bannersketch

Users who are viewing this thread

De facto, non of these are actually "Emperors" per se, they are mereley leaders demanding the right to choose an Emperor of the WHOLE Empire differently, but nonetheless, i would like to see them in a whole different apearances than shown. The Empire leader (even of its splinter state) should look intimidating, noble and almost godlike !
According to Bannerlord lore, summarized by my little brain, this is how i imagined them;

The first one (North) is a senator who demands the power back to the Senate, so the senators choose every Emperor (among themselves, the nobles in the Senate), that`s why i imagined him as very pompous and uptight noble, a show-off, wearing purple wheneve he can, and in battle equipped with golden armor and bejeweled helmet with a battle crown .....

The second is a widow of the last Emperor, a woman of noble birth , Empress consort in mourning (though i made her younger, cause aestetics  :smile: ), who wants to put her daughter to the throne as the late Emperor`s only child and a rightful heir. Here i imagined a very noble, porphyrogene lady, who respects the traditions and leads troops into battle herself, though not in the first battle lines; wears armour, always some beautifully ornamented dress on top, but as she is not expected to drive the battle course herself ( because she`s a lady), she doesent wear a helmet, but a slight protection connected with her battle crown.

The third one is a general, a hardened veteran, who yearns for the days of old, when Empire`a legions marched through Calradia unmatched by any foreign force, seeks to enforce the line of Emperors chosen only among the military, by the military: soldiers, officers and generals, because they are the ones who brought the Empire its glory in the first place. I imagined him as a humble old warrior, always cleanly shaved and very disciplined, lives among his soldiers in battlecamps, who wears a battle crown only because his soldiers bestowed it upon him, his armor reflects the legions of old a bit, but more hardened according to his place in the military and the West Empire . . .

Count Delinard said:
Terco_Viejo said:
it will be a good time to think about that new thread that will surely satisfy our Count's wettest dreams.  :lol:

:party:

What are you waiting for then ? Where is that thread ?  :smile:

Terco_Viejo said:
@Piconi you have time to ripen those ideas (if you want to), the tercosketch aserai is not ready...
Take your time, because i have very little. Its rough arround the edges, for more detailing i will need few days. An hour-3 of "free time" a day is all i have, and i don't want to spend it all on this.... :grin:
I was reffering to Count, encouriging him to make that thread  :wink:

I think the most feasible approach for you guys is to associate with some decent 3D modeller and create a mod with those sweet assets.

Question is: what's going to be the name of your improved immersion mod?

Just a little reminder on how awfull they actually look in the game ( according to "lords" tab in in-game Bannerlord kingdom encyclopedia:

North - "Senator Lucon"
ADmySsk.png

South - "Empress Rhagaea"
bTkCmaO.png

ooooff, i know  :sad:

West- "Garios" ( just a name, no prefix, nothing, a name so bland he sounds like a regular small-time gambler who owes money to everyone in his town ).
I couldn't find any image of him, but it seems for the better, because i don't want to know how he looks like, based on the looks of previous 2 Empire factions leaders.

Piconi said:
Just a little reminder on how awfull they actually look in the game ( according to "lords" tab in in-game Bannerlord kingdom encyclopedia:

North - "Senator Lucon"
ADmySsk.png

bTkCmaO.png

West- "Garios" ( just a name, no prefix, nothing, a name so bland he sounds like a regular small-time gambler who owes money to everyone in his town ).
I couldn't find any image of him, but it seems for the better, because i don't want to know how he looks like, based on the looks of previous 2 Empire factions leaders.
Omg they look terrible, but i guess they will be changed, and also great work Piconi on the empire leaders.

Piconi said:

North - "Senator Lucon"
ADmySsk.png

bTkCmaO.png

Garios

@Terco

When i recently saw this..:
King Caladog of Battania ( in-game footage during a parley )
latest

... i suddenly felt the urge to make a Battanian King like i would imagine him, but i somehow totally forgot that you have already made one, and a very good looking one at that, but by the time i remembered you did, and had another look at your creation, i was already far into the process of making my own; so i decided i wasn`t making a king anymore, but a CLAIMANT to Battanian throne :grin: (since yours is very good in every way to be the king of Battania )

So i made a few changes from then on, the "Claimant" gained a bit of celto-gallic vibe, while still remaining distingushably modern-day-popular-culture-point-of-view celtic, i believe. I even imagined a lore behind this character:

His name is Maedoc, his direct ancestor and Caladog`s direct ancestor were brothers leading their tribe together, but then they split up in need to search for new lands to settle, and Maedoc`s ancestor went south, through all of Calradia, embarking on a journey beyond the southwestern sea with the half of their tribe, and they finally settled new lands which they could call home, while Caladog`s ancestor remained in Calradia, becoming the only king of Battania, a title he will pass on to his descendants all the way to Caladog himself. Centuries later, Maedoc was the last king of the Battanians across the sea, their kingdom falling to mighty realms never heard of in Calradia, and he was driven back to his ancestral lands, now known as Kingdom of Battania, ruled by his distant cousin - King Caladog.
As Maedoc`s ancestor was the older brother of the two, Maedoc now thinks he should be the rightfull ruler of Battania, and that his ancestor was actually banished from Calradia with the help of a plot by his younger brother, Caladog`s ancestor.
Maedoc wants his ancestral rights, he searches help to gain the throne of Battania back in the name of his ancestor.

That`s why his looks are a little bit gaulish ( mostly the helmet  :wink: ); centuries of Battanian cultural developement away from its core in Claradia  :fruity:
Altough helmet is without the wings originaly, and looks good too, but this is more recognizable i think  :wink:

On the other note, it seems they changed Empress Rhagea's appearance for the better (Bannerlord Wiki)
latest

Not as bad as before, but if in civilian, she would be wearing even more glorious dress than on top of armour, and a normal "basileus" crown, that the whole world would envy !

Poncho said:
Yg8xlqZ.png
Here's a screenshot I took after tweaking the legionary's armor some. Took some inspiration from some empire sketches in here.
Did you tweak it in game files, before entering the scene? If so, would you share how ?

It looks awesome, i remember that helmet from before, didn`t see it lately .

Piconi said:
De facto, non of these are actually "Emperors" per se, they are mereley leaders demanding the right to choose an Emperor of the WHOLE Empire differently, but nonetheless, i would like to see them in a whole different apearances than shown. The Empire leader (even of its splinter state) should look intimidating, noble and almost godlike !
According to Bannerlord lore, summarized by my little brain, this is how i imagined them;

The first one (North) is a senator who demands the power back to the Senate, so the senators choose every Emperor (among themselves, the nobles in the Senate), that`s why i imagined him as very pompous and uptight noble, a show-off, wearing purple wheneve he can, and in battle equipped with golden armor and bejeweled helmet with a battle crown .....

The second is a widow of the last Emperor, a woman of noble birth , Empress consort in mourning (though i made her younger, cause aestetics  :smile: ), who wants to put her daughter to the throne as the late Emperor`s only child and a rightful heir. Here i imagined a very noble, porphyrogene lady, who respects the traditions and leads troops into battle herself, though not in the first battle lines; wears armour, always some beautifully ornamented dress on top, but as she is not expected to drive the battle course herself ( because she`s a lady), she doesent wear a helmet, but a slight protection connected with her battle crown.

The third one is a general, a hardened veteran, who yearns for the days of old, when Empire`a legions marched through Calradia unmatched by any foreign force, seeks to enforce the line of Emperors chosen only among the military, by the military: soldiers, officers and generals, because they are the ones who brought the Empire its glory in the first place. I imagined him as a humble old warrior, always cleanly shaved and very disciplined, lives among his soldiers in battlecamps, who wears a battle crown only because his soldiers bestowed it upon him, his armor reflects the legions of old a bit, but more hardened according to his place in the military and the West Empire . . .

Count Delinard said:
Terco_Viejo said:
it will be a good time to think about that new thread that will surely satisfy our Count's wettest dreams.  :lol:

:party:

What are you waiting for then ? Where is that thread ?  :smile:

North Emperor has best regalia, but i love that crossed pattern with eagles between the Xs. I would love to combine the 2. I wish we could have even more slots for armor... maybe one day we can have all the armor pieces separately.
800px-Gothic_armour_with_list_of_elements.jpg

Also the crown North Emperor has looks great. Looks like mix of crowns of Byzantine Empire, Holy Roman Empire and Hungary.

Ruler of Calradia said:
[...]
Also the crown North Emperor has looks great. Looks like mix of crowns of Byzantine Empire, Holy Roman Empire and Hungary.
Actually, all 3 of the Emperors are using the same model as a basis, i just edited them a little for each one.

It's the only good looking crown, that looks byzantine enough and also with the right angle i could find on the web, and it is actually a picture of 100% hungarian crown.

All the other ones i could find weren't byzantine enough, were civilan crowns (for sitting on the throne in a palace, not for wearing it in battle) or were just not glorious enough for an Emperor  :grin:

Thanks for the compliments, you could try making a sketch too, we could be sitting on a goldmine of concept art for a Bannerlord Floris mod at least, if no one from Taleworlds sees what we are doing here and considers it as a legitimate aestetic change that can be aplied to Native . . .

I love the concepts, I would really like to see what you guys can come up with for Aseria :party:

Also looking forward to the eventual mod inspired by this, adding in new assets for all the factions.

Edit, these also make me think about how Bannerlord is lacking in more bow shapes. These would help make bannerlord factions differ even more

Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
Here's what I found for the Aserai. It seems fitting for a prince.
unknown.png
This is great ! How are you changing class armor in game files?

Clearly with magic!
Then let me drop some magic of my own with a new Piconiscketch !
As i believe Terco will do exsisting Aserai troops a rework justice and beyond, i had inspiration for a troop i would like Aserai to have and how it would look :

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre (1H is also feasible) that deals huge amount of damage as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and very fast unit, it should be the fastest infantry unit in the game !
Have in mind, only 2 objects in this sketch are not in game assets !

Piconi said:
Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:
Poncho said:
Here's what I found for the Aserai. It seems fitting for a prince.
unknown.png
This is great ! How are you changing class armor in game files?

Clearly with magic!
Then let me drop some magic of my own with a new Piconiscketch !
As i believe Terco will do exsisting Aserai troops a rework justice and beyond, i had inspiration for a troop i would like Aserai to have and how it would look :

I imagined Hashashin with a 2 handed sabre that deals huge amount of damage as well as 12 throwing knives with decent damage, and very fast unit, it should be the fastest infantry unit in the game !
Have in mind, only 2 objects are not in game assets !

Honestly amazing my man, Taleworlds should honestly hire the both of you! Incredible work. I really like the way cloth is done on that troop.

I'm swapping the meshes. can find them in mpitems and spitems. swapping out mpitem meshes with spitem meshes so for example, in mpitems there is a mesh called vlandia_helmet_l_d. i replace that mesh with one from spitems, say aserai_helmet_m. they have to match each other in terms of where they go on the body, so helmet for helmet, bodyarmor for bodyarmor, so on so forth. You can find whatever item id a certain class has by going in mpcharacters and copying the id and pasting it in mpitems to find the mesh to replace.

Here's one I did for battania.

unknown.png

Back
Top Bottom