Border Incident - TDM map progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Infini

Recruit
I am working on a Scn.. Multiplayer_ scene 1 and with a custom dimension setting named Border Incident. The Basis of the map is as the title says, a border incident between two neighboring villages. The story line that I am toying with is one that follows that ideology similar to how lords can attack and not care for each other, so can the villages they are responsible for. I've created a sanctuary on the highest level of the scn. which is a slowed pace from the busied middle section of the map. the base level of this actual 4 tiered map is for mad dash/ ambush style infantry attacks for each opposing faction. This scn. boast alley ways for intimate melee. The story line is as of now a border incident. Both villages (separated by a river) are ran by peasants who farm and an extended amount of time suffering from unprovoked attacks have leave to an all out brawl. Below I have a link to photos of this project.

http://imgur.com/a/knkIV

Thanks for the feedback. This is one reason why I made this post. Is placing the spawn points facing each other but more spread out a better way of going, and/or is placing them in any direction through out the whole map a better idea? I ask this because I've placed spawns more spread out on a map before and was told some felt to spaced out therefore I have taken drastic measures to ensure group oriented game play is guaranteed through the action of aligning all spawn points adjacent to each other while being spaced fairly close together. Any feed back is appreciated.

Thank you for your time, Infini

Infini said:
Thanks for the feedback. This is one reason why I made this post. Is placing the spawn points facing each other but more spread out a better way of going, and/or is placing them in any direction through out the whole map a better idea? I ask this because I've placed spawns more spread out on a map before and was told some felt to spaced out therefore I have taken drastic measures to ensure group oriented game play is guaranteed through the action of aligning all spawn points adjacent to each other while being spaced fairly close together. Any feed back is appreciated.

Thank you for your time, Infini

Deatchmatch and team deathmatch spawn points need to be  placed  closer becouse players join such modes for fast paced combat experience. Your idea won't work in this case. Time needed to reach fight zone will frustrate them. Scene also appears way too big for such game modes.

I've modified this map by condensing the theme and developing a more (though catered toward infantry) playable area that boast an evenness for all classes. I've posted it to see how it plays with people. Thanks

Link to New Images - https://imgur.com/a/CKF2E
Link to Sco File - http://www.leagueofrevolution.com/showthread.php?tid=8069

Without delving deep into the gameplay flow of your scene(Since it's somewhat hard without playing it), I can only comment on improving the visual side, especially on those hills. You should try shaping the hills in a more natural manner, as well as texturing them properly(a blend of rock textures where necessary, turf, earth) to create a more natural look.

?️NS Marko said:
Without delving deep into the gameplay flow of your scene(Since it's somewhat hard without playing it), I can only comment on improving the visual side, especially on those hills. You should try shaping the hills in a more natural manner, as well as texturing them properly(a blend of rock textures where necessary, turf, earth) to create a more natural look.

I made some adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom