bannersketch

Users who are viewing this thread

Totally agree with you Terco ! And yeah ok you can do errors but it's not like you can't found easy infos with google in 5 minutes, and the game have been announced 7 years ago. Also maybe they don't want or don't care to be historically accurate about designs even if they said many times who inspired the factions.

I had a "verbal fight" about Sturgia we were ok at the end Stugia is looking early Rus/Viking more than Rus 10th -11th like in the Artwrok or explained in devblogs, we are always waiting for lamellar armors ! But it seems they said they will put some. I think they should put Sturgia like Rus from 10th century early 11th , litle bit less vikings and more slavic influenced (they could keep the viking side for some untis but add also more slavic units).

Battania design is... i don't know what to say ? fantasy-barbarian ?

Ettenrocal said:
...And yeah ok you can do errors but it's not like you can't found easy infos with google in 5 minutes, and the game have been announced 7 years ago. Also maybe they don't want or don't care to be historically accurate about designs even if they said many times who inspired the factions.
[...]

Not copying a historical inspiration 100% is not an error. Battania's character can still be inspired by Welsh and Irish archetypes, like the mischievous rogue as mentioned in their dev blog. It does not follow that they also then need to look exactly like ancient celts.

Which is not to say that I like their visuals particularly (some items/units I do, some less so). But the design is not forced to be an exact representation of anything.

I think that khuzait is the faction that best looking, although I would like them to add a helmet with a mask like this.
C_6.jpg
C_11.jpg

JuanNieve said:
I think that khuzait is the faction that best looking, although I would like them to add a helmet with a mask like this.
yes-or add to existing helmets in the game
but judging by tmu that in March there will not be all the scenes castle\town the company has very few 3d modelers :С

Terco_Viejo said:
@fedeita & @Ettenrocal Yes, it also seems anachronistic to me; however vlandia is not the only faction in which we find things that don't fit. One of many examples that I can comment on is the Falx and the Rhomphaia being Thracian/Dacian do not fit very well in the Battanian world...
Actually, i think it's not the biggest of their mistakes, it could easily fit well, because many celtic tribes of the balkans (Scrodisci, Dindari etc...) were very mixed and waged constant wars with tracian and dacian tribes in proximity,also adopting falx among other things during the process.
The thing is, they did not use it so often (according to historical writings) because the Balkan Celts were very cavalry focused, according to archeological findings, (in my home town alone and arround it, there are plenty of celtic objects found, along with the horse corpses and reins and such).
Also, it is not in the same time period nor the location of those Celts that Taleworlds told us they took inspiration from. Falx belongs to approx 4th century BC to 1st century BC of the Balkan peninsula Celts/Thracians/Dacians/Illyrians, and the Celts Taleworlds took inspiration from are the aprrox 5th-8th century AD Celts of the Brittish isles.

They can do whatever they want actually, it's their game, they can mix periods, people, cultures and such, but another thing is to make certain factions somewhat relatable to popular culture and thus appealing for more gamers. . .
Terco_Viejo said:
I have complained a lot in this comments about Battania; maybe in a next Tercosketch I will remedy it.

I eagerly await the battanian one, you seem to be very skilled in photoshop, which i admire !

Piconi said:
Terco_Viejo said:
@fedeita & @Ettenrocal Yes, it also seems anachronistic to me; however vlandia is not the only faction in which we find things that don't fit. One of many examples that I can comment on is the Falx and the Rhomphaia being Thracian/Dacian do not fit very well in the Battanian world...
Actually, i think it's not the biggest of their mistakes, it could easily fit well, because many celtic tribes of the balkans (Scrodisci, Dindari etc...) were very mixed and waged constant wars with tracian and dacian tribes in proximity,also adopting falx among other things during the process.
The thing is, they did not use it so often (according to historical writings) because the Balkan Celts were very cavalry focused, according to archeological findings, (in my home town alone and arround it, there are plenty of celtic objects found, along with the horse corpses and reins and such).
Also, it is not in the same time period nor the location of those Celts that Taleworlds told us they took inspiration from. Falx belongs to approx 4th century BC to 1st century BC of the Balkan peninsula Celts/Thracians/Dacians/Illyrians, and the Celts Taleworlds took inspiration from are the aprrox 5th-8th century AD Celts of the Brittish isles.

They can do whatever they want actually, it's their game, they can mix periods, people, cultures and such, but another thing is to make certain factions somewhat relatable to popular culture and thus appealing for more gamers. . .
Terco_Viejo said:
I have complained a lot in this comments about Battania; maybe in a next Tercosketch I will remedy it.

I eagerly await the battanian one, you seem to be very skilled in photoshop, which i admire !

Right; however, that celtic trait (Hallstatt/La Tène culture) spans from Iberian peninsula to Anatolia. By that Rule, why not include Celtiberian helmets or bronze breastplates? Are cool too!

Here is the Tercosketch in which I imagine Battanian troops bearing in mind their inspiration Picts, Irish, and Welsh. As in the reality of the islands in the post-Roman period, the weaponry and clothing of these troops should lean more toward the late Roman panoply than the Anglo-Saxon. As I have said before, to me Battania is now a Saxon, barbaric mad maxianist mash who is very distant from that "Celtic" world of which we have spoken.

Reuven said:
Taleworlds, employ Terco please.
tenor.gif

JuanNieve said:
I think that khuzait is the faction that best looking[...]

I totally agree. I wish they had investigated the same for the other factions as they did for Khuzait.  :shifty:

So you planning on making a mod or something? :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:

Well i'm not going to pretend that ik as much in the armour department as you guys, but the flat scales(especially for the battanians) really irk me. I REALLY like what you did with the constant aesthetics of these sketches. In game, battania seems a bit too orderly and organized for what their inspiration suggests.

I bring you a new Tercosketch! (who may be interested)

[...]  The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.    [...]  Now, the Nords were a favourite faction in Warband, and we know a lot of people are drawn to Vikings - the blood eagles, the shipboard funeral pyres, the berserkers eager to join the feasting at Valhalla. Sturgia is Nordic-influenced but it's not really a Viking state: the Nordlands are off of the map (for the present, anyway) and they wouldn't really form the kind of proto-feudal kingdom that the Bannerlord factions represent  [...]

What would the Sturgian troops be like if these statements were embodied within the game as a whole? Here there is no place for Berserkers or Huscarls (perhaps appropriate for the minor factions, not the main one), but rather a strong Slavic nature. That nature of which presumably more emphasis should have been placed.

A year from now Taleworlds can do great things, little retouches to the troops... who knows?  :iamamoron:

Terco_Viejo said:

[...]  The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.    [...]  Now, the Nords were a favourite faction in Warband, and we know a lot of people are drawn to Vikings - the blood eagles, the shipboard funeral pyres, the berserkers eager to join the feasting at Valhalla. Sturgia is Nordic-influenced but it's not really a Viking state: the Nordlands are off of the map (for the present, anyway) and they wouldn't really form the kind of proto-feudal kingdom that the Bannerlord factions represent  [...]

What would the Sturgian troops be like if these statements were embodied within the game as a whole? Here there is no place for Berserkers or Huscarls (perhaps appropriate for the minor factions, not the main one), but rather a strong Slavic nature. That nature of which presumably more emphasis should have been placed.

A year from now Taleworlds can do great things, little retouches to the troops... who knows?  :iamamoron:
Your version is beautiful. I like a lot more than the original!

Terco_Viejo said:

This one i like very much! Much better than what you did with the Battanian scetch, i must admit  :oops:

Edit: Just noticed the face looks very "cossack-ey", instead of slavic, but i suppose we should only look at the gear ! Vaegir ancestors !

Terco_Viejo said:

how do you know so much? you are russian? beautiful work, it will be difficult to do better

Back
Top Bottom