Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm a bit put off by the whole waiting for a patch thing, just telling myself that one day the game will be everything I dream of. I know for certain it won't be this patch, or even the one after that most likely. I plan on judging the game after 1 full year of development then I am going to write my review.
It will never be everything you dream of. But fortunately, if the core game becomes complete, you will probably have mods that implement everything you dream of.

It will never be everything you dream of. But fortunately, if the core game becomes complete, you will probably have mods that implement everything you dream of.
Yep, the game has great potential and a chance to become one of the best sandbox games in history.

I don't know if devs will hold on to that chance, but if not - modders will be able to make the game great.

Paging Señor @mexxico. :smile: Would you be willing to provide a sentence or two on testing progress? I see there have been no updates on steamdb which could be a good sign (no new bugs found) or a bad sign (bug takes a while to fix).

Thank you!

Paging Señor @mexxico. :smile: Would you be willing to provide a sentence or two on testing progress? I see there have been no updates on steamdb which could be a good sign (no new bugs found) or a bad sign (bug takes a while to fix).

He said tomorrow he will provide an update on the situation

I just registered, so the link may not work, but here is a good article to read for anyone going "wHy Is It TaKiNg So LoNg FoR tWo LiNeS oF cOdE?":

I do agree that a more obvious status update is needed when it's apparent that an update isn't going to happen this week. Perhaps an edit to the first post?

The other thing I've wondered is, yes they're fixing bugs after the code refactor (or during?), but how come it isn't pushed to the beta branch anyway? I thought the purpose of the beta branch was to be as close to the developer's branch as possible and the unbuggy version would be the stable branch? Even though there may be bugs, as long as it launches, it should be moved to beta and if anyone complains, just tell them to gtfo out of the beta branch?

but how come it isn't pushed to the beta branch anyway?
Once (beta is ready for main branch) and (internal alpha is ready for beta) → they push (beta to main branch) and (alpha to beta). Stabilize, prepare next and repeat.
Apparently current alpha is not good enough for beta at the moment.

I just registered, so the link may not work, but here is a good article to read for anyone going "wHy Is It TaKiNg So LoNg FoR tWo LiNeS oF cOdE?":

I do agree that a more obvious status update is needed when it's apparent that an update isn't going to happen this week. Perhaps an edit to the first post?

The other thing I've wondered is, yes they're fixing bugs after the code refactor (or during?), but how come it isn't pushed to the beta branch anyway? I thought the purpose of the beta branch was to be as close to the developer's branch as possible and the unbuggy version would be the stable branch? Even though there may be bugs, as long as it launches, it should be moved to beta and if anyone complains, just tell them to gtfo out of the beta branch?

Good read. Thanks for sharing!

mexxico says:
"Today no unsolved bugs remained from refactor. I hope tomorrow or friday latest situation will go a new test. However if test team finds new bugs we will enter a new fixing-test cycle. However it is very hard for me to give you an exact time for new patch because I do not know if new bugs will be found tomorrow's new test. If I have any information I will share with you."

Callum have written this today:

We were hoping to release the patch this week however we have encountered some more bugs that need to be fixed first. It is likely that the patch will be delayed until next week.

We are exploring some new formats for development updates/blogs and have two topics to discuss in the works which we plan to share (and I know it is annoying to hear this word repeated) soon.

I think you are going to be a very happy bunny in the coming weeks.

mexxico says:
"Today no unsolved bugs remained from refactor. I hope tomorrow or friday latest situation will go a new test. However if test team finds new bugs we will enter a new fixing-test cycle. However it is very hard for me to give you an exact time for new patch because I do not know if new bugs will be found tomorrow's new test. If I have any information I will share with you."
Callum have written this today:

We were hoping to release the patch this week however we have encountered some more bugs that need to be fixed first. It is likely that the patch will be delayed until next week.

We are exploring some new formats for development updates/blogs and have two topics to discuss in the works which we plan to share (and I know it is annoying to hear this word repeated) soon.

I think you are going to be a very happy bunny in the coming weeks.

Callums post was made 4:55 PM and mexxicos 6:47 PM, so did they solved the bugs callum mentioned or are there bugs that mexxico doesen't know about?

Callums post was made 4:55 PM and mexxicos 6:47 PM, so did they solved the bugs callum mentioned or are there bugs that mexxico doesen't know about?

My friend they are working from home. They likely didn't all get the news at the same time...

EDIT: I find it strange they would push out patches very fast with bugs before but now seem to want to push a build that passes internal QA completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom