Bannerlord is almost ready for DLCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Feasts weren't just a "one time fun" thing, they were a tool for the player AND an immersive component that brought life to the game. It was a tool because it served as a way to raise relationships with lords and court ladies, in this case, it can still be used, but instead TW made relationships useless as they serve no purpose. It was an immersive components because lords activities weren't just raising armies, they were also having a life. Marriages for example, no longer require you to participate in a feast, as Lords would have done... instead they have been turned into another *grind the game* 2 minutes activity that show a cutscene and you're good to go get castles and lose them over and over.

there's just a bunch of npcs in one place... sure its cool to see it a few times, but nothing new happens, so it becomes just another tedious thing. That doesn't mean they had no function, but they were really close to meaningless, and getting in the way of campaigns. Definitely not worth asking TW for it.

I would like holy orders and churches to be added to cities. So you can give more to your religion and get new items and new troops. May be a warrior priest that prays to you troops before battle to give a moral boost be nice if it was down medieval total war 2 as a pre battle speech.
That would be nice. But I think it can't be introduced into Bannerlord. Islam area in Bannerlord is too small. In that case, any crusade or jihad would be unblanced, so there's no room for religion armies.
Rebel kingdoms becoming legitimate kingdom would be a brilliant add on.
Maybe someday it will be added in a patch.
but instead TW made relationships useless as they serve no purpose.
And relationship is easy to achieve in Bannerlord. But still feasts are worthy of being brought back. Preparing the feast is fun. Other than feasts, I can merely remember what I did in Warband.

Last edited:
Another inspiration from CKiii, grand tournament. It's a small simulated war on the open plain, in which contestants could bring some soldiers with them. We need to stop endless wars and have some fun.

Why people want DLCs with new features is beyond me.

Bannerlord is already full of completely useless mechanics that barely work and/or fail to impact the game in a meaningful manner: gang alleyways, "simulated" economy, fief management, relations and traits, policies etc.

I would go the opposite direction and start reworking existing poorly implemented systems till they are properly implemented and tightly integrated with other mechanics in the game.

there's just a bunch of npcs in one place... sure its cool to see it a few times, but nothing new happens, so it becomes just another tedious thing. That doesn't mean they had no function, but they were really close to meaningless, and getting in the way of campaigns. Definitely not worth asking TW for it.
They needed to be improved, not removed. Same thing with Right to Rule, same thing with companions (RIP interesting companions replaced by boring random generator), same thing with courtship and musicians, same thing with book sellers, same thing with conspiration. TW is the remover, they just remove things.

6daefb79d4c3b497e86fffc81252f198.jpg

Me trying to explain the delicate intricacies of how not having feasts represent a bigger problem and a general lack of substantial and immersive features, and it's not just an isolated missing feature to a community that just wants more battle additions.
Oh I know, but I'm partial to feasts serving that purpose because I didn't really like them in Warband, but I don't know what else besides hunting (blech) would serve that purpose. Although... if they paid @Artem1s for his new creation and added the feasts & bards feature (especially the bard portion, maybe with a couple of charm skill effects changed to supplement that gamestyle) into the base game I would be content.

Another inspiration from CKiii, grand tournament. It's a small simulated war on the open plain, in which contestants could bring some soldiers with them. We need to stop endless wars and have some fun.
So much this, man I'm gonna go put this into suggestions

Last edited:
I am hoping the next update is improved roleplay aspects because i have run into bannerlord combat fatigue again pretty much even campaign. peace time needs more interaction. Tournament improvements would be good , Ranged Tournament's , melee foot, melee mounted. Feasts for role play and hunts (just use the bandit lair add pigs who ever kills most wins= social boost) . Rivalries TW(go play the cunning mod) proper friends and enemies . Better dialogue. Let use by gifts for people ,Statues, Silks, ect there in the game. TW Just do something please.

A DLC that adds: every feature present in Warband.
+1
the vanilla game? there's not much else worth adding from it - and dont say feasts, they were fun exactly one time and that's it.
most people are fond of the mods for warband
Feasts made it much less annoying to find people which is a huge chore in Bannerlord. They also gave you something to do during peacetime and provided a way of gaining relation (which functioned like Influence in Warband also) during peacetime.

Other things than feasts which were good:

* Having a minister in your capital city who could send messages
* Landless lords visiting your court
* Manhunters that kept bandit levels sensible
* Buying books to raise skills faster
* Surprise attacks in town by bandits, belligerent drunks and assassins
* Insulting a noble to challenge them to a duel
* Being able to fight your way out after failing a sneak attempt, rather than RNG just throwing you in jail instantly

Yeah I miss escaping from guards in the sneak attempt too, because if I don't have enough roguery skill at least my fighting skills would get me out of it (even though it was very difficult in Warband and I liked that)

Back
Top Bottom