of Advanced Warfare that's it..

I think hoping that they'll ever make a game aimed at old CoD fans is pretty naive, as much as I also hate most modern FPSes, kids would be the target group I'd be aiming for if making money was my goal.

Although again, not saying you couldn't manage to make both old and younger gamers happy, but I don't really understand this "WHY DO THEY MAKE GAME FOR KIDS!!!???" mentality that pops up every time CoD is mentioned.

Wellenbrecher said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
Well, this time apparently you'll have a whole new health system in which you will not be able to self-regenerate health passively,
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

THAT.
IS.
NOT.
NEW.

Alright fine, the source of the medpacks is a variant, but the idea of not having magical self-regeneration is the actual OG of health systems.

Well, of course, but since COD stopped using medpacks more than 10 years ago, and so most AAA shooters, I guess it somehow counts as a new thing. For a great lot of players, it could actually be, eheh.

HoJu said:
I'm still waiting for the next Brothers in Arms, damn it.

You're not alone. GIVE US THE BULGE, GODDAMMIT

In all honesty, I have no simpathy for an AAA german WWII POV campaign and even less for wehraboos (I have that phase too, eons ago). Those guys are always pissed about Hollywood/AAA media showing the Wehrmacht losing and are able to mount speculative 4 hours documentaries on how technically the Tiger should have won in Fury, but are absolutely ok with those funny german POV narration about the noble Wehrmacht/Kriegsmarine/Luftwaffe/Whatever in which no one is a nazi.
Relic offered a particularly ridiculous example when you contrast their narrative of the soviet POV with that of the Wehrmacht/SS POV.

Úlfheðinn said:
I think hoping that they'll ever make a game aimed at old CoD fans is pretty naive, as much as I also hate most modern FPSes, kids would be the target group I'd be aiming for if making money was my goal.

Although again, not saying you couldn't manage to make both old and younger gamers happy, but I don't really understand this "WHY DO THEY MAKE GAME FOR KIDS!!!???" mentality that pops up every time CoD is mentioned.

I guess the target wasn't that much different in the golden era of WWII FPS, though. Also, the industry (in general) seems to be pushing a lot on the nostalgia factor. And if that is about 'member WWII FPS golden era, I am a victim.

At some point I'd love to see less heroic war games/stories on all fronts, like throw in the terrible moral struggle of realizing that some of the people you are fighting with and ultimately start to care about may be fine with shooting surrendering enemies, raping, stealing, whatever.

F.F.C._fritz said:
I guess the target wasn't that much different in the golden era of WWII FPS, though. Also, the industry (in general) seems to be pushing a lot on the nostalgia factor. And if that is about 'member WWII FPS golden era, I am a victim.

Yeah, honestly, I kind of feel with a lot of popular culture the problem is learning to accept that as we grow older we are also "aging out" of the target audience.

At least looking back at my own gaming history, I find that a lot of the mainstream games I liked the most, were also released when I was between 14-20 (where I would guess what I thought was fun/good in a game matched almost perfectly with what the industry seems to think an AAA FPS should focus on).

Nostalgia is of course a powerful tool/way to get older gamers to at least buy your game.

Back
Top Bottom