Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I still think the economy is out of balance. Late early to mid game I find that I am constantly under financial pressure. With maxed out shops and my whole army in my castle, I am losing about 1000 per day. I do have my garrison maxed out but I feel like you have to have quite a few troops in garrison or you invite a siege. It also makes sense to have some in garrison to give to companions when you create a party for them.

This 1.7.0 was worth jumping in to test since around 1.5.4 for me, particularly the OoB feature and the battlescenes; definitely a step in the right direction, obviously some quality of life adjustments but that's a given.
Noticed the game is more balanced (a little too much I think) vs the crazy snowballing earlier. I kind of prefer a bit more imbalance to add some 'randomness' to each new play as right now. If you're joining a faction, you end up always getting the same castle/town all the time at the borders (ie. as Khuzait - Amprela or that castle right across Makeb river); since there's no other way to really get a town/castle easily in the beginning when you take the next step/clan tier where you need to start chasing the income offset to the party costs.
There's no 'losing' (at least from what I see from the first couple years in game) so it's always typically the same town/castle changing hands unless the player interacts (which I can understand why for stability and 'status quo' and all) but it starts to feel very scripted after a while. Diplomacy features aren't really in-game so it's probably because of that why it is calculated/scripted to try and maintain the status quo (if left alone in simulations) since the only impacting factor is the player.

I still think the economy is out of balance. Late early to mid game I find that I am constantly under financial pressure. With maxed out shops and my whole army in my castle, I am losing about 1000 per day. I do have my garrison maxed out but I feel like you have to have quite a few troops in garrison or you invite a siege. It also makes sense to have some in garrison to give to companions when you create a party for them.
what i find is you need to balance your troops

when there is war there is no problem with money , but in peace you need to let some troops go

what i find is you need to balance your troops

when there is war there is no problem with money , but in peace you need to let some troops go

I get that, especially in terms of realism, but from a gaming standpoint it is very tedious. Maybe if there were some way to recall the same troops to report back for duty in times of war.

I get that, especially in terms of realism, but from a gaming standpoint it is very tedious. Maybe if there were some way to recall the same troops to report back for duty in times of war.
not a bad idea maybe they settle in an village and you can ask them to join and some do some like to stay

Has the translation localization added in patch 1.7.0 stopped working after the last patch? Checked the game files did not help, the game is without mods.

Am I the only one with a hotfix weighing 9,02 GB? I've already downloaded 1.7 beta and haven't switched away from it.
Same here, and still waiting for the update info.

Has the translation localization added in patch 1.7.0 stopped working after the last patch? Checked the game files did not help, the game is without mods.

It's true, it stopped working for me too. Not a single one of the translations seem to be different to english.
Taleworlds, PLS.

Last edited:
The problem is that would incentive the player even further to keep doom stacks of top tier troops at the ready at all times, maybe disbanding troops inside a fief could give you relationship boosts randomly with some of the notables? this way you could simulate settling your troops there and from the good relations you would get better and more numerous troops later to if you needed to go on a recruiting spree (using this vanilla feature to simulate calling some of those veterans back into service)

Honestly i never have a problem with garrisons, i never keep more than 100 troops in castles and 150 in towns unless they are close to the border and i really really don't want to lose them, and i'll keep around protecting them from enemy armies in wartime anyway.

Lo mismo aquí, y todavía esperando la información de actualización.

Es cierto, también dejó de funcionar para mí. Ninguna de las traducciones parece ser diferente al inglés.
Taleworlds, PLS.
hola mike soy de caballeros de calrradia se recupero el idioma español por que lo selecciono y no cambia se queda en ingles

Once again we get nearly no reward for donating grain to villages. Why? And when you dismount, your horse lose hp.

Am I the only one with a hotfix weighing 9,02 GB? I've already downloaded 1.7 beta and haven't switched away from it.
Yeah, me too.
It may include more battle terrians.
Same here, and still waiting for the update info.
See here

We use a texture streaming technology/system that allows for better performance within the game. This packages resources in a specific way which causes even minor adjustments to lead to changes to larger packages. This package in its entirety is then redownloaded by Steam. That's why a patch can end up being larger despite having minor art-related changes.

Back
Top Bottom