(BI) Barbarian Invasion (Version .15) 3 NEW QUESTS Warband (1.34)

Should the Arena quest include:

• A fight with Titus Pullo to win the Rudius?

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • A slave execution

Votes: 71 19.3%
  • Animals

Votes: 78 21.3%
  • Player vs multiple Gladiators?

Votes: 73 19.9%
  • Fight against captured enemies of Rome? (ie: toss some barbs in the area to see how they fair)

Votes: 76 20.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

SPQR said:
Invasion should be working.. I will check to ensure it is... now there are 80 enemy Lords that jump on with a 100 or so soldiers accompanying each..

I am thinking of making the Lords killable as to slowly allow the player to push off the attack.

I will try and add the Roman Commander Helms next release that Stelious made sometime ago.
Yay!Nice info...GOOD LUCK!  :grin:

Dude.. good catch.. somehow the trigger was turned off on the last install.. I will have it up in the next 30 min...

I set the invasion to day two.. please let me know if it works..

when selecting your character.. select all the first choices.. it will give you some extra men and equip in your inventory.. the Gladius of Pompeii.... which will only be available later in the game when the full release is out.

( ok it is fixed and ready for download)

SPQR said:
Dude.. good catch.. somehow the trigger was turned off on the last install.. I will have it up in the next 30 min...

I set the invasion to day two.. please let me know if it works..

when selecting your character.. select all the first choices.. it will give you some extra men and equip in your inventory.. the Gladius of Pompeii.... which will only be available later in the game when the full release is out.

( ok it is fixed and ready for download)

Link? :razz:

Should be the same link.. I just changed the file. :smile:

If the invasion kicks off.. test it out.. let me know if I should make lords killable and I will include in the next veriosn with the Roman Commander Helms and Eagle standards.

Lord Drake said:
Aenima said:
Wait....so is the Warband version now finished?!
No, but a release of the progress so far is out.

Ohh so it's still the vanilla warband map with some of the factions in there. Fair enough.

Got my hopes up for nothing there  :cry:

SPQR said:
Hmmmm.. I will have to tweak the code a bit. Thanks.

Fixed, and now its been about 2 weeks, rome and the invasion'ists just made peace, may that be a bug?, also your mod works just fine with tweakmb i use it a little bit  :roll:

Yea the people here are right they never siege anything they just wait outside the fort until you come out and kill you. My only comment I guess is can roman troops get a buff? Actually I'd prefer if the invasion gogot different units other than the dream team medieval army it currently has. Here's my logic.

When you think Rome you don't think of hordes of heavy cavalry. There were no medieval knights. I tried really realy hard to fight in the old "roman" style of legionaries (please give them pilum) and some archer support. Huge focus on heavy infantry like the real roman army had. I got STOMPED. Instead of the usual Romans being outnumbered and winning I needed a 2 to 1 advantage to even have a chance of winning a battle.

The invaders' heavy cavalry is basically invincible if you have a classic foot soldier based roman army. The only way you can beat them is if you go pure cavalry as Rome. I did it and it "worked" but I didn't feel like Rome I felt like medieval knights dressed up in Roman armor. Against the other factions, gauls, britons, etc. Roman infantry works (they do need their javelins though), but against the invaders they don't stand a chance in @#$%!. I love the concept of the mighty legions of Rome fighting outnumbered against the barbarian horde.

However, the only reason the Romans pulled it off historically was because the Roman troops were BETTER. Against the invaders we have basically top tier units from 1300 AD vs Roman legions without their pilum from 300-500 AD. There is no way Rome can win using a more "Roman" style of combat. Every battle I played as a historical foot based army is basically lots of maneuvering by the invaders followed by a charge. The charge always plays out the same. Heavy knights shatter the roman line, even though I had it 4 lines deep at one point, then the swarm of heavy infantry armed equally or better than the Romans blasts whatever is left into oblivion  :cry:. I can go mass cavalry I realize that, but if I wanted to just use a horde of mounted spartans I would just play as Swadia in native instead of using this mod.

Sorry if I sounded really harsh it's a great game. I've been playing the hegemony series mods for a long time, but this one has  some pretty harsh balance issues. Good luck working on the mod I'm looking forward to see it when its more balanced though :grin:

All good points thanks. :smile:

Yea.. I jsut wanted to test the invasion script... i did not intend to have the invasion force look like a bunch of M&B Native bots. :smile: 

I will most likely make them a bit more barbaric with a variety of weapons and looks.

I think I will add some more of the equipment and try and attend to the siege problem with the Invasion force..

Did anyone notice if the invasion force pursued the player or just Rome?

SPQR said:
All good points thanks. :smile:

Yea.. I jsut wanted to test the invasion script... i did not intend to have the invasion force look like a bunch of M&B Native bots. :smile: 

I will most likely make them a bit more barbaric with a variety of weapons and looks.

I think I will add some more of the equipment and try and attend to the siege problem with the Invasion force..

Did anyone notice if the invasion force pursued the player or just Rome?
not for me

The invaders in my game did 3 things:

First they will loot villages

Second they follow any enemy (Rome or player) that comes into sight. If you go into a castle they will sit outside and wait for you until you leave then kill you since they move super fast.

3rd They also "accompany" their leader so while some groups splinter off the majority (3-4 thousand) stay in a doom stack.

illapa said:
The invaders in my game did 3 things:

First they will loot villages

Second they follow any enemy (Rome or player) that comes into sight. If you go into a castle they will sit outside and wait for you until you leave then kill you since they move super fast.

3rd They also "accompany" their leader so while some groups splinter off the majority (3-4 thousand) stay in a doom stack.
same for me i retreated with all the lords to rome and they waited for rome

Back
Top Bottom