🎉 "Another Day, Another Dollar NOT Spent on Bannerlord DLCs!" 🎉

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I was just rummaging through my couch cushions, looking for some spare change to throw at yet another "essential" DLC for one of those other games. You know, the ones that release a half-finished game and then expect us to pay extra for the "complete" experience?

But then I remembered - oh wait! I'm a proud Bannerlord player, and TaleWorlds doesn't play those games (pun intended)!

Isn't it just so refreshing to have a game where the developers actually care about the community and the content they deliver? I mean, who needs constant DLCs when you have a game that's rich and immersive right out of the box? And let's not even get started on the modding community. Why buy DLCs when you can have endless content created by passionate fans?

Every time I see another game releasing a "must-have" DLC for the low, low price of my firstborn child, I just chortle and dive back into Bannerlord - where the real action is.

So, here's to TaleWorlds for not jumping on the DLC cash cow bandwagon and for giving us a game that feels complete from day one. Cheers! 🍻

Thank you TaleWorlds, we appreciate you!

So, here's to TaleWorlds for not jumping on the DLC cash cow bandwagon and for giving us a game that feels complete from day one. Cheers! 🍻
Funny

Though with the Turkish economy not doing so hot, won't be surprised if we get a Horse Armor DLC for Christmas, take a page out of Master Todd's handbook.

Thankfully I think putting anything together like an actual DLC is beyond TW's ability. That said I'm surprised they aren't trying to sell console players something while they still can. Though I'm guessing the console playerbase has shrunk dramatically with the "drought" between updates. Obviously pretty hard to sell the PC crowd anything with the glut of mods out there.

So, I was just rummaging through my couch cushions, looking for some spare change to throw at yet another "essential" DLC for one of those other games. You know, the ones that release a half-finished game and then expect us to pay extra for the "complete" experience?

But then I remembered - oh wait! I'm a proud Bannerlord player, and TaleWorlds doesn't play those games (pun intended)!

Isn't it just so refreshing to have a game where the developers actually care about the community and the content they deliver? I mean, who needs constant DLCs when you have a game that's rich and immersive right out of the box? And let's not even get started on the modding community. Why buy DLCs when you can have endless content created by passionate fans?

Every time I see another game releasing a "must-have" DLC for the low, low price of my firstborn child, I just chortle and dive back into Bannerlord - where the real action is.

This seems a bit mean and in bad faith, especially since TW have never announced any DLC afaik. It's one thing to mock horse armor DLCs but mocking TW for DLC when they haven't even released any?

They did release a DLC, that 'companions' one with some map graphic, 1-pager on each faction background, and some music. There's no way they can even broach the topic of other DLCs at this stage; if the game they released a year ago isn't even finished yet.

Back
Top Bottom