Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

@kraggim:

Can you comment on this tool?
I was looking at tweak viewer just now and it appears to be a great resource to compare native changes versus untweakable values in warband.

"You could open native with tweak mb and use the tweak viewer (at the top) to look at TaxInefficiency_MaxInefficiency, and try to find the equivalent bit to change in Brytenwalda."

Are these tweak values hidden in the modules_system? I would think that if one just changed the value that matches the numbers in the text files, it would be shooting blind. One doesn't know if the values have been changed significantly by the Brytenwalda modders. Or are they very similar?

Also, if there is a matching python value, would I look for the "unique line id"?  I see that the "unique line id" is the actual searchable number block in the text compilations, but can one match those unique id's to locations in the python script?

While I'm studying Tweak values, I have three requests for information or improvements:
1) Battle size is too large for most Brytenwalda battles. When I make it smaller in TweakMB, it just makes the battle map into a long rectangle rather than a smaller square.
Those numbers in tweak viewer offer no insight into how this is being generated. This would be an incredible time saver, especially with the rugged terrains. It would also make it less easy for the mounted lords and ladies to get mobbed.

2) Enterprises. It seems like only the breweries and bakeries in Brytenw are worth the expense. It would be nice if you could figure out what values to tweak to make different enterprises valuable in different cities.

3) Trading is not really useful outside the silver-salt-beer run. Viking Conquest has a much wider range of market values.
In addition, VC has many villages where goods are sold much lower than the market rate, which makes trading and village interaction much more fun. Can we do the same in Repolished?

Thx for the tips, I managed to find the trigger values in the .txt files and set it to 99 so no more tax inefficiency :lol: Other values are heavily modified in Brytenvalda so I couldn't find the correct lines.

@kalarhan I used to have my own Pagan Kingdom but all hated me so I had to join another king :sad: now I'm knda in the same place with 13 of 15 left Kingdoms attacking mine lol Beeing Pagan sux  :evil:

gdwitt said:
Are these tweak values hidden in the modules_system? I would think that if one just changed the value that matches the numbers in the text files, it would be shooting blind. One doesn't know if the values have been changed significantly by the Brytenwalda modders. Or are they very similar?
From what I remember some values are the same in the source and .txt, some seem to be different, just have to hope the one you're lookng for is. 
When using the tweak viewer to try and manually do an incompatible tweak you basically have to hope you can spot it. You have to find the section and look at the numbers and look for similar patterns and structures, and hope it pops out at you.  It helps if you know what the value is, for instance if the devs have said max tax inefficiency is 70, then you look for a 70 in there.  It's not a reliable way of doing tweaks, but can work.

Also, if there is a matching python value, would I look for the "unique line id"?  I see that the "unique line id" is the actual searchable number block in the text compilations, but can one match those unique id's to locations in the python script?
I think the line id is often the same between .py and.txt, so it can be a good place to start. Can be of limited help when it's followed be many many pages of random looking numbers (like game_start for instance). That's when you break out the difference checker and get ready to pull your hair out.
There should be a thread for tweakMB somewhere in the forge tools section, could try asking there.

For the other 3 things, I'd wait until Brujoloco gets back,  balance stuff is his area generally. He'll probably read through the thread but  who knows how much he'll retain, it's expanded quite a lot.

Rarilmar, play Viking Conquest, being pagan rocks in that!

Any plans to update this version of Brytenwalda for newer patches (IE that are compatible with my stupid new serial number)? Brytenwalda sounds like more fun that a bag of kittens.

Alasdair said:
Any plans to update this version of Brytenwalda for newer patches (IE that are compatible with my stupid new serial number)? Brytenwalda sounds like more fun that a bag of kittens.
Brytenwalda is already compatible with the latest patches. Patches that have been released since at least 1.153 haven't really changed anything as far as mod compatibility is concerned,

Bug - If you tell your only vassal " I wish to ask the location of someone " you get stuck in an infinite loop and your game be done for.

I also saw one of my men flying around the battle map at speeds I could barely keep up with, with my eyes..what was that about I wonder..

The flying soldier issue I "think" is a result of the battle maps being too big, you can change the battle map sizes with tweak mb, I just change it to the default native size as noted. What evidence you ask, do I have to prove that the increased battle size is the reason for the flying soldiers? Well none, but ever since I changed it back to native size, I haven't experienced any flying super soldier. Try it the battle maps aren't as hilly and you don't have to spend 10 minutes crawling across a huge map to kill 20 bandits, its a win win.

madmaximillian said:
The flying soldier issue I "think" is a result of the battle maps being too big, you can change the battle map sizes with tweak mb, I just change it to the default native size as noted. What evidence you ask, do I have to prove that the increased battle size is the reason for the flying soldiers? Well none, but ever since I changed it back to native size, I haven't experienced any flying super soldier. Try it the battle maps aren't as hilly and you don't have to spend 10 minutes crawling across a huge map to kill 20 bandits, its a win win.

Problem is, I set my max battle size to 150 ( max native ) the first time I launched this mod. It's getting worse, with duels becoming fast paced ( gamebreakingly fact paced ) for both me and my enemy, and there are still soldiers every now and then on both sides who tend to become the flash, and it's quite annoying.

madmaximillian said:

Thanks for the tip.  Did you notice any problems from reducing the map size? Like graphic/ai glitches or whatever.

madmaximillian said:

How do I change the battle maps?

Embarrassing question but, how do I know that I successfully installed the mod?  I am using the Standalone version which includes the base Brytenwalda 1.41.  Thank you very much.

kraggrim said:
Search for a program called TweakMB and use that.

Didn't help. I lowered the 4xxxxx on all the maps to 3xxxxx and I'm still getting medieval versions of The Flash.

I'm not sure if it's due to the map change, but when training peasants in this mod, do they normally spawn the peasant on the opposite side of the map?... -,-

Sunny Beach said:
kraggrim said:

Didn't help. I lowered the 4xxxxx on all the maps to 3xxxxx and I'm still getting medieval versions of The Flash.

I'm not sure if it's due to the map change, but when training peasants in this mod, do they normally spawn the peasant on the opposite side of the map?... -,-

I need some help here bruhs! This is really bringing me doooown. Love the mod but the battles are so tedious with this happening.

Regarding battle map sizes the Non-forested maps (steppe,plain,snow,desert) default sizes are 430500 and the Forested maps (steppe,plain,snow,desert) default sizes are 256250. That's what works for me, try that hopefully it will work for you too. It could however just be a placebo like effect, but I have seen the Flash since, so....

edit: As far as I know, there hasn't been a definitive solution to this problem found, by either the modders or the players.

I think I found a bug, I wonder if anyone else can confirm or deny this just so I know it is not an error on my part.  I can't access Arderydd, the village just east of Caer Wenddoleu also there are also some village farmers that seem to be stuck right next to the village. If anyone has any ideas how I can fix this please let me know. Thanks.

Guys, I´m not gone, and working still (when free time permits) on next update :smile: , they will be more slow than before due to RL Work taking most of my spare time, but still being worked on.

Right now I am talking to a kindly contributor that seems to have fixed some issues and his work might be the core of the next update, as usual, keep posting here, I check every once in a while!

Much love to you all!

Check up on issues from today and as far as I can go back

madmaximillian said:
Regarding battle map sizes the Non-forested maps (steppe,plain,snow,desert) default sizes are 430500 and the Forested maps (steppe,plain,snow,desert) default sizes are 256250. That's what works for me, try that hopefully it will work for you too. It could however just be a placebo like effect, but I have seen the Flash since, so....

edit: As far as I know, there hasn't been a definitive solution to this problem found, by either the modders or the players.

I think I found a bug, I wonder if anyone else can confirm or deny this just so I know it is not an error on my part.  I can't access Arderydd, the village just east of Caer Wenddoleu also there are also some village farmers that seem to be stuck right next to the village. If anyone has any ideas how I can fix this please let me know. Thanks.

Arderydd as far as I recall was one of my first fixes. If yours shows up landlocked, it means you are using an Old save or started a new game with the old map then proceeded to add the patch/full version of the game. Sadly village locations (and most other POI´s) are fixed upon a new savegame and locked there forever after, even if you update later the map with newer info.

wargod2009 said:
Embarrassing question but, how do I know that I successfully installed the mod?  I am using the Standalone version which includes the base Brytenwalda 1.41.  Thank you very much.

Well, the STANDALONE version is well ... Standalone  :mrgreen: as in it´s the whole package and should be playable right from the start! Don´t really know how I can explain it better, you just unzip the standalone and drop it in the modules folder and that´s pretty much it.

Sunny Beach said:
kraggrim said:

The Flash/Speedy Gonzalez/RoadRunner issue of mortification is a well known issue. There are several workarounds to it. From Changing the battle map size (with added side effects of wiping some of the spawn points scattering some of your troops) to simply using a much smaller Battlesize to not have HUGE armies lagging/breaking the Mesh AI bounds of the game in the map. This is an inherited bug and a bit of a pain. My only recommendation is simple: A hard fix for most AI/Script breakages is a simple relaunch of the game every 2 hours as a start or as soon as you see the behavior appearing, which , AS USUAL in all things Warband MIGHT not work  :grin: , but never hurts to try.

It could be feasible to try to alter the size of the maps , but what I am SLOWLY doing is simply altering the EDGES of the huge maps. Map Edges at the moment in some maps cut abruptly into the void and it MIGHT be one of the reasons why the hardcoded troop formations break in unexpected results (The AI Mesh there is broken, which I believe is the culprit).

As of today, there is no sure fire way to fix it, but game is quite playable (and finishable too) as it is now, so just breathe up when the running men pop up, withdraw and fight again.

Rarilmar said:
Thx for the tips, I managed to find the trigger values in the .txt files and set it to 99 so no more tax inefficiency :lol: Other values are heavily modified in Brytenvalda so I couldn't find the correct lines.

@kalarhan I used to have my own Pagan Kingdom but all hated me so I had to join another king :sad: now I'm knda in the same place with 13 of 15 left Kingdoms attacking mine lol Beeing Pagan sux  :evil:

Can you grab the edited txt file location you changed and post it here for people that might want to tweak it themselves? I see this modification request popping often enough to warrant the "optional" tag  :grin:

****erlord said:
You should fix the plethora of spelling and grammar issues this mod has if you're going to do this. Most of the people I know agree that the poor English of this mod is a major turnoff and, in spite of the professionalism of the scene design, really makes it feel unpolished - and not repolished, which is clearly the vibe you're going for! :wink:

I fixed the Mystic Merchant dialogue, and can fix any other offender given time, but need the exact phrases you deem offensive.

For instance if you find an NPC (name of it, location, instance, city, situation) that says something (what he says, how is it bad, which words are wrong, what syntax is misplaced) It would be more helpful than just saying the npc´s are butchering Ye´Olde Engle Saxony Language ... just sayin´  :grin:

So feel free to hop in into this community bus and point to me at least, the offending texts so they can be replaced. I play Brytenwalda as a roaming semi bandit/freelancer for years in game so I hardly talk to npc´s or do much of the quests, so the only offending text was for me most of the time The Mystic Merchant with his little beady eyes of greed and transliteration  :wink:

kraggrim said:
I set farmers as their own group. When the fight starts I tell them hold fire and charge, they then slow down the enemy with their disposable bodies while I get into formation.  :smile:.  Also, remember you can press ctrl+f9 (if you have cheats enabled, I normally do) to go into slow-mo, useful for issuing orders when time is short.

Some things for troops update in a save game, inventory and upgrade paths do anyway. You don't even have to restart the game. Quit to main menu, press alt+enter for windowed mode, select 'restore module data' from one of the window menus. reload your game.

I think stats, weapon proficiencies and tickboxes (guarantee armour, mounted etc) don't update in a save.

This is actually good info for people to know. +1 , but yeah, armor/items in general dont reupdate since they are stored within the save already, same as village locations

Back
Top Bottom