Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Conservatron said:
I'm no dev but I think I can comment on a few of your complaints from playing.

Athletics - lots of low level troops have high athletics to better simulate how well they preform without armor, adding a bigger difference between late game heavy armored troops and early light or unarmored ones. Farmers, without training, obviously move slower than levies.

Ironflesh - I haven't looked at the stats you're talking about, but perhaps the ironflesh is balanced to keep health equal or close to equal, while other stats are increased, strength does give 1 hp per level if I remember correctly

tournies - Yes, they're substantially harder than vanilla, but I wouldn't say they're totally random like you suggest. The only time I felt screwed was when I was stuck with a bow and a dagger while the other guy had a two handed sword. Also, to better use the spear drop your shield onto your back, it'll allow you to do overhead strikes with it, very effective if you manage to catch someone with the blade. This requires getting some distance, so a well timed kick with a quick attack afterwords does the trick.

training villagers - IDK how tough you are, quarterstaves are hard and they hurt, you don't block that thing you are going to get knocked out when it hits you in the head. Are they a little too strong? maybe, but they also fall in one hit each. Well timed blocking makes short work of them, though there's no real reason to do quests for villages with how many ways there are to improve opinion.
------------------
Comments I will make for mod improvement:

I wish there was more to do for village and town enhancement. I understand that these are primarily money sinks and this mod is more historical than most, but I find the opportunities to improve holdings severely lacking

ai patrols are also grossly underpowered compared to bandit groups. I've hired the biggest one I could, to have it chased down and killed by the first frankish raider group it came across.

lastly, and this is probably engine limitation, its difficult to tell who is what religion on the fly. I didn't see anything like this, but maybe an entry in the notes about what factions follow what religion. Related to this, its often difficult to determine the culture of your companions. This doesn't matter TOO much, but can be beneficial for roleplay purposes

Your comments are spot on, and some of the troop disparities you explain are well within the frame of the Original Mod´s creator visions. Which from a blank slate look might look out of proportion if you just see them "in paper", though some troops can indeed still use some love though.

Regarding the companion culture, it can be easily seen (for most of them) in the added goodies folder, that has a rough table of likes/dislikes and demeanor of them. You checked that folder? it comes within the game already with a map and companion matrices  :grin:

kraggrim said:
Nice presentation! I see what you mean about those archer units athletics, that does need fixed. They really need that athletics for when they're doing the run away while shooting tactic (frustrating but effective) and trying to dodge harassing cavalry. I'm wondering if the Saethydds should actually have a slightly lower athletics. Running around with a massive longbow would be awkward in ways not represented by the small increase in weight encumbrance.

On the spies, they probably aren't trained/intended for cavalry combat so it's better they don't have horses in their inventory to use in battle. They should have the 'mounted' box ticked though, so as to not slow your party down when travelling on the map.

Using Rarilmar´s nice table, I think it should be np trying to create a coherent Athletic skill up on tiers. Considering most archer tiers are low, a flat 3 and then a flat 6 on second upgrade should be more than enough to cover all the bases and not create an OCD drive to fine tune them all.

I will post this on the To DO list with a high priority as it will be easy to manage for next update.

Aaaand I think I´m up to date enough to see next patch might be the official add in of Kraggrim´s as usual excellent work as I was (and still am) away due to work overseas!  :mrgreen:

heheh Kraggrim :smile: you have won a BOX OF GOLDEN COOKIESfor your superb work!

2wDmVC9.jpg

Will try to organize my time to try to add your submod to mine next week when I finally have a working computer and can actually download my own mod again to be able to work on it!

Now, sadly I have to disappear into the night ONCE AGAIN, as working on a Saturday is awful and stole what precious time I have left checking the thread.

Expect an update in a week or two, mostly with Kraggrim´s superb work!

8fukV.gif
Nom nom nom.

Count of Flanders just released some old GoT stuff as OSP, this armour might make a nice addition to repolished:
nBX5N.jpg

There's a couple others in his GoT pack that might work too.

Ok, so as I reported above, how I couldn't access Arderydd, I reinstalled Repolished, as well as Kaggrims changes, and started a new character. As soon as I started I proceeded to Arderydd to see if I could get in, and as Brujoloco, reported he did fix it and I could enter the village. Fast forward, 12 days later same character, only character I have, I get a quest to go kill so and so at Arderydd. I proceed to Arderydd and yup, the village decides that it doen't want to be accessible, WTF!!! So I scrapped a 150 day character for nothin. Anyone know why this could happen. I mean, I'm no noob when it comes to installing mods and I even tested on day one to make sure I could enter into Arderydd, I wouldn't have continued my character if I couldn't. I even compared all the files in my install with all the files in the Bryt-5951-1-05.rar with winmerge and there is no difference. I think maybe you should take another look at Arderydd and maybe move it completely off the mountain and on flat land, it might eliminate any chance of it happening. Is there no one that can confirm that it is only me with this problem, anyone with an advance character check Arderydd, or start a new character and test at beginning and then after a week or two? I don't mean to sound like a whiner, I love this mod and the work you guys, Brujoculo and Kaggrim have done to make my favorite mod even better.

I just tested in my submodand you're right, there are problems with Arderydd. It not to do with the length of time, villages can't be moved after starting a game even if you try. It's just that sometimes your character gets stuck trying to get there and sometimes not. Keep trying from different angles and you should be fine, no need to scrap the character.  Hopefully will get this sorted for next version of repolished.

The constable can train garrisoned troops all the way up to Tier 5 so in that sense it's easier. Training troops in your party is pretty much the same though, I think. As far as your party goes, your character still needs to be higher leveled than the unit type you want to train.

How come when I build a Christian church in London (Christian) after like 100 days the population suspects the Christian faith as a veil and embraces Pagans? Is it because of immigration or something (the city is the most prosperous in the game, just a wild guess since it says people flock to the city) or is it a bug? Also I think it would be cool to be able to name the titles of your lords like in Diplomacy, because I'm making a Roman themed kingdom and want my lords to be called "Tribunes" :grin: Custom troops would also be sweet!

Hi guys, looking for a tips/questions/advice forum for Brytenwalda RP but this is only place that seems to make any sense that i've found so apologies if there's somewhere else I'm supposed to be asking in-game questions.

Anyway, I've got my first caravan, and having sent it off on a trade mission it has now returned. Before I sent it off anywhere it was fine, just a bunch of guys following me that I could if I needed to use as extra storage. Since it's returned though it's become really annoying. I can no longer raid a village without constantly being interrupted (and losing massive rep because of it if i try to continue pillaging) - and stealing cattle etc it's the same. In fact everything I want to do that requires time, I get interrupted by the caravan constantly asking me if I want them to rejoin the party. Even just moving around the map this is happening whenever the caravan is close by.

Is there any way to stop them doing this other than 'disband' the caravan. I don't like the idea of losing 68 troops and a companion just to have them stop nagging me.

Secondly, since I started having this problem I've fought some lovely battles and now actually have room in my army to re-absorb the caravan, but can't seem to. If I do tell my companion to rejoin, he says he will but then doesn't, and none of the troops in the caravan leave. It's just following me around interruptng my game as before.

So: a) how do I get it to stop nagging me & b) how do i get my troops back?

p.s. loving the mod - despite the archery nerf! my kid is loving watching it too, he thinks the battles look awesome now so a massive thanks

Hi guys! First of all much love to you all.

I am writing here to let you all know due to RL I am going away for a while from the project. I am not leaving it behind, just need to sort out some private issues (job, family, new country and all the hassle it entails plus paperwork) so no new update will be forthcoming for a couple months perhaps, as I am really focusing all my attention on these issues.

I have been checking Kraggrim´s marvelous work and I feel his fixes follow in great part what I envision for Repolished :smile:

I will be back, but right now I am honestly SWAMPED in RL haha, so it would be a big lie from my part telling you I am up to date to everything related to my mod.

But fear not, I will return to this mod, just not now.

Consider I am on extended "holidays" from the mod.

Again much love and thanks to all that have enjoyed this Submod for Brytenwalda

Cheers!

o/

PD: Keep posting here, when I return I will check everything from this thread  :grin:

Brujoloco said:
I have been checking Kraggrim´s marvelous work and I feel his fixes follow in great part what I envision for Repolished :smile:

Aw, thanks man :smile:.

Good luck with the RL stuff!

I have the version 1.2 installed, and meseem a very good work.

I like much this Repolished version, and I have seen also some woman dress in the market:smile: fine!

But....Please, Give Me Back The Howling Wolf!

An ask:for play with this 1,5 I must restart my game or I can see if the game find the new version and auto-install?

In what mod version did you have a howling wolf?
How did you obtain it?
What did it do in your inventory?
Was it a member of your party?

Try to load a savegame and tell us what the error message is.
Post your RGL log that you'll find the main warband folder.

@gdwitt:
in the original Brytenwalda, at the start of the night there's a wolf that howl.

was a nice thing for me, also if for someone was a noise.

yeah, I found it extremely annoying. I think the file you want is wolf_short.mp3 file in the Sounds folder, the only way I think you could get it back would be to get it from Brytenwalda 1.41 and just overwrite the Repolished one.

a new:

in RB my character is an Angle named Alfr the Shrewd.
Now I restarted playing also 1257AD, and I choose to start as an Englishman, coming from the gentry class (he own a village but isn't a lord), descendant of the VI century Angle warrior.
Name? Ambrose Shrewdden, of course :smile: in the centuries the nick "Shrewd" is slightly changed in a real surname"Shrewdden":i choose to be born from a warrior, then shopkeeper, then named squire, a logical evolution for an once a time noble family that declined and lose his ancient nobility, but remained somewhat powerful (gentry).

Now Ambrose Shrewdden is the owner of Limerick,more or less near Connaught borders...and fight for his king, Edward Longshanks.

Nice, mmmh?

this is not important, IMHO: my dream is to see churches opened and a system to gain a blessing (temporary bonus).It seem not much difficult,I hope...when I was playing Akellas pirate games I was going in every church to gain my own bless/temp.bonus....

simply open the church,put an NPC priest/monk and a lil script that offer a temporary command bonus in exchange of a certain sum....its so difficult?

Back
Top Bottom