Resolved Particle Editor 1.6.4 Waterfall hard coded settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.6.4.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Editing instances of waterfall particle systems I can change spawner shape emissions offsets and emissions rotations for both the emitter and thin splashes to custom settings. However, these revert to preset/prefab original values (unlike other settings customised) after saving and reloading. This remains the case even after breaking the prefab. After customising the perfect shape, it's frustrating to have it reverted/corrupted on saving. As other settings are customisable, I assume this is a bug.

screenshot customised:
f5tbh.jpg

screenshot reverted after saving and reloading:
XRLvt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@MArdA TaleWorlds the official waterfall particle systems are set up with a LOD3 that lacks emitters, which culls any waterfalls at 180 metres. I understand this may be a choice for Calradia's optimisation, but consider it too heavy handed for modders. Had it been set up with LOD3 emitters with zero emissions these could have been modded.
So to avoid the hardcoded LOD3 cull I need to make my own particle system. It would be nice if the resource browser allowed a create override option for particle systems, but it doesn't. They have to be created again from scratch, setting up all the same stats.
Having created my own version, I found that if I edited an instance in the scene editor and added a local y force it worked until saved. At which point it moved the local y force to a y gravity and zeroed my z gravity! It seems that it is only possible to edit a local y force in an instance if that was also set up with an initialising value when the particle system was created.
So, while I now have something that works, I believe you should consider particle system overrides, removing culling LOD3s and adding some warnings about editing uninitialized zero values in a particle instance in the scene editor.
RFln8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom