Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Users who are viewing this thread

So far I'm really loving it. It's a remarkably stable build for what is the first outing in early access. Not sure where the best place to leave feedback is, so if there is a link or something, I'd really appreciate it.

A few niggles I've had, was doing a quest to get a merchants daughter back, and after I started the negotiation I couldn't back out of it, so I went from "Y'know, your dad loves you" to "Right, Imma chop your boyfriends head off if you don't come with me." I'm playing this fully RP, so that's just not something my character would do, but I didn't get a chance to get out of that conversation loop without killing the guy. More options, or at least an option to be like "Okay, that's cool" would be great.

Only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of voice acting for dialogue. I wasn't expecting the whole dialogue to be read out but I was hoping for some, just to bring personality out of the dialogue.

Was also hoping there would be a lot more expression on NPC faces.

Last edited:
My first reaction was: AWESOME! I finished the tutorial before I took a break. When I returned to create a new character I skipped the tutorial and went to business to start to explore our new beautiful Calradia. Problem is that when I engaged a small group of looters, my character was invinsible. Yes, I couldn't see him or his horse and I tried to shift from first to third person but with no result.

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but I thought I should bring it up regardless.

Totally awesome! I am really enjoying combat and the new menus. It's really what I was hoping for -- warband but better. Can't wait to see what changes come.

I’m screaming and pulling my hair out over performance problems but aside from all of that?

I hate that flute so much.

Just kidding though, let just say that even when I spent half of my playing time on loading screen, this game still worth one third of my lifetime waiting for this.

Is it just me or are the arena tournaments broken? I keep ending up fighting a cataphract in full armour who, when I hit him, only takes 2 damage per hit. Unless I miraculously hit his neck and deal around 18 damage. It's impossible to win.

Damn it's so cool that they have some of the old music pieces in Bannerlord(just modified).
I really wished that they had some more customizations in the character creation in EA, there are no goodlooking long haircuts.

I was also wondering where the Age-Slider went. I know you getting older ingame(is that feature in the game?) but I want to be able playing as an old man or younger man, it is hard too make you looks like a 25-30 aged man, my character looks allways like 35.

But regardless of this im really happy with what I've seen allready, the world looks great, the music is fantastic and the game is fun.

I played for a little over two hours and actually didn't run into ANY issues which surprised me.

It's clearly a Mount&Blade game and the SP experience is better than Warbands to me.

Now TW just needs to sort out some of the issues found in the beta and we're pretty good :wink:

I'm liking what I've seen so far. It's hard to give a complete judgement, not having gotten to really test the economy, further game, large battles etc. But so far I'm very pleased with the early game and I can see huge potential for mods.

Ive played a few hours so far and I have to say aside from a few crashes im quite happy with EA release.
Looking forward to future updates, keep up the good work!
:grin:

So, 5 hours in for now. I like it, even though I see some issues that hopefully will be addressed one moment or the other, looking forward to test larger battles and diplomacy and management and all that

its good so far but I just wish that starting your own kingdom and having children were included, ive done a forum post so we can have a discussion about it.

Heya, bought the game today and have played a couple of hours into the singleplayer campaign! So far I'm not dissapointed at all with the game! Haven't had any performance issues so far, but have encountered some bugs. I wont enter into a list of all the bugs that I have encountered (horse stuck in a tree) but I would like to make some suggestions regarding overall gameplay:

- The world is very nice and detailed! Obviously some assets need to be reused as such, but I highly recommend you guys to strive to have as much uniqueness as possible! Right now I'm seeing lot's of same NPC faces, and if it's already old by 2 hours of play, in a few hours I'm really gonna be tired of talking to the same NPC's all the time...! Same goes for cities. Excellent job on the existing ones they are well made and realistic, moar please :grin:
- I'm having a bit of difficulty regarding how to give orders to troops and the rest. A battlefield tutorial/written tutorial explaining what each order does would be nice.
- The music is very good and puts you in the right medieval mood. But sometimes it doesn't play at all.
- The world albeit populated, seems very...NPC'y. Taking for example Witcher 3 (which is a very good quality level to strive for) people would comment and talk. I know there are no voices in-game but at least some remarks such as "Lovely day!". Those words that they say whenever we talk to them, let them speak them when we pass through them instead of engaging in a direct talk. Btw, some dialogue options are bugged.
And this one has been my biggest gripe with the game so far.... both SP and MP...
- Movespeed. By golly is it slow! Do please increase move speed and overall agility of our hero! Adding a sprint would be a good addition (even for battle e.g. charging attacks) but a base increase in movespeed is urgently needed...I like to take a stroll inside the cities and it just takes ages to move everywhere! And I'm not even going about climbing stairs...excruciangly slow. An overall base Movespeed increase is needed!

So far, that's that :smile:
Congratulations on your game, do not abandon it and do regular updates to it and you will have a lasting and remarkable sucess!

I played for about an hour, and really enjoyed the game so far, seems very polished for a "early access" I personally miss the moving camera by mouse edge. now I have to right click which is a bit annoying; I think its by design, but I can't move time faster by CTRL+SPACE anymore either; Since I just had to wait 3 days that was kinda weird;

The first quests are nice, but just like warband, "get money" and "get 20 people" is not a real questline; I find myself roaming around for cash as I can't find any real progression towards a larger entitle (which I assume is clans) Perhaps I chose wrongly as I was offered to name my clan before I really understood the game.

Overal the game is super beautiful and the art and design is magnificent, its a bit heavy on my machine, but by all means super playable;

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 + MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8GB

Back
Top Bottom