Been away for some months, currently in 1.5.3, now honorable lords cost denars to hire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Like the title says, honorable lords now cost denars to hire? Is this a new implemented mechanic because I'm not really fond of it, recruiting a lord to your faction is already hard enough -_-

Q6RYk.png

That is not new.

It has been made more common though, to help prevent snowballing by way of a action losing clans. Also, if they ask for money, they are the worst candidate, you need to talk to someone landless and broke who hates their liege. Those are the ones who will hop on over without being paid.

It actually makes a lot more sense imo.

The better your relationship with a lord the more likely they are to join you without wanting a bribe and the amount they want depends on your relationship points as well as how many fiefs they have. It makes maintaining good relations really matter.

The better your relationship with a lord the more likely they are to join you without wanting a bribe and the amount they want depends on your relationship points as well as how many fiefs they have. It makes maintaining good relations really matter.

Which also gives off a really good incentive early-mid game to not kill every lord on sight.
Liberate them, tactically, get points and persuade them late-game to join you.

My first playthrough I went mad, killing every other lord I saw. Needless to say, I couldnt cough up 2 million for a vassal, and I couldnt defend against all my enemies. I quit.

I've not found any Lords that will jump sides without being paid. They also request ridiculous amounts of money/loot, to the tune of 2 Million+. I would think that this is bugged currently.

How high of a relationship? I've had relationships 50+ and they still ask for 2 million+

I've not found any Lords that will jump sides without being paid. They also request ridiculous amounts of money/loot, to the tune of 2 Million+. I would think that this is bugged currently.
I had one (good relations, no fiefs) pay me to join, probably around version 1.4.3.

Yes. This was the reason for change. Thanks for clarification. It was changed about 2-3 months ago at 1.4s.

Previously if things go well at persuasion step player was able to hire honorable lords even with lots of fiefs and negative relation without paying anything. Now relation is more important so its not good for player to kill every lord he/she captures. Of course still ways of gaining relationship with other lords are rare in game now we need to increase number of these ways.

Yes. This was the reason for change. Thanks for clarification. It was changed about 2-3 months ago at 1.4s.

Previously if things go well at persuasion step player was able to hire honorable lords even with lots of fiefs and negative relation without paying anything. Now relation is more important so its not good for player to kill every lord he/she captures. Of course still ways of gaining relationship with other lords are rare in game now we need to increase number of these ways.
Alright, reasonable enough, now I think I might have chosen the wrong faction to be a vassal, Sturgia is no joke xD

Thank you guys for the clarification though, really appreciated Julio-Claudian, Apocal, mexxico and everyone in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom