Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I'll be asking here since I haven't found any relevant answer elsewhere:

In an earlier dev update (Sept. 2020), there was something about a multiplayer replay system, has the idea been abandonned? It seemed like it was on a good path to come out, but it didn't. I'd love to work on MP cinematic replays, but to be honnest with spec mode you can only go so far. Should I quit hoping for that feature? I feel like there are a ton of Bannerlord content creators that are super talented, but lack the means to do really cool stuff.

Hey, I'll be asking here since I haven't found any relevant answer elsewhere:

In an earlier dev update (Sept. 2020), there was something about a multiplayer replay system, has the idea been abandonned? It seemed like it was on a good path to come out, but it didn't. I'd love to work on MP cinematic replays, but to be honnest with spec mode you can only go so far. Should I quit hoping for that feature? I feel like there are a ton of Bannerlord content creators that are super talented, but lack the means to do really cool stuff.
I think it's not off the table... but I'm not sure.

Maybe @Piconi @Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds can give a more accurate estimate

maybe all the kings go offensive stance by defualt?
You mean defensive? Idk if the AI uses the war stances.

Army Ai used to be good but has declined to the point where it's just super easy to take whatever town or castle you want because no armies will show up to defend it.

Exactly. I never see armies defend besieged settlements anymore and barely see armies team up to besiege towns. I can pretty much besiege with impunity because no AI armies will try to stop me, barely have battles against armies.

Army AI used to be good, what happened?

Defend they never or rarely do anymore I agree, the AI is hellbent on conquest at all cost it seems.
Epicroeta under siege by an army of 1200 Battanians.
Battania have the nearby castle Macalova or how its spelled.
NE have 1 army with 300, another with 1000 and final with roughly 500(bit under).
So do they defend Epicroeta or liberate/conquer the castle.
Now if you guessed conquer the castle you are correct.(no prize though).
Meanwhile they lost Epicroeta, and then peace was struck..

As for sieges though and the armies forming up, I see that all the time on this patch.
The worst was the "horde" the Khuzait formed up which was 3 big armies with in total 2100 units in it..
I did not win that defensive siege..(read not my town they sieges, so there was 120 + milita, and my puny 75 troops vs that massive army).
Merc for Sturgia, Tyal, Ulriksala castle + Vladiv did fall to it, before they lost steam and disbanded, and then reformed into smaller armies, which the Sturgians ate for lunch, but naturally peace was struck once Vladiv was reconquered(because the NE declared war on Khuzait.)

So the ai sometimes do form massive armies and siege like crazy, they do not as I've seen do much defense unless their numbers is vastly bigger than the besiegers, 500 army siegeing a castle, will get roflstomped by defenders when they are 1000+.

I think it could be something wrong with a bonus attackers get perhaps?

Defend they never or rarely do anymore I agree, the AI is hellbent on conquest at all cost it seems.
Epicroeta under siege by an army of 1200 Battanians.
Battania have the nearby castle Macalova or how its spelled.
NE have 1 army with 300, another with 1000 and final with roughly 500(bit under).
So do they defend Epicroeta or liberate/conquer the castle.
Now if you guessed conquer the castle you are correct.(no prize though).
Meanwhile they lost Epicroeta, and then peace was struck..
Yeah this is pretty much how it goes every time. I've seen an AI army defend a besieged settlement once on the past couple of patches. A settlement was under siege, nearby a friendly army of a similar size to the besiegers was 'patrolling', I formed an army larger than both and waited close to the besieging army, only then did the friendly army come to the defence of the town. If that friendly army had attacked without my help and combined with the garrison it could have easily defeated the besiegers.

So it does seem like they are just far too timid about engaging in battle. Like they need a massive advantage to do so.

I hope this can be improved in the next patch. Just makes things so easy for the player.

Look at the video game industry and lay offs. 2700 announced between Sony and EA this month with over 10,000 last year also. With the issues in Turkey, there is no way Taleworld hasn't been effected. Only difference is TW tries to keep it a secret instead of telling the community, being open and honest with us. Having problems and letting your community know is much better than keeping things hush hush. People just want to know what's going on and will applaud you for transparency. Worse to just keep quiet and have everyone wonder what's going on. I've said it for years, "communication is key to maintaining a good relationship with your community". Look at posts, people aren't asking for a patch, most comments are "when". They just want info, one of the easiest things a company can do. It's takes a lot more work to code a game, then type a couple sentences on your keyboard

Look at the video game industry and lay offs. 2700 announced between Sony and EA this month with over 10,000 last year also. With the issues in Turkey, there is no way Taleworld hasn't been effected. Only difference is TW tries to keep it a secret instead of telling the community, being open and honest with us. Having problems and letting your community know is much better than keeping things hush hush. People just want to know what's going on and will applaud you for transparency. Worse to just keep quiet and have everyone wonder what's going on. I've said it for years, "communication is key to maintaining a good relationship with your community". Look at posts, people aren't asking for a patch, most comments are "when". They just want info, one of the easiest things a company can do. It's takes a lot more work to code a game, then type a couple sentences on your keyboard

Transparency from TW :wink:
Thats as likely as you escapeing a black hole :razz:

Joke aside, no doubt specially with the insane inflation in Turkey not helping the issue I suspect.
This have been an issue with this gamedeveloper since forever imo..

Such a different experience with Larian and their feedback during development and after.

Part of the problem is also to some degree imo that suddenly some gem of information is given on page 26 on bug report and not being highlighted to the community.

As for specific dates I can see from their PoV that its hard to say a date, and also not to disappoint if they cant make it.
But ideally they should have goals to aim for, and if they see they cant reach it, they let us know.
I think its better than just crickets, and then boom out of the blue the new patch hits with several new qol and improvments.

Good post. There's a total disconnect between the 'community managers' and the dev team. It's a case study in how not to foster a good community.

Back
Top Bottom