SP - General A bit of money for our poor lords.

Users who are viewing this thread

At the moment Bannerlord has realistic economy and that's good. Lords get money, lords spend it on troops, etc. However, money the lord gets from fiefs is barely enough to sustain his castles. After a few big battles the losing side is almost pennyless and can't assemble an army, and that leads to a snowballing. I suggest to make town NPCs (Artisans, gang leaders etc.) companions for clans so clans would profit from workshops and caravans. Moreover, it would me good to implement some features that would stop factions from completely destroying each other in war. For example, peace treaty should include not only money (because losing side would spend all their money on troops), but also options to give something to the winning side, promise money etc. Maybe the winning faction wouldn't be very happy with war because it stops them from trading and that ****s up their economy.

i agree,lord need more methods to get money to keep or re-get their troop.i also think the lords need npc to be their partner as player

I like the dynamics of losing and winning battles they are going for. I don't like giving the AI a crutch and a safety net for the sake of it, and they spawn with a big army days after a loss. It's fake and makes me want to cheat and spawn some troops of my own lol

I like the dynamics of losing and winning battles they are going for. I don't like giving the AI a crutch and a safety net for the sake of it, and they spawn with a big army days after a loss. It's fake and makes me want to cheat and spawn some troops of my own lol
They don't spawn with armies at all dude. They have the same mechanisms player has: recruiting in settlements and taking troops from garrison.

+1, I recently had to desert Sturgia because they were getting destroyed by the Northern empire. The biggest parties in Sturgia had maybe 40-50 men, (not well trained) and many lords literally could not afford to buy food so all their men were counted as wounded and they were taken prisoner by looters. Raganvad himself for a time was taken prisoner by looters on AT LEAST a weekly basis.

100% agree with this thread but holy hell how awesome is it that they're trying to make it like this to begin with? Right now it needs tweaking, but I'm also pretty happy they're trying to create an actual simulation rather than just spawning in things, even if it does mean we have to suffer through some severe growing pains.

100% agree with this thread but holy hell how awesome is it that they're trying to make it like this to begin with? Right now it needs tweaking, but I'm also pretty happy they're trying to create an actual simulation rather than just spawning in things, even if it does mean we have to suffer through some severe growing pains.
Agreed this games amazing no wonder they're taking so long to make it. There are a lot of moving parts. It just needs tweaking maybe put buffers in place to slow down the steam rolls.

They should just make defeated lords stay for a while in their fiefs "licking their wounds" after a defeat, once they get enough cash they should take some veterans from their garrison to act as a retinue (and avoid them being easily taken by looters)and only then should they resume their actions to go out and recruit troops and all else, this alone would fix the easily defeated lords i believe.

Also anyone noticed it's quite easy for lords to be captured? It seems nearly every fight, there are captured lords.

Also anyone noticed it's quite easy for lords to be captured? It seems nearly every fight, there are captured lords.
I'm pretty sure that is intended, and it makes sense. How the hell is a lord who I knocked out cold and is lying on the ground, surrounded by men, supposed to escape?

Back
Top Bottom