Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked. None of the riding or archery perks are implemented. How hard can it be to implement those functions? Four months into EA they should have some implementation done.
The perks are place holders. They're re-designing a perk tree with every major patch. Why would they fix the current ones when they're changing every tree in a methodical basis? That seems like a waste of time.

Hi just been doing some testing with prisoners, it was only a small test with 5 lords.
I captured 2 lords took them too a NPC town Serandor escaped after 3 days and Vashorki after 4 days.
The next test I did twice first time Urios escaped after 4 days Culharn after 4 days. Turiados lasted 9 days. On
the second test Turiados escaped before I reached the town and the other 2 within 4 days.
The other problem that might make it seem worse is that you imprison the lords, leave the town then go straight back in they no longer show even though they have not escaped yet.
Would love to hear your views on whether I need a bigger sample or if this one is enough.
Ok just done some more testing this time in my own castle same save but captured 2 more lords. Turiados escaped on the return. Urios left after 6 days, Serandor again after 7 days, Culharn ransomed after 11 days and Ratagost still imprisoned after 14 days this seems much better.
I don't know what a proper sample size would be, but those results aren't necessarily out of line with what you might expect. Probability is really unintuitive.
Here's the block of code that controls escape chances that a dev posted awhile back:

YzxtZ.png

It's still possible that there are bugs in it that could end up affecting the probability. For instance, if the DailyTick triggers more than once in a day for some reason, it would lower the time to escape by about half. Or, if the game doesn't properly classify the prisoner's state, then it might use the wrong numbers. Nothing really stood out to me as unusual from my own anecdotal testing though. Here's a sample of some npc lords that were captured by other npcs and placed in npc dungeons in my game:

NPC-Captured-Prisoners-in-NPC-Settlements.png

I didn't cherry pick these examples, they were just the cases that I found in Vlandia within a short time period. There could still be some selection bias though, because I would be more likely to find imprisoned lords if they had been in prison for a longer period of time, which could skew the imprisonment time toward the high side.

Edit: I will say this though, I donated my own prisoners to npc settlements a few times and they did seem to escape faster than you might expect. A couple of them at the very next daily tick, so there might actually be an issue with that scenario.

Last edited:
That's good information Bannerman Man. IMHO, nobles escaping while in a party travelling should be high, but chances of escape while in a dungeon should be much lower. I never liked how Warband's chances played out and always set a custom percentage using the tweaks mod.

Edit: I will say this though, I donated my own prisoners to npc settlements a few times and they did seem to escape faster than you might expect. A couple of them at the very next daily tick, so there might actually be an issue with that scenario.
thx for the testing , i did write down myself some at my own castle and yes it seems they stay there longer then it "feels"
before that i dropped them off at the next dungeon on my way and they seem to vanish quick
also i noticed when playing concentrated ingame time went faster then i thought

Last edited:
SteamDB reports that game's max size has been increased to 74.04 GiB from 61.35 GiB. I don't know how steam works in regards to game sizes to be honest but maybe someone can clear this up if does this means big content coming soon or not?

SteamDB reports that game's max size has been increased to 74.04 GiB from 61.35 GiB. I don't know how steam works in regards to game sizes to be honest but maybe someone can clear this up if does this means big content coming soon or not?

Not sure, but I think the next patch is going to be pretty big, judging by all the dev comments I've seen lately. But lets better not get too excited yet.

I think its time :grin:

Why this game's size so big? It hardly have that much contents.

I don't know what a proper sample size would be, but those results aren't necessarily out of line with what you might expect. Probability is really unintuitive.
Here's the block of code that controls escape chances that a dev posted awhile back:

YzxtZ.png

It's still possible that there are bugs in it that could end up affecting the probability. For instance, if the DailyTick triggers more than once in a day for some reason, it would lower the time to escape by about half. Or, if the game doesn't properly classify the prisoner's state, then it might use the wrong numbers. Nothing really stood out to me as unusual from my own anecdotal testing though. Here's a sample of some npc lords that were captured by other npcs and placed in npc dungeons in my game:

NPC-Captured-Prisoners-in-NPC-Settlements.png

I didn't cherry pick these examples, they were just the cases that I found in Vlandia within a short time period. There could still be some selection bias though, because I would be more likely to find imprisoned lords if they had been in prison for a longer period of time, which could skew the imprisonment time toward the high side.

Wow thanks for the great reply totally agree with your Edit comment.

I think you may be right. Looks like something big coming on Steamdb.
You people are going to be so disappointed when the patch will release. Even one dev said 1.4.3 will be same scale as prior patches. The size increase maybe because of code refactoring.

Im waiting at least 1 feature of those mentioned in dev post but in any case an update is better that none ahhh also waiting for new bugs ofc you know new bugs are better than non....oh wait :grin::grin::grin:

Normally one would not expect code refactoring to result in such a large increase in code size. Could be, however, that they are laying the groundwork for some upcoming features.

A large increase in image size is a bit of a surprise for 1.4.2->1.4.3 but it could also be that 1.5.x branch is nearing readiness for deployment in parallel and that 1.4.3 functionality will be included.

I would imagine that if it is indeed a large update that it may break previous saves. I started my current game on 1.41 and have continued it on 1.42 where it is working fine. I may go "offline" for a while to allow me to finish my current game in case the new patch breaks it.

I don't think the new patch will release for a while anyways. We are stuck with Khuzaits steamrolling everything and with the greedy rulers taking every fief, among all the rest of the issues, but those two by themselves kind of ruin it all.
In my current game Almost every faction is at war with them, and still they manage to push everyone else back.

Yep - can definitely relate there, Dodgy. In my 1.4.2 playthrough as a pure Merc, I find myself smashing 1-2 Khuzait parties every single day, ~150 kills daily while barely losing a troop. Several seasons in, it's still had no discernible effect on the frontline, and if anything Khuzaits are still holding onto their gains and occasionally adding a fief, despite being at war with the world.

In a 1.4.1 playthrough with my own kingdom, it was possible to beat down the Khuzait by focusing on quick landgrabs followed by peace. Killing parties in the field repeatedly doesn't seem to have any noticeable impact on the economic power of the faction being farmed; only territorial gains at their expense matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom