Bannerlord is almost ready for DLCs

Users who are viewing this thread

STcloz

Sergeant
in my humble opinion of course, after diplomacy is completed, if we ignore dozens of bugs and pray to heaven, may they be fixed soon.
Bannerlord needs more RPG contents. I mean unique experiences. Repeat quests aren't good enough. Side quests could be used to fill the blank between the main quest and repeat quests.
I have thought of a DLC's title, Muggers and merchants. Beautiful, isn't it?

Last edited:
I mean the name you suggested had the same ring of Paradox and the DLCs for CK3
I knew what you meant. Yes, I think it's a funny imitation of CKiii, and also a coincidence. You see, TW gives a hint that they might make a DLC about criminals and bandits. And the trade system in Bannerlord is almost a diaster. I highly expect that TW will do something about it. So muggers and merchants.

I would like holy orders and churches to be added to cities. So you can give more to your religion and get new items and new troops. May be a warrior priest that prays to you troops before battle to give a moral boost be nice if it was down medieval total war 2 as a pre battle speech.

Based on how DLCs work its not feasible to have tight integration with the existing mechanics. This is why DLCs in the lazier paradox titles like EU4 just have minigame menus or buttons that are totally divorced from the rest of the game.

If they make a DLC as impactful as say sea travel or more merchant mechanics its basically going to be another standalone game tacked onto the existing game rather than an interesting or meaningful combination with the base game.

Based on how DLCs work its not feasible to have tight integration with the existing mechanics. This is why DLCs in the lazier paradox titles like EU4 just have minigame menus or buttons that are totally divorced from the rest of the game.

If they make a DLC as impactful as say sea travel or more merchant mechanics its basically going to be another standalone game tacked onto the existing game rather than an interesting or meaningful combination with the base game.
Lately their DLCs (For EU4) are more content based, like an expansion. A group of countries gets a boat load of new missions, events and flavor. I think thats better than 2 new buttons.

I can think of several. Top of them is Chaos rebelion. All clans in kingdoms rebel eachother. And marriage with daughters is how they form alliance and rebuild.

the vanilla game? there's not much else worth adding from it - and dont say feasts, they were fun exactly one time and that's it.
most people are fond of the mods for warband
Feasts weren't just a "one time fun" thing, they were a tool for the player AND an immersive component that brought life to the game. It was a tool because it served as a way to raise relationships with lords and court ladies, in this case, it can still be used, but instead TW made relationships useless as they serve no purpose. It was an immersive components because lords activities weren't just raising armies, they were also having a life. Marriages for example, no longer require you to participate in a feast, as Lords would have done... instead they have been turned into another *grind the game* 2 minutes activity that show a cutscene and you're good to go get castles and lose them over and over.

Again, it's not just them existing as a novelty, it's their usability and worldbuilding component what's important, same thing can be said about conspiring against other lords, and courtship that served as a way of extending the timeframe between the stages of the game (getting married in early game without a cent and no renown is ridiculous and lame).

Then you have conspiring against lords, ACTUAL renown and ACTUAL relationships, which meant that you couldnt just lead armies and lords just by killing looters and grinding influence, you had to actually make important deeds for people to trust you with their men.

Regarding mods, yeah, mods added the other 50% that made Warband good, and you can see Taleworlds just keeps adding features from them, formation focusing being the most recent, present in a lot of mods, but Taleworlds keeps forgetting the importance of diplomacy mods, and the importance of adding interesting characters (PoP, ACOK) into the game to make it feel alive for once. So yeah, you can include Warband mods to what I've said.

I really don't care about feasts one way or the other, but I think that they should think about integrating the core features of Freelancer/Serve as a Soldier (as well as Distinguished Service) to either the base game or as a DLC.

They also really need to add alternative game starting stages such as Bandit, Merchant, Mercenary, Vassal & Ruler like in the mod "Cultured Start". This is such an essential thing to have in a sandbox game that I'm really weirded out that I almost never see any discussion on the subject.

DLC is just rushing things. This beta patch is barely stable and they still have more promises to keep. I rather overhauls and total conversion mods than DLC at this point.

I really don't care about feasts one way or the other, but I think that they should think about integrating the core features of Freelancer/Serve as a Soldier (as well as Distinguished Service) to either the base game or as a DLC.

They also really need to add alternative game starting stages such as Bandit, Merchant, Mercenary, Vassal & Ruler like in the mod "Cultured Start". This is such an essential thing to have in a sandbox game that I'm really weirded out that I almost never see any discussion on the subject.
Just more combat it gets boring. The game needs intrigue that builds story and gives motivation.

Serve as a soldier & Distinguished Service are roleplay & immersion mods more than anything.
I get you i have used both and there good but i would like more added peace time feature. Once you start getting enough passive money i don't do quest very much. But if you could have things like Assassins ,thugs, spies, blackmail, kidnapping, robbery and set things in motion against clans or kingdoms i think it would bring alot to the game than just more combat.

Last edited:

6daefb79d4c3b497e86fffc81252f198.jpg

Me trying to explain the delicate intricacies of how not having feasts represent a bigger problem and a general lack of substantial and immersive features, and it's not just an isolated missing feature to a community that just wants more battle additions.

Jk I will ways advocate for serve as a soldier too, it's one of my faves Warband mods, the problem is that once you're done being a soldier you're back in the same boring gameplay loop

Back
Top Bottom