bannersketch

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo said:
I bring you a new Tercosketch! (who may be interested)

[...]  The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.    [...]  Now, the Nords were a favourite faction in Warband, and we know a lot of people are drawn to Vikings - the blood eagles, the shipboard funeral pyres, the berserkers eager to join the feasting at Valhalla. Sturgia is Nordic-influenced but it's not really a Viking state: the Nordlands are off of the map (for the present, anyway) and they wouldn't really form the kind of proto-feudal kingdom that the Bannerlord factions represent  [...]

What would the Sturgian troops be like if these statements were embodied within the game as a whole? Here there is no place for Berserkers or Huscarls (perhaps appropriate for the minor factions, not the main one), but rather a strong Slavic nature. That nature of which presumably more emphasis should have been placed.

A year from now Taleworlds can do great things, little retouches to the troops... who knows?  :iamamoron:

I cannot underline how much ****ing (excused be my potty language) better this is compared to the cool armors we get in MP. Why don't you post this on the beta board? It has to be seen by the developers. I'm also waiting for a big discussion to finally boil on the armor issue. I plainly and simply don't like most of them.

I am glad that as a result of this matter there are other reasons for the debate here.

What do I expect with these Tercosketches? absolutely nothing; I do them because I want to and because I like to share them with you.

I do not intend to raise the banner of "this must be so" on the face of Taleworlds, but rather to carry out a small "study-analysis" of what it could be if the sources were defined and how I interpret them in a more or less objective way with slight brushstrokes of subjectivity.

Let's look at this art of Ilker Serdar:
f425eccce9a1be277b6d4839af514d12.jpg

Some artist from the Taleworlds team did not know how to copy the essence of the original.  :shifty:
blog_post_20_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

Here we notice an artistic coherence between what is shown to us and what is "sold" in the devblog. However, we take a quick look at the general troop tree and see that different factions share too many parts and too many objects with each other. Apparently there has not been a thoroughness for each troop, but rather a recycling of pieces from a pool very limited in content.

Obviously these images that I share are pure photoshop, mixing Taleworlds material along with others from different sources. I haven't created, modeled, textured, rigged or any other thing.  Creating a 3D model takes more time. However, if "me", in a way that you might consider less or more accurate, I could manage to "simulate" a conceptual art in a matter of a week between free time; what could Taleworlds have done in 7 years?
What could Taleworlds do in the last year about it?  :shifty:

---

@Piconi Yeah, it was an artistic twinkle.  :lol:
I may not be in the right, however I heard that this hairstyle was already used by Sviatoslav I of Kiev.

I really like the "feel" of Khuzaits, Aserai and Emipire to some extent, they have done a really great job with giving those factions a real distinction and recognition on the field of battle, but thats 3 out of 6.
Battania and Vlandia are not all bad, but sturgians seem as almost a whole new faction, not related in any way to the Vaegirs (except druziniks), which by the lore TW fed us with, they should be.

So to me the matter is just fixing a couple of minor things on a couple of Empire units, and the other 3 need an almost complete overhaul. The number of units i would like to keep from those 3 factions is average 2 per faction. Every other i would like to change.
Khuzaits are the best done faction IMO.
Legionaries of the Empire could look waaaay more badass with just a couple simple tweaks.

But after these works of Terco, i dare not even try to do a scetch of my desires, let alone post it here.  :smile:

Piconi said:
But after these works of Terco, i dare not even try to do a scetch of my desires, let alone post it here.  :smile:

no! we need sketches. more sketches :<

Terco_Viejo said:
I bring you a new Tercosketch! (who may be interested)

[...]  The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.    [...]  Now, the Nords were a favourite faction in Warband, and we know a lot of people are drawn to Vikings - the blood eagles, the shipboard funeral pyres, the berserkers eager to join the feasting at Valhalla. Sturgia is Nordic-influenced but it's not really a Viking state: the Nordlands are off of the map (for the present, anyway) and they wouldn't really form the kind of proto-feudal kingdom that the Bannerlord factions represent  [...]

What would the Sturgian troops be like if these statements were embodied within the game as a whole? Here there is no place for Berserkers or Huscarls (perhaps appropriate for the minor factions, not the main one), but rather a strong Slavic nature. That nature of which presumably more emphasis should have been placed.

A year from now Taleworlds can do great things, little retouches to the troops... who knows?  :iamamoron:
What a great example of how crazy vibrant jump suits are not required to differentiate troops/factions. High quality stuff.

CKyHC said:
Piconi said:

Ok, ok !

I would like to see something in the lines of this for legionaries, this is my idea in this really quick sketchoni  :smile: :
q4z5UGk.png
U8J0F9c.png

And just to remind how bland and unintimidating legionary is at the moment :
GyYrKGf.jpg

Although Empire is Byzantium inspired, legionaries with that name certainly can`t be, so why not use that glorious name to full extent and add a bit of west-roman flavour ?

Edit: Added the second image variation of my idea,just a few colors changed and bam - not so classic greek style as the bronze one !

Count Delinard said:
That smells more Greek than Roman to me :grin:
I knew i went too much on bronze with the armor :grin: maybe i'll try and sed how the original iron one fares.

Edit: Added iron color to the armor and changed helmet color, now it looks a bit less greek  :grin:

Piconi said:
CKyHC said:
Piconi said:

Ok, ok !

I would like to see something in the lines of this for legionaries, comparing the original with my idea in this really quick sketchoni  :smile: :
GyYrKGf.jpg
q4z5UGk.png

Although Empire is Byzantium inspired, legionaries with that name certainly can`t be, so why not use that glorious name to full extent and add a bit of west-roman flavour ?
I would have loved for at least there to be some variations in the three empire factions. One can stay byzantine inspired while others could also be more Western Roman Empire inspired. I know some early concept art alluded to it but I can't remember where I saw it. It was a drawing of a soldier that looked very much like a roman legionary.

Remember that the empire has been split into three; I am in favour of having a single troop tree for it.

@Piconi, that musculata would never be used by a legionary (only generals/emperators); apart from that it is outdated for the "inspirational context" from which the sources are based... Regardless of that, good work; that ukronic legionary is badass.

@Terco

Taleworlds doesen't seem to stick tightly to their inspirational contexts, so one can hopetm  :grin:, and perhaps smething simmilar to this can be used as only a captains armor in Captain mode or for the minor faction Legion of the Betrayed.....

Regardless, the native "legionary" just doesent fit with the empire, not in the name, nor in looks of what it should represent. To me he looks more like a medieval serbian spearman  ?
I would like to see a very very different legionary to what we currently have.
Other Empire units are fine to me tho.

RoboSenshi said:
I would have loved for at least there to be some variations in the three empire factions. One can stay byzantine inspired while others could also be more Western Roman Empire inspired. I know some early concept art alluded to it but I can't remember where I saw it. It was a drawing of a soldier that looked very much like a roman legionary.

this is
tWlOloGDwWQ.jpg

oXRde_xJIps.jpg

RoboSenshi said:
Piconi said:
CKyHC said:
Piconi said:

Ok, ok !

I would like to see something in the lines of this for legionaries, comparing the original with my idea in this really quick sketchoni  :smile: :
GyYrKGf.jpg
q4z5UGk.png

Yeah, I've been using it as my profile pic for years now. This legionaire is from the media archive on the M&B Bannerlord website. They haven't changed or added anything on this part of the site since 2014.

Anyways, I'm right there with you, man. Late roman legionaires have way more appeal to me than these byzantine troops from the 11th century.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,386554.0.html

Piconi said:
@Terco

Taleworlds doesen't seem to stick tightly to their inspirational contexts, so one can hopetm  :grin:, and perhaps smething simmilar to this can be used as only a captains armor in Captain mode or for the minor faction Legion of the Betrayed.....

Regardless, the native "legionary" just doesent fit with the empire, not in the name, nor in looks of what it should represent. To me he looks more like a medieval serbian spearman  ?
I would like to see a very very different legionary to what we currently have.
Other Empire units are fine to me tho.

True, however you have to have knowledge about the wheel to later design bicycles... :lol:

After arranging a little the items that Taleworlds has at its disposal and adding small details such as adding next to the existing in-game "Deir el-Medina" helmet models such as the late roman "Intercisa" or the Byzantine "snail" we get a strong personality in each of the troops (I think so). I believe that it is too "feudal-ish" to implement the coat of mail to protect the feet (Mail stockings) of some imperial troops. Taleworlds sins a lot in its use...

Back
Top Bottom