Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, whats with them sea battles? doesnt seem to function, only thing you can do is Order your troops to attack without you...
Sea battle scene looks fabulous, I really miss it...

They didn't have grammar back in 1257 AD. Nice try though.

Concerning the horses, I agree completely with the fact that they die far too easily now. I bring my crossbow with my into the Sicily tournaments and I just kill all of the horses then kite around and win. Each horse takes about 2 shots to kill and these are the best horses in the game and I'm using the starter crossbow/bolts. Granted I understand the realisticness of it, a horse with 2 bolts in it would probably go down or be wounded quite a bit. However a horse that is equipped with chainmail shouldn't drop in two hits, it's completely unrealistic.

Concerning the start of battles where they make those pitiful lines and get picked off. You should set the formations up like so...

1) All units hold position
2) Calvary, take ten paces back
3) Archers, take ten paces forward
4) Infantry, stand closer

This lineup would keep the calvary's horses from being massacred instantly, would put the infantry behind the archers so they can swap out rather quickly when required, and would put the archers up from to soften the enemies. Personally I set this up manually at the start of every fight, it would just be nice to see it done automatically rather than the setup you currently have.

Hello guys,

First of all, amazing mod. Never saw a huge and so accurate map...well, i do not know much about Eurpte geography but nvm.

Wanna list one bug that is making me very angry cuz makes part (or not) of a quest:

1 - When I get a quest to terminate with a bandit hideout (specifically Roving Knights near Reims and Sea Raiders near Skaerbek), i just enter, try to battle some enemies and, for nothing, i just change sides, that means...i get teleported to the enemy spawn position and starts to fight on enemy side. Weirdly, my former character appears fleeing without a corpse (just the whole armor and the weapon), like a ghost armor. That happened on these 2 hideouts...the only thing both of them have is the scenario (beach with two boats and two cave entrances).

I'll try to post some screenshots to you guys see.

Except for that, is a whole amazing mod (specially for the lesser heroes individual inventories...hail the junk collectors!).

Cya all, I'll be back with the screenies.

Jang_de_Blannen said:
Sidus Preclarum said:
Remonster6x said:
Kinsume said:
They didn't have grammar back in 1257 AD. Nice try though.

This!

Too bad we have now.
(And no grammar in 1257? Really?

i had to translate a document written in medieval latin. sent me screaming and hurtling my head vs a brick wall for a week.

Medieval Latin is rather easy, the writer tends to follow his own native language's grammatical patterns.
The handwriting is where the difficulty lies.

12oz Jesus said:
I got the CTD during battle (fair number of horses) both times I tried a battle in new version.

I played a 670ish vs 650ish battle in 1.126 Native and had no problems with crashes.

Found the solution to this on bugtracker forums...

comment 18189 posted by Daegoth on 2010-07-08 3:00 AM, 1 day and 11 hours ago    forward 
we've found the problem and fixed it, and changed the installers. sorry for patching without changing the version number. you need to reinstall 1.126 now.

comment 18186 posted by othr on 2010-07-07 10:35 PM, 1 day and 16 hours ago    forward 
Well, I was able to solve the problem by removing warband completely and then reinstalling it from the full download not the 1.125 to 1.126 patch.  I think your patch is borked in some way. 

Daegoth said that new patch will be out soon and Native is not affected so this will be the only announcement you get.  You're welcome.

I found a bug, but its not really the end of world :wink:

A patrol from Navarra is patrolling round France, when it says their meant to be patrolling round Pamplona

23u7l9i.jpg

Frostysmittyjaja said:
I found a bug, but its not really the end of world :wink:

A patrol from Navarra is patrolling round France, when it says their meant to be patrolling round Pamplona

23u7l9i.jpg

I saw it too mate :wink:

I just noticed there are 2 Tripoli's on the map. One in the Hafsid territory and the other in the middle east.

Kinsume said:
I just noticed there are 2 Tripoli's on the map. One in the Hafsid territory and the other in the middle east.

that should be correct

there's a tripoli on the african coast, and one on the syrian coast :smile:

Latinikon said:
Umm, whats with them sea battles? doesnt seem to function, only thing you can do is Order your troops to attack without you...
Sea battle scene looks fabulous, I really miss it...

I had this problem too. I was at full health but could only order my troops to attack without me. Bummer. Also, I started in pre7, but one thing I noticed about sea battles....no loot! Why not? It's not like I am sinking their ship to win, I am merely wiping them out so this doesn't really make sense to me.

One more buggy thing. Started 2 games so far. One in Chester, and one in Elbing. The opening merchant was from a different city both times. I consequently could not do the opening quest due to a CTD when I tried to start the quest. All I could do was the opening fight, then the merchant would show, take me to his house, where I could say 'Not interested' or go get guys. When I would return with guys and talk to the merchant, CTD. No big deal but still.

Great Mod BTW!

Yeah, OK.  Mongols were not Turks, however the Turks were under Mongol control during those times.  Other than that I don't know what you're getting at other than spewing some nationalistic bull****.

I still need to redo town and castle assignments, sorry Kuauik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom