Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg said:
Thanks for the updated meshes.  I will check it out.  Does the update add the pines back in?

No it doesn't, it just replaces the collision meshes left over where a group of pines were turned into a single non-pine tree or a single pine was turned into a collection of small rocks. I think the graphics pack originally made some strange substitutions.

Redleg said:
I understand this may also be a function of the battle map size and is more likely to occur with the larger battle map than with the original Brytenwalda 1.41 size.

What do you mean by battle map size? As in the length/width of the scenes used to fight battles in the field?  I looked through the changelogs for repolished and TML's mod and couldn't find anything regarding this.

Glad it's useful. Just realised I should probably spoiler that massive post of mine, you could probably do the same with that quote :wink:.

kraggrim said:
Redleg said:
Thanks for the updated meshes.  I will check it out.  Does the update add the pines back in?

No it doesn't, it just replaces the collision meshes left over where a group of pines were turned into a single non-pine tree or a single pine was turned into a collection of small rocks. I think the graphics pack originally made some strange substitutions.

Redleg said:
I understand this may also be a function of the battle map size and is more likely to occur with the larger battle map than with the original Brytenwalda 1.41 size.

What do you mean by battle map size? As in the length/width of the scenes used to fight battles in the field?  I looked through the changelogs for repolished and TML's mod and couldn't find anything regarding this.

You're right about the battle map size.  It looks the same as in Brytenwalda 1.41.  The brf you posted for the tree fix seems to work fine.  Thanks again.

Okay, updated the subsubmod:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/ahcihl

07/01/2015 Changes:
-Village garrisons should now fill with low level faction troops. These will only be slightly tougher than the farmers, but there's a small chance they'll also get middle or high ranking troops too. This is to balance out the reduced risk from being able to run away while raiding, and also to make raiding more varied and exciting. If you're using an old save then the farmers will probably have to be killed in battle before they're replaced.

-Pirate ship spawn points have been moved closer to the coast. This should mean they have a greater chance of interacting with the player and other parties. Unlikely to take effect in old saves.

-East Seaxna should now use small numbers of Fresena troops. In old saves this will take a little while to become noticeable.

-Updated collision meshes of various trees that were causing invisible barriers, resized some small rocks that were actually large rocks and messing up pathing in villages.

-Updated Westerham and a few other villages/scenes with cosmetic and ai-mesh tweaks.

Is it intentional that you can't rescue lords, if you're unaffiliated? I tired rescuing a lord twice, only for the dialogue to be missing. Killing the guard and talking to him, initiated combat dialogue. Yet when I bribed the guard, I only had the option to elist in his army.

Ramsay Bolton said:
Is it intentional that you can't rescue lords, if you're unaffiliated? I tired rescuing a lord twice, only for the dialogue to be missing. Killing the guard and talking to him, initiated combat dialogue. Yet when I bribed the guard, I only had the option to elist in his army.

If you kill the guard then you automatically pick up the key (you should get a message) and so can unlock the lord's shackles or whatever, if you bribe him he just let's you go inside for a look.  That's how it should work anyway. I've managed to rescue unaffiliated lords before.

kraggrim said:
Ramsay Bolton said:

If you kill the guard then you automatically pick up the key (you should get a message) and so can unlock the lord's shackles or whatever, if you bribe him he just let's you go inside for a look.  That's how it should work anyway. I've managed to rescue unaffiliated lords before.
For me at least the option is missing.

Also are bandit lairs still in the mod? I have yet to find one.

I have a problem, all enemies yell like women when I play a female character. It was hilarious at first, but now it's getting kinda annoying. Anyone know what causes this? My own and allied troops don't have that issue, but all enemies (even the guys in the arena fights) use the female version of the angry screams.

Ramsay Bolton, I had a look again and I had the rescue option. Had 0 relation with the lord and his faction, and 0 relation with the faction I was rescuing him from. Sorry, don't know the problem here. Maybe get the quest from the lord's mother/wife/sister to rescue him, might 'reset' the option. Maybe finish any quests you've got going first, dunno.
GDquk.jpg

There are bandit lairs. Easiest to find is this one, usually between here and Dofras.
JtQ0u.jpg
The dena one is usually near the rivers here:
P2691.jpg
And there's often one on/around this hill west of Monid Crobh:
r14qB.jpg

Salmonsy, I checked and that is a vanilla Brytenwalda 1.41 bug. Maybe look in the support/bug threads for normal Brytenwalda. Hopefully when Brujoloco comes back he might have an idea.

Hi,

I don't know if someone has already say it, but i think the tournament need to be reworked. Like in the Tournament Play Enhancements mod or somethink like that if possible.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

First I want to say this mod is the reason I made a forum account. Great job on the base and the re-polished version, though I have yet to try out the submod. I do have a question though, how difficult would it be for me to add in a 'Roman' culture troop tree, accessible after completing the Hadrians Wall quest and having a personal kingdom. I have modding experience for a variety of other games (primarily Paradox Interactive, where modding is basically writing code), but haven't delved into Mount and Blade modding yet.

I understand if this isn't on the docket for future releases, and wanted to try my hand. To that note, are there any Roman culture companions? So far the one most sympathetic to the rebirth of Rome seems to be the visigoth.

hey guys, I am reading this thread atm, due to work issues will be abroad for some time, will come back fully with updates and other planned things around late January Early february, so sorry if I havent been as active. But RL is always like that  :sad:

Happy New Year to everybody!

Cheers!

Why does 90% of troops have 6 Athletics? and ofc some troops got left out like the Mercenary "Archer" that has 2 (lower then farmer 3) Scheotand Jute and Scheotand Eangle have 0 wtf?...
Also there's other inconsistencies like Irish "Ceither" having 7 Ironflesh and evolving into 5 after. He should have 4...
Funny how 75% of WB mods fail at the simple thing of balancing the skills tree of troops...
Also for the player and companions to get 18 Dexterity so you can have 6 Athletics like all the tier1 troops takes a lot of levels and it's a huge disadvantage.

And tourneys are a complete joke... I won my 1st tourney at lvl3 by complete luck and got to lvl 25 did about 100 tourneys and only won 2 more. Everything is 1 hit and 75% of the time you get the ****ty Spear that only NPCs know how to use lol and cuz of the idiocy with the lvl6 Athletics skill you get zerged fast.

Oh and has anyone done the training villagers quest for villages? Even now at lvl 25 I still loose vs 3 villagers they hit insanely fast with the staffs. They're like shaolin monks they should be the ones training you...

And the invisible walls on the battle maps are always fun...

Horses should get a little buff, the charge is a joke and they mostly die in 1-2 hits. I'm lucky to have tourney reward horse which is probably the best armored one so it can take 3 hits...

I'm no dev but I think I can comment on a few of your complaints from playing.

Athletics - lots of low level troops have high athletics to better simulate how well they preform without armor, adding a bigger difference between late game heavy armored troops and early light or unarmored ones. Farmers, without training, obviously move slower than levies.

Ironflesh - I haven't looked at the stats you're talking about, but perhaps the ironflesh is balanced to keep health equal or close to equal, while other stats are increased, strength does give 1 hp per level if I remember correctly

tournies - Yes, they're substantially harder than vanilla, but I wouldn't say they're totally random like you suggest. The only time I felt screwed was when I was stuck with a bow and a dagger while the other guy had a two handed sword. Also, to better use the spear drop your shield onto your back, it'll allow you to do overhead strikes with it, very effective if you manage to catch someone with the blade. This requires getting some distance, so a well timed kick with a quick attack afterwords does the trick.

training villagers - IDK how tough you are, quarterstaves are hard and they hurt, you don't block that thing you are going to get knocked out when it hits you in the head. Are they a little too strong? maybe, but they also fall in one hit each. Well timed blocking makes short work of them, though there's no real reason to do quests for villages with how many ways there are to improve opinion.
------------------
Comments I will make for mod improvement:

I wish there was more to do for village and town enhancement. I understand that these are primarily money sinks and this mod is more historical than most, but I find the opportunities to improve holdings severely lacking

ai patrols are also grossly underpowered compared to bandit groups. I've hired the biggest one I could, to have it chased down and killed by the first frankish raider group it came across.

lastly, and this is probably engine limitation, its difficult to tell who is what religion on the fly. I didn't see anything like this, but maybe an entry in the notes about what factions follow what religion. Related to this, its often difficult to determine the culture of your companions. This doesn't matter TOO much, but can be beneficial for roleplay purposes

Rarilmar said:
Funny how 75% of WB mods fail at the simple thing of balancing the skills tree of troops...

Well yeah, it's one of the most monotonous, painstaking, fiddly bits of modding WB. In the brytenwalda troops file there's 1836 troop entries, with 50 odd fields/checkboxes, all of which has been reworked by the Bryt team multiple times, then TML, then Brujoloco. Inconsistencies are to be expected :smile:. The best chance for them to be addressed is if you note them here in a clear, concise and calm manner.

If you want to remove spears from tournies then follow the guide I posted here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,314479.msg7459013.html#msg7459013

And the invisible walls on the battle maps are always fun...

Post a screenshot of the place they appeared manifested, with any nearby scene props included, and note what scene/part of the world map you encountered it in.

Horses should get a little buff, the charge is a joke and they mostly die in 1-2 hits. I'm lucky to have tourney reward horse which is probably the best armored one so it can take 3 hits...

I believe nerfed horses are part of the Brytenwalda team's design philosophy, to avoid the dominance of heavy cavalry.

Conservatron, adding a new troop tree wouldn't be hard, not sure about the other stuff. Look in The Forge section of the forum, plenty of tutorials there, start here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html and here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html. If you run into trouble and can't find a tutorial about it then ask in the Q&A thread.

On centre enhancements, we'd need a competent coder to do something like that. If you happen to run across a tutorial on easy-peasy enhancement expansion then post a link here, I'll take a look at it, but it's unlikely to pan out. 

Frank and Dena parties are a force of nature, like earthquakes or locust swarms. Mourn your dead, rebuild and carry on as best you can :sad: ....In other words, we'd have to make patrols mega tough to cope with them.  I take it patrols manage fine with regular bandits?

For the religion thing, I'm pretty certain Mierce is the only pagan faction. You'l lose relation with them if you take anti-pagan actions.  I don't think you lose relation with all the Christian factions if you hurt Christians. Bernaccia is one you do lose it with, maybe others, if I'm remembering correctly.  Best thing to do would be start a new game, stomp a pagan party, see who loses relations, then same with Christians.

For the companions origins, look in your Extras folder in the Repolished module folder, find a picture called 'XYP Companions', should help you out a bit.

thx for the tourney tip kraggrim! did it, now if only I can get away from my enemies and find a welcoming town to try it  :lol:

As for the troops tree it's as easy as opening the troop tree in game and you'll just see a few minor inconsistencies. I opened the classic Brytenwalda an it's same so it's not a repolished bug. As I noted half the archers have unbalanced stats not only relating to Athletics. I'll make a few screenshot and edit them together later so they can be seen easy.

Untitled.jpg
Here's an Archer analysis  :cool: . I also added the 'Farmer' and the 'Townsmen' which turn into 'Archer' and loose Athletics for no reason but to make you're army slow :lol:
But there is no reason for those 2 troops to have 0 Athletics!

Also another ****ty unit is the 'Spy' which moves insanely fast and is mounted only on world map but in army they have no horse and only 2 Athletics... again dragging the army!

Nice presentation! I see what you mean about those archer units athletics, that does need fixed. They really need that athletics for when they're doing the run away while shooting tactic (frustrating but effective) and trying to dodge harassing cavalry. I'm wondering if the Saethydds should actually have a slightly lower athletics. Running around with a massive longbow would be awkward in ways not represented by the small increase in weight encumbrance.

On the spies, they probably aren't trained/intended for cavalry combat so it's better they don't have horses in their inventory to use in battle. They should have the 'mounted' box ticked though, so as to not slow your party down when travelling on the map.

Back
Top Bottom