Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend they are working from home. They likely didn't all get the news at the same time...

EDIT: I find it strange they would push out patches very fast with bugs before but now seem to want to push a build that passes internal QA completely.
I have a feeling the refractor broke more simple/obvious things than the bugs we were originally dealing with. With no knowledge of what the refractor touched I'm half afraid sieges could be worse or as bad as they have been. Hopefully siege towers and ladders will be useful soon.

The other thing I've wondered is, yes they're fixing bugs after the code refactor (or during?), but how come it isn't pushed to the beta branch anyway? I thought the purpose of the beta branch was to be as close to the developer's branch as possible and the unbuggy version would be the stable branch? Even though there may be bugs, as long as it launches, it should be moved to beta and if anyone complains, just tell them to gtfo out of the beta branch?
I would say the reason they haven't pushed it to beta is because there is no point exposing a build to a wider array of testers when there are already serious known bugs to work on. Perhaps some new bugs would be unearthed earlier, but generally the resources that would work on them are already tied up on the known bugs, so mostly it just generates an angry mob of beta testers complaining about the state of the build. The time to go to beta is when internal QA aren't hitting show stoppers.

For me the bigger question is why hasn't beta been pushed to public? It as been stable for weeks and I'm sure the broader playerbase would like the new refinements of 1.4.2. Seems arbitrary to hold that back just because the new beta build isn't ready.

I find it strange they would push out patches very fast with bugs before but now seem to want to push a build that passes internal QA completely.
They've mentioned more than once that every single patch goes through the internal testing (even beta) before being released. But the amount of bugs was still relatively high and very updates broke some obvious things like economics or properly working perks.

For me the bigger question is why hasn't beta been pushed to public? It as been stable for weeks and I'm sure the broader playerbase would like the new refinements of 1.4.2. Seems arbitrary to hold that back just because the new beta build isn't ready.
Perhaps it's just to keep the two branches separate on Steam so as not to cause confusion. Or maybe Steam itself has an issue with uploading the same version on two separate branches.

Anyone else crashing when using Sturgia_Town_B level 2 and or 3? I can't get that one to work without CTD. Level 1 seems to work though. Sucks too I like that siege map, its huge and if the AI wasn't so stupid they could fight inside the town instead of just running away let alone charging the already lost walls and gate.

They've mentioned more than once that every single patch goes through the internal testing (even beta) before being released. But the amount of bugs was still relatively high and very updates broke some obvious things like economics or properly working perks.
This. The amount of time we test also effects how much bugs there can be.
Anyone else crashing when using Sturgia_Town_B level 2 and or 3? I can't get that one to work without CTD. Level 1 seems to work though. Sucks too I like that siege map, its huge and if the AI wasn't so stupid they could fight inside the town instead of just running away let alone charging the already lost walls and gate.
That issue has been fixed already. But we were not able to release it. Not sure it will be fixed with the next live patch or the beta patch though.

Hey Marda, can you comment on whether "Whole Seller" will finally be fixed in the next release? I've read a few different places that it was being worked on. It worked early on but then was broken a couple of months ago.

Hey Marda, can you comment on whether "Whole Seller" will finally be fixed in the next release? I've read a few different places that it was being worked on. It worked early on but then was broken a couple of months ago.

I checked code now and see that Whole Seller perk gives 5% less trade penalty for trade good items. It is at code and seems working fine. What was problem about it?

Sc-NT.png

I checked code now and see that Whole Seller perk gives 5% less trade penalty for trade good items. It is at code and seems working fine. What was problem about it?

Sc-NT.png

I guess he refers to the problem that "Whole Seller" and "Appraiser" should mark if you are making profit or not.

These two had initially the problem, that they didn't mark the profits after reloading which got fixed in 1.3 but the function broke again in 1.4.

Now the perks don't mark any profits at all. Here's one of the bug reports: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ofits-trade-skill-no-longer-functions.422121/

@mexxico As they stated above, the "marking" is the part I am referring to. Being able to see the profit/loss marked as green/red makes it much less tedious when trying to go with Trade.

As @Thelior states, I believe this part of it was broken when trying to fix the problem of losing history between saves.

Also, just as a language fix, although the words "Whole" and "Seller" are of course valid words, the correct title in this case should be "Wholesaler".

@mexxico As they stated above, the "marking" is the part I am referring to. Being able to see the profit/loss marked as green/red makes it much less tedious when trying to go with Trade.

As @Thelior states, I believe this part of it was broken when trying to fix the problem of losing history between saves.

Also, just as a language fix, although the words "Whole" and "Seller" are of course valid words, the correct title in this case should be "Wholesaler".

Bug was still there. I found it's reason and fixed. Now working fine showig text as red because I bought beers from 30.

F6eqR.png

Yes problematic code seems changed at the end of April (effect can be at game at May, it takes some time to pass codes to beta branch).

bDicg.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom