2nd Balance Patch: design insights + full changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Any chance of seeing a couchable lance-without-a-shield perk combo for light cav again?
Haven't played this new balance patch yet but the heavy cav speeds vary quite a bit, the mameluke compared to the Vlandian Knight or Sturgian heavy cav is a torpedo whilst the other two are frustratingly slow.
Hoping the dash/weight change will help this ^^

even if it goes unsaid we really appreciate the work youre putting in to save what is regarded as a sinking (sunk) ship

If it was like this from the beginning we wouldnt have had the crushthrough update which killed tournaments in NA and the scene in general.

An archer would say that O_O
Yep, exactly what i expected to hear from an archer.

Also, is there some buffs to khazuit spearman ? It's one of the two factions without high armor infantry, and it's unbearable to play as. (edit: oh, it got buffed in meantime)

Last edited:
Basically trying to improve all the underused perks and light versions. How often did a good archer actually go improved armor? I honestly think people went that perk more becauae they wanted to use the cape they bought for inf. Not because it was good. Glaive has pretty much been only non-bow main perk worth using thus far.

This patch can only be archer buff if you spam light archer. And I mean. I think it is a buff if you have between 330 and 360 gold maybe. I'd mix equal or more heavy archer elsewhere.

Nice to see Sturgia archer is a bit more viable now. Comparing it and Varyag was kinda sad.

(I'd still be interested in light archers being much faster. Yes, being able to kite. At the cost of raw dmg)

Hey everyone!
We have just sent a small fix for some multiplayer issues and balance. The three things it does:
  • Fixed the "Fighter" perk for the Khans Guard
  • Nerfed "Hunter" perk for archer classes
    • Damage to Horses 75% -> 50%
    • Now only works with ranged weapons
  • Decreased throwing axes accuracy
Also thank you all for your feedback. We will keep a close eye to the meta and see how especially the archers develop, I already have a few things in mind. Also we will soon be tackling captain mode adjustments as well as new content, stay tuned!

Cav is still way too impactful. There must be a skirmish tournament with no limits to truly see it. Everything that you guys did recently has improved the balance but the game will be balanced when cav is on the same level as inf and archers.

Cav is still way too impactful. There must be a skirmish tournament with no limits to truly see it. Everything that you guys did recently has improved the balance but the game will be balanced when cav is on the same level as inf and archers.
I mean, when you're playing Cavalry, you have the downside of making yourself a bigger target for archers to shoot. I think it might be worth it to make it so melee attack animations while mounted cannot be interrupted by ranged attacks, with throwing spears being the main exception.

That way, bodyshots can be punished when trying to use them against a mounted player

Well. Cav is going to survive longer now, so have fun with that. I just hope we don't see a repeat of cav dominating.

(And this makes this an archer nerf patch btw. Tbf this goes in line with making less perks autopick, which is good.)

Last edited:
@NIN3 First of all, thanks to you for being committed to togetherness and explaining your decisions to the community. I am actually looking forward to test the new patch.

However, I don't understand why the cost of cav was reduced in Siege. The problem with cav has always been their dominant numbers on the battlefield. This made Siege in particular a frustrating and one-sided mess that forcefully prevented any infantry action on many flags.

Also, I don't understand why the warband series, which is known for large battles with many players, suddenly turns to a completely new 12 player mode with a meager armory for all game modes.

Will Siege mode be balanced and expanded separately in the future?
Will Siege be competitive again and thus bring back many clans for a better overall gaming experience?
What else can we expect in the future?

• Nerfed "Hunter" perk for archer classes
    • Damage to Horses 75% -> 50%
    • Now only works with ranged weapons

broo... For me cav was in the right spot - they had to think about gameplay to still carry the team. Throwable nerf was resonable because they were too op (and imo now they are pretty useless due to high % of dmg reduced). But with archers nerf against cav we are again going to point when cavs gonna "haha my horse goes BRRR through everything, its literally hedgehog and still has half HP". If we want balanced game we can't do everything if favour of horsies. Cavs gonna be again tanks while archers will die from 1 stab...

broo... For me cav was in the right spot - they had to think about gameplay to still carry the team. Throwable nerf was resonable because they were too op (and imo now they are pretty useless due to high % of dmg reduced). But with archers nerf against cav we are again going to point when cavs gonna "haha my horse goes BRRR through everything, its literally hedgehog and still has half HP". If we want balanced game we can't do everything if favour of horsies. Cavs gonna be again tanks while archers will die from 1 stab...
.... The nerf to the perk was necessary because it was a mindless pick, now cav needs to be nerfed to accommodate for this. Small steps are better than large steps and going back and forth.

Throwing axes are way too powerful against shields, mostly you only need 2 throwing axes to break a shield.

Also a concrete measure against the overperforming Aserai Jereed has been made, by reducing its damage.
I hesitate to ask, but I wonder if your numbers are being thrown off because no one has fixed the 14-stack Jareed bug on "Rapid Throws" yet?

Captain mode description of Rapid Throws says "+5" jareeds, grants +10.

All of the Shield-Destruction discussion is irrelevant to Captain as shields are impossible to destroy for all intents and purposes there. The mode would be more interesting if shield-destruction were a consideration when picking your loadout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom