Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah that sounds about right. Another half-assed effort. Crappy prison break quest and the ability to disable the ****ty main quest. I mean, they added the ability to flip flop banner colors but they still haven't added more colors. Whatever they did broke the banner editing mods. Everything is so C-.

I played 1.2.9 for about an hour using the Bannerlord Overhaul mod. Meh. This game just isn't moving. Other than some decent graphics, almost everything about Bannerlord is uninspired.
The flip flop banner thing is indicative of the lazy content TW's is producing.

A question to those who have tried the prison break feature: can you at least tell the prisoner to stay back and avoid fighting, or do they mindlessly rush into the bunch of the guards and instantly die?

^^^^ No, it's worse than warband content wise.

Last edited:
^^^^ No, it's worse than warband content wise.
So, you can't even control the prisoner's aggression? Great...

I already imagine how feasts are going to be implemented: you come into the city, choose menu "Take part in a feast", see something like "You enjoy the meals and talk with everyone" and that's it. Why even bother making a scene and events for that when you can just make a popup with the text in it.

So, you can't even control the prisoner's aggression? Great...

I already imagine how feasts are going to be implemented: you come into the city, choose menu "Take part in a feast", see something like "You enjoy the meals and talk with everyone" and that's it. Why even bother making a scene and events for that when you can just make a popup with the text in it.
Don't give them ideas!

What's more, there is almost no way to sneak into the city, because the disguise system works.... I'm not sure if it even works, the chance to sneak is always plain 0 for me. In Warband you at least had a chance to get out when you've failed to sneak in, here it is always "You are surrounded and thrown into jail". Noice.

Sure, you can start a prison break in a neutral city, but what's the point? Why would I even care for someone in the dungeon if I'm not a merc or a vassal of the prisoner's Kindgom?

And why have you removed the part when you go with the prisoner through a city, killing guards or avoiding them?

A question to those who have tried the prison break feature: can you at least tell the prisoner to stay back and avoid fighting, or do they mindlessly rush into the bunch of the guards and instantly die?
there is a perk in roguery (at 75 or 100 i think) that increases your success for disguise missions by 50%. I have roguery 125 and got about 80% success chance.

Don't give them ideas!
Oh, don't worry, it'll take about 4-5 months and there's a good chance that feasts will be left overboard at all, like taking control over city alleys.
there is a perk in roguery (at 75 or 100 i think) that increases your success for disguise missions by 50%. I have roguery 125 and got about 80% success chance.
Great, so you need to level up Rougery, which means robbing villages (since it's the only decent way to level it up), everyone will hate you, but you will be able to infiltrate the town with the 80% chance. Woohoo!

Oh, don't worry, it'll take about 4-5 months and there's a good chance that feasts will be left overboard at all, like taking control over city alleys.

Great, so you need to level up Rougery, which means robbing villages (since it's the only decent way to level it up), everyone will hate you, but you will be able to infiltrate the town with the 80% chance. Woohoo!
well, at least i was trying to help. this is probably also not to your liking but there is a new quest that rewards you for raiding villages.

Roguery perks are entirely useless atm sadly, since the only perk that can offer something substantial and tie everything in together is the no defection perk, and it isn't implemented (so that you can create a party of bandits bigger than your troop limit, and also the bigger the party the more chance of bandit surrender to get even more bandits. And the fact that it is governed by the same attribute as Scouting, I imagine you can make a decent character with the extra movement speed to compensate for the big slow bandit party.. in theory it sounds great..).

About roguery exp, I think that the new prison break system does offer more experience than raiding villages, I think so at least. You just need to have money, then go look for lords in castles to break out. I saw that it gave a few skill points in roguery so maybe it's a good way to level it up, try it out maybe..

Internet was down all weekend, I have exciting new.
Sandbox 20yo is weaker then campaign 21yo, you don't get the final life event choice, so you have to choose age 30 if you want the same atribute FP amount, pretty crappy tbh.

In campaign news, brother's pureblood horse is back, it was actually gone for awhile in 1.5.8 beta. Weird thing, I could sworn he had 2 lame trotters when I first checked him, but when I went to give him a new horse he had the pureblood!

Is peace for a lone clan cheap again? I lately have been vassaling up so I didn't notice this in 1.5.7/8, but in my free clan game in 1.5.9 I getting cheap piece with the khuzaits where in the past (like 1.5.5?) they would have wanted like 150K.

I always joke it is that Korte can negotiate peace for the whole faction and was glad it seemed to fixed, but now it cheap again, I thought maybe it was just relations.

However monchump will pay too, they're not even in a war but with me! I haven't tried repeatedly starting wars and asking for peace though, so not sure if maybe the price will sky rocket (as it should) next time I attack them or not. Anyone else have experience with this in recent versions?
At one version it was fixed so they would want a lot more money, hard to say if it's been unfixed, changes or is because of other reasons in game.

Internet was down all weekend, I have exciting new.
Sandbox 20yo is weaker then campaign 21yo, you don't get the final life event choice, so you have to choose age 30 if you want the same atribute FP amount, pretty crappy tbh.
Still the sandbox option is a huge "improvement" of the game, no sister/brother, no huge "story" like talk to 10 guys if you find them. No stupid "we all hate you and you´re ****ed stuff."

I can finally play this game as I want, more or less. :grin:

You also have to think about console players! What will they do if they have no target? No rank up message? They´re lost. At least there are no loot boxes yet. Someone needs to tell them what they should do!

They need stuff like "talk to guy X to continue", and that´s the target crowd, the market is huge! More money to collect. Reviewers, if they release the final version, will also just play this game for like 5-20 hours. That´s why it is important to give them some goals in the early game! Late game? Who cares?

Remember the first time you played Bannerlord, you didn´t notice all the broken stuff. You don´t remember that you have searched for those 10 guys like a hundred times. You didn´t notice that javelins are the best currency the game has to offer. You even wouldn´t have played more than like 1 offensive siege (not even gonna talk about defensive sieges). Or?

We need to be thankful for small stuff like this, I really appreciate the "new" sheep texture or the new Battanian helmets!

Disclaimer:

I don´t think that console players are stupid.

How very optimistic of you. I'd say we wait until 30.04
This will change everything!

Last edited:
Out of all sub par patches outside of 1.5.2(sheep patch so best) this is the most subpar of all but due to formalities I have to say thanks

wanna hear a joke? I was doing a prison break for unknown reasons to myself. as you might or might not know, the whole thing happens in narrow corridors. barely enough space to swing a sword. and the guys who tried to stop me were carrying polearms. the "swing only" type. i was laughing so hard when 3 dudes try to hit me an get stuck on the walls. if the prisoner with his butterknife hadn´t finished them off, I could have watched this forever.

Back
Top Bottom