Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Indeed, we fixed the first one internally already. Relaying the second one.

We have no plans for expanding the banner editor at the moment.

We're aware of the localization issues that occurred due to the hotfix yesterday. Looking into it.

I was running into the same issue in my past playthroughs but now on 170 (not saying something changed with 170 in this regard) I have a castle and a town, both holding about 100 max tier troops as well as 150 troops in my own party and get around +1000 income per day. Keep in mind that I have 5 workshops to support that additionally though. So it might just be a matter of "playing it smart".
Any chance for another hotfix today? Haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like the hotfix has broken the game :/

I was running into the same issue in my past playthroughs but now on 170 (not saying something changed with 170 in this regard) I have a castle and a town, both holding about 100 max tier troops as well as 150 troops in my own party and get around +1000 income per day. Keep in mind that I have 5 workshops to support that additionally though. So it might just be a matter of "playing it smart".
Should the player be forced to buy workshops to get a reasonable income from fiefs that allows them to pay off their garrison and make a profit though? I'm sure TW doesn't want to make money too irrelevant as a mechanic, but you'd be hard-pressed to find people who like the state of finance right now

Fiefs in themselves should be moneymakers, workshops should be bonus income

We've just pushed out a fix for the languages. Make sure to download the new update.

Should the player be forced to buy workshops to get a reasonable income from fiefs that allows them to pay off their garrison and make a profit though? I'm sure TW doesn't want to make money too irrelevant as a mechanic, but you'd be hard-pressed to find people who like the state of finance right now

I mean, workshops are part of the economy, no? Just my personal opinion anyway. I think it's a topic worth debating, as mentioned before I also ran into the same issue where I couldn't cover the daily expenses of the garrison with the fief alone.

Should the player be forced to buy workshops to get a reasonable income from fiefs that allows them to pay off their garrison and make a profit though?
I mean, workshops are part of the economy, no?
Well, yes the player should buy works shops, however unless you take over or join the khuzait lands, the workshops are not profitable enough. There's not other faction of area besides Khuzaits/wool weavers that has a full set of well paying shops available. Most shops are just very miserly and won't be impactful enough. Although I find passive income very doable I question whether the AI is being punished or rather held to same expectations as the player, as it is a bit of management to finance multiple can parties and the AI just doesn't seem capable of doing it. Their garrisons and wages and performance just look off to me, although I admit I don't look at the code or use any cheat to snoop on what they're doing. But for instance, the AI lords do not fight so many battles as the player and when they do they have more losses, so it's just seems like it should be much harder for them to pay for their forces with such lower performance in war. But as it is, even a weak faction like wester empire will field endless armies, I fought about 10 consecutive armies while training engineering (just doing a siege over and over), it's very silly. It's just like conga line of money bags coming to me endlessly, but they should have a problem much sooner IMO and have to stop and raise money some other way to build more parties, they just have too many units, it makes no sense.

If your governor has the perk "Prize of Loyalty" your towns becomes money makers.
In my game; My town Lageta has over 8k prosperity and the governor has a steward skill over 300 and the "prize of loyalty" perk and the town alone makes 6k denars per day.

And the garrisons of max tier and 600 troops cost me only around 5k denars per day, because of empire culture bonus.

Last edited:
Indeed, we fixed the first one internally already. Relaying the second one.

We have no plans for expanding the banner editor at the moment.

We're aware of the localization issues that occurred due to the hotfix yesterday. Looking into it.

What about the crashes when joining a battle introduced by the hotfix?

If your governor has the perk "Prize of Loyalty" your towns becomes money makers.
In my game; My town Lageta has over 8k prosperity and the governor has a steward skill over 300 and the "prize of loyalty" perk and the town alone makes 6k denars per day.

And the garrisons of max tier and 600 troops cost me only around 5k denars per day, because of empire culture bonus.
Bet getting a governor with a steward skill of 275 is not really helpful for most of the game. More of a bonus in the end. fiefs should provide a descent income, expecially compared to the income you generate with loot.

My game is crashing after the new hotfix, basically can't join a battle. I think I saw other people on this thread with the same issue.

uploaded the "dump" thing maybe it can help you: 2021-12-17_10.10.03_376ad861fd6aca07d060a44df5136d46

I hope they'll fix it today. Will be a shame if we have to wait the whole weekend for the hotfix, being unable to play.

Are you speaking about that strange "shaking" movement group of bots are doing during siege?
I really hope they get rid of it because sometimes it makes me feel dizzy...
That' s right, in sieges and other kind of battles as well with high agent density.

This problem has been around and Unresolved since the very early stages of the closed alpha/beta period. Subsequently after the release two threads were merged into one commenting about this issue achieving a couple of official messages like " forwarded to the devs" and "we are aware of it". After practically more than a year of no follow-up, I opened this thread in the bugs section and reported it to the support guys; so far the thread is still tagged as In Progress.??

I hope they'll fix it today. Will be a shame if we have to wait the whole weekend for the hotfix, being unable to play.
I was lucky enough to make a save less than 5 in-game days before going in battle, so i just avoided the battle and I can play fine now :smile:

We've just pushed out a fix for the languages. Make sure to download the new update.

I mean, workshops are part of the economy, no? Just my personal opinion anyway. I think it's a topic worth debating, as mentioned before I also ran into the same issue where I couldn't cover the daily expenses of the garrison with the fief alone.
Must be an even bigger problem for AI clans since they can't own workshops

That' s right, in sieges and other kind of battles as well with high agent density.

This problem has been around and Unresolved since the very early stages of the closed alpha/beta period. Subsequently after the release two threads were merged into one commenting about this issue achieving a couple of official messages like " forwarded to the devs" and "we are aware of it". After practically more than a year of no follow-up, I opened this thread in the bugs section and reported it to the support guys; so far the thread is still tagged as In Progress.??
Good to know you opened a ticket.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to calm down those spasmastics bots though.
Is it linked with the AI path, or is it due to the fact that every time a bot is pushed aside he tries to replace itself, really no clue.
Now that the "major AI siege bug" is partially resolved, we can hope for the best :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom