Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.53]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this goes on support or something, but sometimes, my game stops showing messages. When I get damage or something, no green or red or whatever message comes up, but that happens 1 out of 10 times, so it's not really serious, but annoying tho'.

Bremmelgod said:
I don't know if this goes on support or something, but sometimes, my game stops showing messages. When I get damage or something, no green or red or whatever message comes up, but that happens 1 out of 10 times, so it's not really serious, but annoying tho'.
This is an anti-spam feature of the game itself.  It happens if too much text tries to appear in too short a period of time in the message log.  This will then kick in and prevent new messages from showing up for a while.  In a little while this will recover on its own, but in 2.6 I'll make something that can force it to do so immediately.  This most commonly occurs if you have cheats enabled (too much information) or script errors are occurring.

Windyplains said:
Bremmelgod said:
This is an anti-spam feature of the game itself.  It happens if too much text tries to appear in too short a period of time in the message log.  This will then kick in and prevent new messages from showing up for a while.  In a little while this will recover on its own, but in 2.6 I'll make something that can force it to do so immediately.  This most commonly occurs if you have cheats enabled (too much information) or script errors are occurring.

I know that anti spam thing, it happens in battles, but what happens here is that even though no message appeared before, the new messages still don't appear, even though I just started the game.

Edit: It seems to happen if you abandon a siege, but I'm not sure.
Editedit: Yes, if you abandon a siege in any way, the messages stop appearing.

Its still as windy said, the game reacts to a message flood. Check notes->recent messages to see whats going on. There may be a long script error popping up for some reason, if thats the case it d be great if you can past it here.

Bremmelgod said:
Windyplains said:
Bremmelgod said:

I know that anti spam thing, it happens in battles, but what happens here is that even though no message appeared before, the new messages still don't appear, even though I just started the game.

Edit: It seems to happen if you abandon a siege, but I'm not sure.
Editedit: Yes, if you abandon a siege in any way, the messages stop appearing.

If you siege a castle or town and then move away you get spammed by "You can not maintain the siege from this distance" messages and this will cause the messages to not appear anymore for sometime.

It doesn't appear anymore because the message box is also expanded to below the actual screen.
Anyways, I found a bug, don't know if it's native, or known, but here goes:
If you are a female character you can marry woman  :lol:
Just did, and although I expected my game to crash, it didn't.
It even got all the family stuff right.

Another thing related to the spamming of messages, I destroyed a trebuchet and the messages didn't appear in 5 minutes.

Duh said:
Its still as windy said, the game reacts to a message flood. Check notes->recent messages to see whats going on. There may be a long script error popping up for some reason, if thats the case it d be great if you can paste it here.

Duh said:
Duh said:
Its still as windy said, the game reacts to a message flood. Check notes->recent messages to see whats going on. There may be a long script error popping up for some reason, if thats the case it d be great if you can paste it here.
Ignoring the messages, what's with those trebuchets?

Bremmelgod said:
Duh said:
Duh said:
How would we know without the script error? There is a reason why we need screens of them or at the very least the scene name. Also note that crossposting is against forum rules and considering that we quickly respond there really wasnt a need to make a seperate topic. Anyhow - screen and scene name are needed for us to investigate this.

Duh said:
Bremmelgod said:
Duh said:
Duh said:
How would we know without the script error? There is a reason why we need screens of them or at the very least the scene name. Also note that crossposting is against forum rules and considering that we quickly respond there really wasnt a need to make a seperate topic. Anyhow - screen and scene name are needed for us to investigate this.

Jamiche Castle.
http://postimage.org/image/h2zqwkh07/
http://postimage.org/image/aw0hc28bt/

Whoever made the scene used multiplayer props i think. So the error might appear, because its trying to trigger sth multiplayer related in singleplayer. The trebuchets are only there for decoration though, so its nothing to be concerned about. Cheers for the report though!

Another bug, there are two weaopns that, in it's name, they have the word "Throwing", but in game, they're one handed, and their reach is 0 and attack animation is extremelly slow.
Can it be fixed with morgh's editor?

if you know the name you locate it with yeah. But I think that what you got there are the placeholders for the melee versions of those weapons.
I could be wrong though.

Items number 768 and 769, at least what can I count from cheat menu, named Throwing Bollock Daggers and Throwing Dirks.

Malanthor said:
Edwyn when reacting to lezalit says: .. i must say you should teach palantinus lezalit a lesson, if it wasnt for my self controll i would have "flown to her throat a long time ago"
The next verse makes more sense but lezalit is still referred to as she. :grin:

Duh said:
Whoever made the scene used multiplayer props i think. So the error might appear, because its trying to trigger sth multiplayer related in singleplayer. The trebuchets are only there for decoration though, so its nothing to be concerned about. Cheers for the report though!

Malanthor said:
Also there is a weapon called "balanced bollocks throwing daggers" this weapon is messed up really bad, whenever you try to swing/throw it the animation happens in really slow motion, and nothing happens. I dont know if its nothing but a big joke though. :grin:

Bremmelgod said:
Items number 768 and 769, at least what can I count from cheat menu, named Throwing Bollock Daggers and Throwing Dirks.

I fixed these for 2.54. Thanks for reporting!

RyrMyrByr said:
First bug:
INVALID ITEM in One-Handed Weapons
1BC933FC8601F3438FFF5015A53148BFE1C1E350

This is actually not a bug: there is indeed an item called 'invalid item'. This is a Native item used in case there is... an invalid item somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom