Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

This would be a good one. I tried creating a small patrolling party with my son leading it, but he was constantly called to some AI army.
I´m still beeing a merc clan and noticed that Lagerta rebelled and had only like 100 garrison and 150 milita. So I left the kingdom as a merc and tried to conquer Lagerta. I have 150 troops in my main party and 90 troops in my companion party. I tried to besiege it to create my own kingdom but had a lot of losses. And it doesn´t make sense for me that I can´t get my companion party to join my siege. While I´m sieging they just wander around the map doing nothing. Lazy companion...

And yea, as soon as I become a merc again my companion party will always be in an army.

Maybe you aren't allowed as a mercenary to lead nobles around? On the other hand I would like it if you could at least create an army out of your own clan's parties.

That would totally throw any challange that remains out the window. Just immagine how easy it would be. You would, without doubt be the strongest unit wich isnt a kingdom in the game within 1 hour of game time if you would go for that.

Yes. they should change the requirement for joining armies from 40% of party size to party leader must have lower tactics skill has the army commander.
I disagree, I think keeping this 40% requirement in game makes sense, because it gives party time to recover and gather some troops before joining to the army.

Because my clan members gets only defeated when they join someone's army, because the tactic skill of the army members will be ignored for simulated battles and only use the tactic skill of the army commander.
I don't think it's about Tactics skill level really. In battles between two armies it happens quite often that one army is much stronger than the other one and it leads to allied armies losing a battle from time to time. It is hard for an army to flee from the stronger enemy if it is chased not only by the other army but also some small parties.

As it stands now (pre-1.7.0 as I have not tried Companion parties yet), they just wander around seemingly aimlessly and not sure how useful they are. What's missing are more specific tasks, such as for instance: security duties (going after looters/brigands), commerce raiding (attacking enemy Caravans when at war), war patrols (attacking enemy parties)...etc. Maybe this is already happening, but I have not seen it much or think it being useful at this time.
Well, it is hard to tell what they are doing because they are almost always in those damn armies, and when they are not, it is becase their party size is below 40% and they are just recruiting troops to be able to join the next army. :grin:

I guess I digressed from 1.7.0 feedback to suggestions/wishes. I will post this in the appropriate forum also.
Yes, at this point it is a good idea to move this discussion to more appropriate place for that topic.

Do you plan to expand keep battle for player to be on the defending side?
No because you would only get like 20 troops and you would just lose.
You can find our major priorities in the future plan's blog that we shared some time ago. Feasts are not part of it.
Uh oh role players and immersions enjoyers on soo soo watch, it's okay I don't think it's a priority either, I'll probably always be too busy to attend a feast.

That would totally throw any challange that remains out the window. Just immagine how easy it would be. You would, without doubt be the strongest unit wich isnt a kingdom in the game within 1 hour of game time if you would go for that.
You're right, I didn't think about that.

Limit it to one party and it shouldn´t be a big deal or?

It took me some hours to get a companion party and my main party going, my companion party also isn´t that strong. (But I don´t abuse smithing or anything else, just playing normal to get some denars).

Limit it to one party and it shouldn´t be a big deal or?

It took me some hours to get a companion party and my main party going, my companion party also isn´t that strong. (But I don´t abuse smithing or anything else, just playing normal to get some denars).

Yeah sure, you could probably make it with some rules. Early game is usually very tough with economy so it might balance itself out anyway. But at the same time this surely is made by design from TW. It can have somehting to do with endgame rewards and contrasts between being a wandering champion to becoming a lord or a king. I mean you want the game to change at that stage and being able to finally muster armies is one of those changes that's kind of needed.

Uh oh role players and immersions enjoyers on soo soo watch, it's okay I don't think it's a priority either, I'll probably always be too busy to attend a feast.

It's not "essential" but I do wish TW cared more about immersion gameplay factors. Lack of feasts, bandits parties arbitrarily getting bigger depending on player clank rank (immersion breaking, awful for caravans), lack of depth to relationships/politics, lack of reasons to explore the very nice scenes, general lack of things to be doing outside of war war and sometimes WAR.

Like I said its not essential, but its disappointing that TW don't seem to care much about these elements that are the heart & soul of creating an immersive world that the player can get lost in. Hopefully the mod community can flesh out most of these aspects in time.

Yeah sure, you could probably make it with some rules. Early game is usually very tough with economy so it might balance itself out anyway. But at the same time this surely is made by design from TW. It can have somehting to do with endgame rewards and contrasts between being a wandering champion to becoming a lord or a king. I mean you want the game to change at that stage and being able to finally muster armies is one of those changes that's kind of needed.
Problem is, is that none of this is in any way "organic". It is an arbitrary limitation that has no basis in other gameplay elements. If I can recruit enough troops, find leaders, and afford all of it money-wise, there is no reason for me not to be able to form an army other than TW basically saying "you can't". If there was some actual obstacle, like money, food, access to recruits etc that would stop me from forming armies, it would be far more immersive that way.

Problem is, is that none of this is in any way "organic". It is an arbitrary limitation that has no basis in other gameplay elements. If I can recruit enough troops, find leaders, and afford all of it money-wise, there is no reason for me not to be able to form an army other than TW basically saying "you can't". If there was some actual obstacle, like money, food, access to recruits etc that would stop me from forming armies, it would be far more immersive that way.

I do agree that would be the best option, 100%. But for that to work they would have to rework the whole mechanic around attaining and maintaining armies. With rework I mean make it harder and realistic. As it is now I think that this arbitary rule is the best way to go or else you would reach endgame stage way to fast and not really exploring anything new.

This is one of those conversation that can go on forever with examples of how you could restrict this in a realistic and immersive way. I mean the fact that you can just run out and start recruting people the second you spawn, from anywhere, is crazy if you think about it.

Yes, it feels wrong that I can besiege a rebel town but my other party is just like "nah, that´s not my business, I keep wandering around the world doing nothing at all" :grin:

I don´t think it would hurt the gameplay if we´re allowed to have at least 1 party at any time.

Last edited:
It's not "essential" but I do wish TW cared more about immersion gameplay factors. Lack of feasts, bandits parties arbitrarily getting bigger depending on player clank rank (immersion breaking, awful for caravans), lack of depth to relationships/politics, lack of reasons to explore the very nice scenes, general lack of things to be doing outside of war war and sometimes WAR.

Like I said its not essential, but its disappointing that TW don't seem to care much about these elements that are the heart & soul of creating an immersive world that the player can get lost in. Hopefully the mod community can flesh out most of these aspects in time.
True, when we say about feasts, we care about immersion which BL lack much now. We hope that TW do more to improve immersion in the future, such as feasts and another things.

True, when we say about feasts, we care about immersion which BL lack much now. We hope that TW do more to improve immersion in the future, such as feasts and another things.
Let talk more about immersion. Now what BL has, such as random npcs, lords without personality system, no feasts, large but lifeless cities and villages, makes BL functionalization machine but not immersion game. I hope TW give more love for immersion before this game is finally release.
Actually, I see hope after 1.7.0 is out that TW start trying to improve this problem, and I hope they keep working on this direction. And one day, if they give back feasts, it will be a milestone meaning TW rediscover what really makes this game greate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom