Users who are viewing this thread

I would also like this tbh. I was a bit shocked it wasn't in.

However to those people saying get good. Man its single player, if it was multi then fine I understand wanting the option to restrict but single player, let people play how they like. It's a game it is meant to be enjoyable.

That's why we're here -- to find out.

I think that everyone simply assumed that there would be an auto option since the auto option was actually the default option in all of their other games, but could be toggled off if one so desired. We simply need a developer response on this. There is a large segment of the playerbase who will lose interest in the game over this -- myself included.

I've been playing Mount and Blade since 2006, and I can tell you with great certainty that I have zero interest in the single player campaign if I have to use manual blocking. Manual blocking is great for multiplayer. It is garbage for single player. And I mostly play single player.

I just want to know what their plan is. Right now I'm sitting with the game refunded but game files still installed until we get clarification. If auto blocking is on the roadmap, I will repurchase. If it's simply out as a feature, I do not want the game. It's that simple.

i agree 100% we just need an official answer to this not some dodgy comment after a review...we need an official statement on whether auto block will become a feature or not but for the love of this game and 12 years of playing the frachise i hope they implement it!

Yes please. Response needed. Let's not argue here or discuss the merits of one blocking system or another. I would just like to know what to expect.

Though I do think the developers should read through those threads.

Last edited:
I had a good look through all the comments on this thread. I honestly think that this will be addressed soon. You will need to wait tought. This is not the full game and when this early access was announced they clearly announced that this is not the full Mount and blade experience. There are many features missing[not developed yet] and many features blocked by purpose [not working properly]. My suggestion would be that if you don't want to face the problems and bugs this game brings at this stage hold your urge to buy the game now and wait until further release. Also auto blocking will be easily implemented by the community or even the developers later on due to the fact that people want it so much. Easy fix right now(use a shield). ?️??

Theres no reason for it to not be in the game, thats true. But seeing how toxic the dumbasses needing autoblock are then i hope that they dont add it into the game.
Have you read the topic? People that like or need the feature are posting to ask for the game to be fixed since it's a core feature of the game series since the beginning, but we have been harassed and trolled by those that opposed the idea and think that are better than the rest just because they use manual block, a feature that was added during the game series development.

Honestly, there are much bigger concerns that auto-blocking at the moment. While I wish you all get your auto-blocking eventually, I hope the devs don't waste their time on a luxury feature when major crashes, missing dialogue, missing core features, ect. need to be added or fixed.

Everyone whining about how the game is bad because they don't have the skill to play it should read up on the Cuphead tutorial incident. A reviewer from a mainstream gaming website gave Cuphead (which is considered one of the best games of 2017) a terrible review because he spent 26 minutes on the tutorial and couldn't beat it. If you have legitimate gripes about the game feel free to bash the game about that, but don't solely bash the game because it's too hard for you (that is what refunds are for).

Honestly, there are much bigger concerns that auto-blocking at the moment. While I wish you all get your auto-blocking eventually, I hope the devs don't waste their time on a luxury feature when major crashes, missing dialogue, missing core features, ect. need to be added or fixed.

Would it be that hard to give a statement though? To let us know it's on the roadmap for release? We don't need it NOW, obviously.

Everyone whining about how the game is bad because they don't have the skill to play it should read up on the Cuphead tutorial incident. A reviewer from a mainstream gaming website gave Cuphead (which is considered one of the best games of 2017) a terrible review because he spent 26 minutes on the tutorial and couldn't beat it. If you have legitimate gripes about the game feel free to bash the game about that, but don't solely bash the game because it's too hard for you (that is what refunds are for).

First, this is very dismissive of peoples' concerns, and yet another way of wording "git gud". When the franchise has been around for 15+ years now, and auto-directional blocking has been an option since the beginning, it's not surprising that people expect and want that feature. Second, this isn't even close to the Cuphead incident, because it's not one moron that can't figure it out, it's a LOT of people (go check the Steam forums and Reddit) who UNDERSTAND the blocking system but just do not enjoy it at all.

And this is partially my fault, but I just initially assumed that the feature was just not in EA yet (but intended, having been a core option of the franchise for over a decade) so I played more than two hours. So no refund for me if they decide they aren't going to add this.

I don’t think the point is to bash the game here. I haven’t seen anyone in this thread suggest that Bannerlord is unequivocally bad because there’s no auto-block. The general theme among supporters of auto-block is that it would make their play through more enjoyable (less stressful) and less restrictive. As it is now a lot of people feel like they can’t get away with playing certain builds they would like to use such as 2h without turning their gaming experience into a stressful nightmare.

Would it be that hard to give a statement though? To let us know it's on the roadmap for release? We don't need it NOW, obviously.

First, this is very dismissive of peoples' concerns, and yet another way of wording "git gud". When the franchise has been around for 15+ years now, and auto-directional blocking has been an option since the beginning, it's not surprising that people expect and want that feature. Second, this isn't even close to the Cuphead incident, because it's not one moron that can't figure it out, it's a LOT of people (go check the Steam forums and Reddit) who UNDERSTAND the blocking system but just do not enjoy it at all.

And this is partially my fault, but I just initially assumed that the feature was just not in EA yet (but intended, having been a core option of the franchise for over a decade) so I played more than two hours. So no refund for me if they decide they aren't going to add this.
I got a refund after 2:58. I would recommend still requesting one if you are so inclined. I went in to find the option to turn on auto block after about 2:30 of not having fun. Did some research. Found it was apparently intended. Had my refund shortly thereafter.

I don’t think the point is to bash the game here. I haven’t seen anyone in this thread suggest that Bannerlord is unequivocally bad because there’s no auto-block. The general theme among supporters of auto-block is that it would make their play through more enjoyable (less stressful) and less restrictive. As it is now a lot of people feel like they can’t get away with playing certain builds they would like to use such as 2h without turning their gaming experience into a stressful nightmare.
+1 fully agree with all of your statement

I'm seriously pissed off with TW rep comment, that is extremely ignorant and disrespectful to their long-standing fans, what they did.
Unfortunately, they are not the first company I see catering to MP audience, and completely ****ting on SP one.

Oh hohoho I guess you don't know the best part of this whole launch then, the game is actually ruined for MP players as well. Nearly a year of beta suggestions were completely ignored by the devs and MP was butchered and left in a sad state that is mount&blade in name only. TW has alienated both single and multiplayer fans with their terrible decisions and hubris in thinking they know better than the legions of fans who have clocked thousands of hours over a decade and who told them exactly what was good and what was bad and needed change.

If its not enjoyable, then don't play it? While I do sympathize with you not being able to get your refund, publicly bashing the game because of its difficulty is childish, because that's what this thread boils down to. It's equivalent to CoD removing it's "aim-assist", it makes the game harder, but doesn't actually change the substance of the game at all. The story is the same, the game-play is the same, the features are the same. It's just harder.

As for the people with disabilities who actually have legitimate concerns, I'm fairly certain attacking is still mouse-directional/movement directional just like blocking. So if their disabilities affect them so badly that they can't block, how can they attack? The AI's sword blocking is nearly perfect, and don't get me started on trying to get past an AI's shield. They'd need auto-attack or aim-assist to compensate. Melee combat itself is non-playable for them, riding horses and using lances requires more multitasking and reflexes than blocking. For people with disabilities there has to be more than just auto-block, to make the game enjoyable (by your logic). They'd need auto-block, auto-aim, auto-move. I'm all for accommodating the disabled and would love to see this implemented for the disabled who truly need it to enjoy the game.

If its not enjoyable, then don't play it? While I do sympathize with you not being able to get your refund, publicly bashing the game because of its difficulty is childish, because that's what this thread boils down to. It's equivalent to CoD removing it's "aim-assist", it makes the game harder, but doesn't actually change the substance of the game at all. The story is the same, the game-play is the same, the features are the same. It's just harder.

As for the people with disabilities who actually have legitimate concerns, I'm fairly certain attacking is still mouse-directional/movement directional just like blocking. So if their disabilities affect them so badly that they can't block, how can they attack? The AI's sword blocking is nearly perfect, and don't get me started on trying to get past an AI's shield. They'd need auto-attack or aim-assist to compensate. Melee combat itself is non-playable for them, riding horses and using lances requires more multitasking and reflexes than blocking. For people with disabilities there has to be more than just auto-block, to make the game enjoyable (by your logic). They'd need auto-block, auto-aim, auto-move. I'm all for accommodating the disabled and would love to see this implemented for the disabled who truly need it to enjoy the game.
Incorrect. Features are not the same. Auto blocking was the default setting of all previous titles. If the features were the same, there would be an auto block option.

The default feature which most people used has been removed. That is the issue.

some shields have block directions too...
Directional shield blocking has been reasonably well implemented, in that you can still block sometimes even if you don't get it 100% perfect.

However, I personally find 1 handed/shield to be a bit boring from a gameplay perspective, and would really like to be able to use a variety of weapons without suffering for it. If I have to use 1 handed/shield to be able to play, I simply wont play, as that is not fun or enjoyable.

Auto block made it easy to fight against 1, maybe even 2 people, but was not a "win button" as the tryhards around here are implying. You could not use it to guarantee a win against many opponents. It was well balanced for those who simply wanted the game to be an enjoyable experience.

I didn't read your comment and now I'm personally feeling offended, despite the fact that you're probably not talking about me.

Everyone whining about how the game is bad because they don't have the skill to play it should read up on the Cuphead tutorial incident.

Thanks for not reading my comment and taking it personally. Don't bash the game because it is too difficult for you. You shouldn't give games negative reviews based on difficulty, as it is too subjective a metric to objectively critique a game on. This is why people think you guys are toxic.

Thanks for not reading my comment and taking it personally. Don't bash the game because it is too difficult for you. You shouldn't give games negative reviews based on difficulty, as it is too subjective a metric to objectively critique a game on. This is why people think you guys are toxic.
Not critiquing the game based upon difficulty. I can play it as it is... it's just not fun to do so. I am critiquing it based upon the fact that they took away the features that made it fun.

Back
Top Bottom