Call of Duty WWII

Users who are viewing this thread

F.F.C._fritz

Grandmaster Knight
I know I shouldn't fall for this, but man, it's so easy to get me hyped. Just gimme a WWII AAA FPS after a thousand years of waiting. It's been since 2007 that I kept saying - stop this modern garbage. Now they have finally listened. Thank the heavens.

FINALLY.

Apparently it will feature the Big Red One in Normandy and probably, from what I could gather and speculate from the trailer, in Germany - the town at 1:21 is german, maybe it's Aachen? Also, the pine forest at 1:17 could possibly be the Hurtgen?

There is some british voice acting too, which is good news!

Also...I doubt they have not included a Tokarev SVT (1:33) just by chance. MULTIPLE FRONTS PLEASE!

F.F.C._fritz said:
I know I shouldn't fall for this, but man, it's so easy to get me hyped.
You're not kidding.

F.F.C._fritz said:
I know I shouldn't fall for this, but man, it's so easy to get me hyped. Just gimme a WWII AAA FPS after a thousand years of waiting. It's been since 2007 that I kept saying - stop this modern garbage. Now they have finally listened. Thank the heavens.
This will literally be the exact same thing as every other Call of Duty. Also World At War came out a year after you started saying that...

Austyboo ^_^ said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
I know I shouldn't fall for this, but man, it's so easy to get me hyped.
You're not kidding.

F.F.C._fritz said:
This will literally be the exact same thing as every other Call of Duty. Also World At War came out a year after you started saying that...

Yeah, and I wish they kept on with the WWII even after WaW. Still better than Modern Warfare 2,3,4,5 etc.

Well, this time apparently you'll have a whole new health system in which you will not be able to self-regenerate health passively, but will have to rely on your squadmates for medpacks and ammo. More like ol' Medal of Honor Pacific Assault. Or so they say, but hey, that's quite a news, isn't it? As long as COD was WWII I was pretty happy with it, I will not lie. :grin:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/04/26/everything-we-know-about-call-of-duty-wwii.aspx?PageIndex=2#comments

F.F.C._fritz said:
There is some british voice acting too, which is good news!

That's ball****. Everyone knows that Americans were the only good guys fighting in WW2.

Yes. That is what i have learned from WW2 games. There are a few aeroplane games and Men of War games that will try to tell you otherwise, but they're lying.

Mehh. World at War was one of the greatest CoD's I ever played. MW 1&2 also. Still play those games. Maybe I'll buy this one from the Campaign not sure yet. T'is just my opinion.

null said:
Yes. That is what i have learned from WW2 games. There are a few aeroplane games and Men of War games that will try to tell you otherwise, but they're lying.
Also saint Rommel was the bestest and greatest general of that war. Only the Americans could beat the Blitzkreig tactics of his Tiger tanks!

I would like to see them do it as war stories kinda like from Battlefield one. Following a soldier or two from each of the forces would be a nice change from the norm.

null said:
I would like to see them do it as war stories kinda like from Battlefield one. Following a soldier or two from each of the forces would be a nice change from the norm.

Official statement:

“Call of Duty: WWII focuses on the actions of a squad from 1944 to 1945, but will also touch on events from 1940 to 1944 to help set the stage for the narrative and establish the characters. It takes place in the European theater of conflict, at a time when the Allied forces were finally starting to gather strength on their march into Germany. You and your squad will fight your way through occupied France, Belgium, and across the Rhine into Germany.”

So who knows.  Probably next Battlefield will feature something more like that, from the Pacific to Berlin. Hopefully.

Oh boy, can't wait for this undoubtedly excellent game that'll have revolutionary features, a good storyline and interesting gameplay. I'm sure it won't be like they have always been!

F.F.C._fritz said:
null said:

Official statement:

“Call of Duty: WWII focuses on the actions of a squad from 1944 to 1945, but will also touch on events from 1940 to 1944 to help set the stage for the narrative and establish the characters. It takes place in the European theater of conflict, at a time when the Allied forces were finally starting to gather strength on their march into Germany. You and your squad will fight your way through occupied France, Belgium, and across the Rhine into Germany.”

So who knows.  Probably next Battlefield will feature something more like that, from the Pacific to Berlin. Hopefully.

Oh for ****'s sake and mother of all **** holes. Just once I want a WW2 fps game that is set during the early years of the war.

Austyboo ^_^ said:
All this misplaced optimism and no one's even made a joke about the half-assed name.

#notmyforum

Well that is, uh, cringeworthy. On that we can surely agree. I mean, I know "Big Red One" was already taken and all but still "WW2", meh, it sounds like a placeholder.

null said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
null said:

Official statement:

Oh for ****'s sake and mother of all **** holes. Just once I want a WW2 fps game that is set during the early years of the war.
I agree. After watching the 9th April movie, I would really appreciate some more slow-paced action like that.

Oh, let me guess, it that's type of game where the Americans fought the whole war by themselves, and the Soviets were merely helping, so why add them, right? There are just so many recent games (of different genres) that cover the late war period, specifically around the Western front that it's not even funny.

Or, wait...Immediately after release, you can buy the Eastern front DLC for JUST 39.99$!1!!

No gameplay footage with HUD seen, and the pre-order bonus is private (ha, pun) beta access. So instead of allowing the public to play a beta before public release, that could give much more feedback, leave the feedback to only the folks who pre-order the game first. What a great idea! Honestly, since when does a new game reveal mean the trend of no actual gameplay example seen?  Another upcoming game with a reveal of no gameplay. Just cinematic trailer and in-engine cutscenes. If the pre-order bonus is their way of not making a gimmicky pre-order incentive, how about none at all? It won't kill the gaming industry not to pre-order the day of a game announcement, right? :roll:

I haven't played a CoD game in a long time, last time was playing at a friend's house, years ago. I'm not bashing CoD for being CoD here, only the annoying trend of game announcements. I won't pre-order any game until a month before release if I am determined to buy a game and the incentive is there. Can't say the same for the people who pre-order any game just after seeing a reveal trailer. Always gotta wait for E3 for actual gameplay, with HUD, and all to see how the game actually plays.

The Bowman said:
Oh, let me guess, it that's type of game where the Americans fought the whole war by themselves, and the Soviets were merely helping, so why add them, right? There are just so many recent games (of different genres) that cover the late war period, specifically around the Western front that it's not even funny.

Or, wait...Immediately after release, you can buy the Eastern front DLC for JUST 39.99$!1!!

I mean America did win two world wars, so credit where credit is due.

Jokes aside, there's a reason WW2 games spam "AMERICA!!!", it makes ****loads of money, yo, and this is COD we are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom