Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.53]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caba`drin said:
Dunbine said:
I twice successfully besieged the Khergit castle of Reindi as the Swadians, and after a pretty gruesome battle, in both cases I've taken it.  However, after dealing with the prisoners and loot, I get a screen that shows the enemy casualties again.  At the top is the message "You shouldn't be seeing this", it lists the casualties, and when I click on continue, I get +/- 300 denars, and... nothing happens.  So I click continue again, I get +/- 300 denars and... nothing happens.  And so on, with no escape possible except to tab out and exit through the task manager. 
Is this a new game on 2.53 or one carried over from 2.52 (or earlier)?
Were you ever enlisted prior to this?

2.53 Gameplay carried over from 2.52 (modified as per http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,232356.0.html to add more items to Gameplay).  I was never enlisted in another Lord's army.

Dunbine

Dunno if this is from Native or a bug in the game.

I destroyed a faction and after some time they "restored" the faction and came back into the game? Is this intended or is it carried from Native?

## REQUEST FOR INFO ##
For the folks who are getting a crash upon entry into tournaments specifically at the "Join the Tournament" menu option.

What level is your character?
Do you have level scaling enabled?

Windyplains said:
## REQUEST FOR INFO ##
For the folks who are getting a crash upon entry into tournaments specifically at the "Join the Tournament" menu option.

My character was level one. I'm not sure what you mean by level scaling...

DC53 said:
Windyplains said:
## REQUEST FOR INFO ##

Well that shoots that theory.  Thanks for the reply.  Level scaling is an option you can turn on in the options panel (under display options) to make the enemies "scale" in level with you.  It ups the difficulty score by 20% having it on.

Floris: Expanded 2.53
Warband: 1.153

Bug:

Cheer sound missing from battle

Details:

When the player wins a battle, the companions go through the cheering motion but the audio does not play (even with companions standing next to the player).

Windyplains said:
DC53 said:
Windyplains said:
## REQUEST FOR INFO ##

Well that shoots that theory.  Thanks for the reply.  Level scaling is an option you can turn on in the options panel (under display options) to make the enemies "scale" in level with you.  It ups the difficulty score by 20% having it on.
Just found this out, game does not crash if you're using the Native tournament system. Also, did you see my posted rgl text in Support?

problems....

Just ran a massive in field battle with my 81 man army against 7 Nord Lords and 713 soldiers using the entrenchment feature.
Yes i won. Only lost i think 5 men. :cool:
No i'm not Happy. :cry:

Here's why....

A) thanks to the previously mention reinforce issue with said feature i had to go through maybe 10 battle sequences with depreciating enemy numbers instead of the 2 or 3 battle sequences with enemy reinforcements show up as i so amazingly slaughtered them. Making this damn thing last for 2 hours!!! :mad:

B) Found a glitch with PBOD. With the gross outmanned scenario, i was permitted only 13 men to start. I opted to leave out my companions and bring in all A6 archers. Apparently i started with all my companions and 9 archers... totalling 19 men. Not complaining that just made it better for me, just pointing it out. I repeated this nifty glitch 3 more times till eventually i started spawning what i was told at PBOD prep screen.

C) 3 times i ran into the passive AI glitch. If i was the kind of player that loves to cheat and enjoys little glitches and lands success in my hands i'd be elated. But since i'm the type of guy that loves challenges and went willingly into a 9v1 battle scenario, watching 134 AI enemy taking taking arrows to the face, chest, knee (they'd have a future in skyrim if i was'nt slaughtering them) from my completely unprotected archers on a hill. and not even engage or run was appalling. :cry:

D) Thanks to the previously mentioned no tab/exit retreat option for normal in field entrenchment battle i was stuck watching this atrocity occur. :sad: 3.... damn... times. :mad:

E) After 2 hours, 10 ish battle sequences, 713 ... well 700 (a few lords and some lucky guys were knocked out) dead nords, and surving a 9v1 battle scenario that should have resulted in me starting over literally... i was rewarded with lordly scaled gauntlets and maybe 10 items worthmore than 100 but less that 200 denars.  :???: The 5 men i lost in combat was worth more that the ****ing loot i got from that battle. I've gotten better loot killing 200 bandits. Basically what i'm saying here is the looting system .... is ****..... ok being a bit of a **** there... it seriously needs to be looked at. No way in hell i should be getting better loot from bandits than from official factionforce.... especially at triple the numbers.... WTF!!!!

I have pre and post save to this retarted battle. It left such a bad taste in my mouth i haven't played and probably won't for a while so my RGl thing is there too. If anybody want it all you gotta do is tell how to get it to you and you can look at it or play it yourself.

Lycanus Darkbinder said:
Floris: Expanded 2.53

Bug:

Cheer sound missing from battle

Details:

When the player wins a battle, the companions go through the cheering motion but the audio does not play (even with companions standing next to the player).

For what it's worth I'm running the same Warband and Floris versions as you but all the cheering sounds are present in my game.

Floris: 2.53

Bug:

Item tooltips display incorrect stat modifiers

Details:

I was wearing the default tunic (+8 Body Armor) when I moused over the following: Battered Blue Viking Lamellar Armor. The tooltip said at the bottom "-2 to body armor -2 to leg armor"

The problem is that my body armor was already 8 and the item is +16 so the tooltip should have read +8 to body armor... unless I'm misunderstanding what those modifiers mean.

Lycanus, the modifier description is describing the effect of 'Battered' on the 'Blue Viking Lamellar Armour'; it doesn't relate to how good the item is compared to what you're already wearing.

(Possible) Bug:

I have 2 (out of 47 existing) acres of land in Dhirim (I bought, rather than made, both) and, after visiting a while later, earned "-274 denars".. I understand if it's not been rented and I've just paid for some basic upkeep of it, but shouldn't this be mentioned if this is the case?

I should probably also mention that I don't owe those fatcat bankers a penny, so it can't be interest on a loan.

(Warband 1.153, Floris Expanded 2.53)

@DaElf

Thanks, that makes sense.

-----------------------
Floris: 2.53 Gameplay

Bug:

Companions stuck in endless weapon swap during tournaments

Details:

In the tournament options, I gave all my companions the following equipment:

1h/sword
2h
enhanced armor

The teams were "2 teams of 2". When we spawned, there was a companion on my team as well as a companion on the other team with a random NPC.

I killed the random NPC and my two companions ran to the middle of the arena and did nothing for 10 minutes but bump each other and switch from 1h/shield to 2h to 1h/shield to 2h (repeatedly).

Eventually I had to kill the opponent to end the round.

When I modified the weapon choices to give only 1 melee type or 1 melee type + bows they fought correctly.

Copypasted from Freelancer bug reports:

Currently using Floris mod, but this is Freelancer related.

I'm currently serving Hersir Marayirr (I'd assume hes a Jarl in Native), and I'm stuck at the third rank up from normal. The commanders report says my experience to next rank is N/A. I still get paid for my current rank, but I can't advance at all.

Previous to this, I wanted to change my class. Since Freelancer doesn't support changing classes, I deserted to pick again. Got up to Rank 3 of my preferred one and now I'm stuck :sad:

Tried changing lords, deserting again, to no change. Other factions appear to work fine.

Floris 2.53
Warband 1.153
New Game

Just need some clarification. I can't seem to find Sigmund anywhere in the game - is there any way to find him w/o using Ctrl-Click and checking all taverns?

ApHavoc642 said:
Just need some clarification. I can't seem to find Sigmund anywhere in the game - is there any way to find him w/o using Ctrl-Click and checking all taverns?
Not in 2.53 there isn't.  He switches taverns every 3 days like all of the rest of the tavern folk (book sellers, ransom agents, etc).

Krowe93 said:
I'm currently serving Hersir Marayirr (I'd assume hes a Jarl in Native), and I'm stuck at the third rank up from normal. The commanders report says my experience to next rank is N/A. I still get paid for my current rank, but I can't advance at all.
Are you sure you meet the skill requirements of the rank you're trying to achieve?  Beyond just experience you have to have certain skill minimum values for a given rank / class.  You should receive a message about arms being too weak or not being a good enough rider, etc.

I don't remember seeing that, is there somewhere I can see these stats needed?

Currently I'm an I3 Kertilsveinr, haven't decided whether I want to become an A4 Ascoman or I4 Vikingr

There in the reference materials of the reports section. There's troop trees, and if you click on a troop, you can see the stats and whatnot.

Expanded Mod 2.53
M&BW Install 1.153

This has already been reported, but I'm throwing in my 2 denars.

I'm winning a variety of weapons and horses from tourneys that have armour type enhancements on them (Thick, Reinforced, and so on) rather than enhancements proper to their type.  That's the only place I've found the bug so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom