MP Battania is Extremely Underpowered in captains mode

Users who are viewing this thread

There are only a few maps and more than half of them favour melee heavy factions. If there were more open maps in the rotation the meta might change.

The Syllianon map cannot be fixed by making streets wider for captain's mode imho. With the unit's AI and generally how the game plays, it is not compatible with the streets and a few townsquares. If anything, it could serve as a TDM/skirmish map, but for captain, it makes the outcome too certain. Like Battania and Khuzait have almost zero chance of winning if both teams know what they're doing. Or the strategies to win are so narrow that they take long research and many tries to do them right.

And I also somewhat agree with Battania being quite weak lately. However, I cannot say the exact reason here, whether it is unit stats or unit counts.

I think its a clear message from the players. Too many line of sight blocks for archers. Too narrow areas for horses and AI pathing. I believe with some its just better to delete the map rather than rework it.
Faction/unit balance feels like its dominated by weapon length and weapon speed. When there is a big imbalance for similar units you see huge differences. Savages get wrecked by most of the other 2 hand units.

Last edited:
I really think Captains mode should be played on much more open maps in general; where archers and cavalry can come into their own and shield walls are much more important. Tight maps remove too many options.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Jawwali is both the most open map and in general the most balanced.

Also IMPO the most fun.

That's a good point. I think most maps should be more open like Jawwali.

There should be a good mix of small maps like Deriad or medium maps like Druimmor, but claustrophobic bathtub maps like Syllianon are always terrible to play on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom