Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Battania
  • Clan Warrior
    • Throwing Spear perk is changed to Spear perk.
  • Skirmisher
    • Spear perk is changed to Throwing Spear
  • Wildling
    • Larger Shield perk grants Light Oval Shield instead of Heavy Oval Shield.
  • Savage
    • Javelin perk is changed to Light Javelin perk.
  • Oathsworn
    • Heavy Mace perk is changed to Bastard Sword perk.
    • Javelin perk is changed to Heavy Mace perk.
  • Ranger
    • Two-Handed Axe perk is changed to Faster Bow perk.
    • Two-Handed Sword perk is changed to Two-Handed Axe perk.
    • Spear perk is changed to Throwing Axes perk.
    • Troop Count is increased from 14 to 15.
    • Speed is decreased from 75 to 74.
  • Fian
    • Falx perk is changed to Better Fletching perk.
    • Faster Arrows perk is changed to Falx perk.
    • Troop Count is increased from 9 to 11.
    • Speed is decreased from 74 to 73.
    • Armour is decreased from 29 to 24.
So...
Does battania get an extra class? :grin:

Nice to see the light crossbow usable on horseback at last.
It has a small bug at the moment (I'm about to make a report in the bug section). You cannot imitate a reload if "W" key is pressed down. You have to release the W for a quick second and then you can reload. If your reload gets interrupted via damage, you'll have to do it again.

Lmao there are still plenty of companions. I don't even think those extra ones are taking away from the normal amount. Don't be so disingenuous. I agree its an annoying bug that should have been fixed already but far from campaign ruining (also **** delaying the patch further just to fix this minor thing).

uBWbI.jpg
YkAbu.jpg

It ruined my last game because there were 7 of these alien skinny men, so don't be such a TW apologist. They also said it was fixed in this patch which it is not. Go white knight somewhere else buddy.

The best of this patch:

- AI marriage and adding more adult and kids members for clans to ensure better long-term continuity.
- Option for disabling aging, death, kids, etc. I won’t ever use this option but this is good because now TW could reduce the amount of days per year without people crying due to aging. Please TW do it, waiting 1500 days a minimum until be able to play with my son is too much and I usually get bored and start a new campaign.
- The bug fix for joining as mercenary now does not stop kingdom decisions. This was making me to avoid playing as mercenary at all, really thanks Mexxico for adding this.
- Caravans speed fix and tanneries and workshops fix.
- Villagers and guards new dialogues. Not something huge but a pretty welcome improvement to bring more immersion to the game. Thanks for that.
- While archers are a bit stronger than in 1.5.4, it is nice to see that devs have fixed the archers AI without making them insanely good in SP agains as they were before 1.5.3. Really thanks for do not bringing back broken and insanely OP archers again.

The worse of this patch:

- Cavalry AI still not fixed and cavalry units having still a pretty poor performance.
- This patch is still not 1.5.6 and we have to wait for these beautiful snowballing fixes.

This one is very important and demanded request also!!!!

Implemented a new system that calculates troop power based on context. Removed cavalry troop simulation bonuses for sieges.

Now we will see how does it impact on Khuzait performance before new snowballing fixes are deployed.

snip
What is the companion bug I hear people talk about if I may ask?
There are fake companions in the game called " ..... with the two-handed swords", they have no skills and are clearly just a left over testing companion. Just ignore these ones, all other companions are fine.

UDVcb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is very important and demanded request also!!!!

Now we will see how does it impact on Khuzait performance before new snowballing fixes are deployed.

Yes, the power calculation modification in sieges to do not take into account cavalry is great. The thing is that I have been disabling this cavalry bonus with mods in all my campaigns so I won’t really notice much. But I do agree with this is a good change.

Unless it spawns a bunch of these guys and you can't find any remotely culturally close companions because they take up the pool.
They are empire only and don't seem to impact the normal amount of empire companions. Each faction will have 3-5 companions at the start. Also everyone needs to remember every year new companions will spawn.

jCItX.jpg
snip

Last edited by a moderator:
It has a small bug at the moment (I'm about to make a report in the bug section). You cannot imitate a reload if "W" key is pressed down. You have to release the W for a quick second and then you can reload. If your reload gets interrupted via damage, you'll have to do it again.
Baby steps. We're getting there, oh so gradually

Seems they removed the Disciplinarian perk and tweaked the Leadership tree without including those changes in the patch notes.

Three Leadership perks also have "Not Implemented" as part of their definitions too.

I guess recruiting prisoners and upgrading them to noble troops was kind of OP but man I'm gonna miss it.

New leadership perks so sweet . I dunno if they work yet, but I think they should. Only one perk not implemented and it's literally written "not implemented "
Well she was 18 cannot remember how she joined. Had a couple of drinks while playing Lol
Ok. I'm curious now, may be it works in the end.

Back
Top Bottom