Resolved Battanian nobles more like otherworldly abominations than people

Users who are viewing this thread

Circle314

Recruit
Summary:
Winter 4, 1092 - We have just captured Kranirog Castle back from the duplicitous Battanians. Curse those highlanders, declaring war whilst we were occupied battling against our age old foes in the Empire. We shall not forget this! The prisoners below noble station are all impaled and set on fire, whilst the nobles watch from the windows in their dungeon cells. Pryndor will think twice next time he attempts a siege on our lands.

Winter 5, 1092 - The guards reported that Lasand called out and begged to be let out of the dungeons. A minor player in our war against the Vlandians, nonetheless an important hostage, he was denied. Later his screams were heard through the castle, at first those of terror, then filled with blood, gurgling, and finally silence. Several guards have fled, one blubbers into his food like a child.

Winter 6, 1092 - There are widespread reports of our garrison guard going insane. The captain said "it" comes from the dungeons, and he looks visibly shaken. I visited the dungeons today to investigate. I went to the cells of the Battanians and Pryndor has... changed. The guards have begun building barricades in case he... it... escapes. There is a strange pink - purple? - mist throughout the dungeon, and a smell of iron and blood. I fear it is only a matter of time before that eldritch horror tears the door from it's hinges and calls out to it's cthonian friends to descend on our borders...

How to Reproduce:
Look at the Battanians - if you dare!

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): n/a
Media (Screenshots & Video):
QGEV3yd

FH3mVMC

X6dzVg7

Version: Beta e1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
nVidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
GeForce driver v451.67

Last edited:
Version: Beta e1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
nVidia Geforce RTX 2080
Tested on:
GeForce driver v445.87
GeForce driver v451.67

Sorry for interrupting your storytelling (and my bad english) but I can reproduce this behavior and maybe found the bug causing this issue.
It all comes down to one piece of equipment called: "Highland Noble Bracers".
I got this piece as a price from a tournament and equipped it. Until i reloaded the game, there were no graphical issues but afterwards they were present as shown in the screenshots of Circle314. Also i can confirm that the battanian portraits are showing the same behavior if tested in a early save without having the bracers equipped myself or having them in my inventory. Since it would be highly possible that some or most of the nobles of Battania are also wearing this piece of equipment this could be the issue.

In the list of the known bugs/ issues this piece is also listed as " battania_noble_bracers and battania_warlord_bracers can shine absurdly"

EDIT: Switching to 1.4.0 and back to 1.4.3 via Steam reinstalls some files. Now the portrait bug is gone (created a save file without having the bracers equipped/ in my inventory before) when i load into the "corrupt" save file. I assume you have to avoid to let these bracers anywhere near your inventory or to equip them as this may trigger the issue ...

Kind regards
Denves

Last edited:
The issue with the "Highland Noble Bracers" and the other visual bugs displayed on the original post has already been fixed on one of the earlier patches. Can you try verifying your game files?

The issue with the "Highland Noble Bracers" and the other visual bugs displayed on the original post has already been fixed on one of the earlier patches. Can you try verifying your game files?
I've verified the game files, nothing was wrong there, but I've also had a look at Pryndor et al again and the problem is resolved. Perhaps the verification smoothed it out.

@elysebluemoon Could this please be moved to solved, in case anyone else is gets the problem and needs to know the fix?

Back
Top Bottom