Can you fix Multiplayer already?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm a huge fan of this game, in particular the Multiplayer version of it (6,336 hours on record) over 95% of which is from Multiplayer. The ranked system you implemented back in patch 1.7.2 (around the time that NIN3 left the company) simply DOES NOT WORK. We haven't been able to play on the standard matchmaking system in over a year now. How can you change this? REMOVE THE RANKED SYSTEM and REVERT TO OLD MATCHMAKING SYSTEM..... It is the community that is keeping the Multiplayer scene alive, through discord and private servers to host ranked pickup matches for skirmish, various mods in the form of persistent empires, CRPG, Full invasion etc. If you want any sort of future in this game's community you need to fix your matchmaking system, that doesn't work. you cannot find a game currently of either skirmish or captain 6v6 when you search for it. Please fix your **** matchmaking system, for the sake of the community and game's future

This is a single player game, no one cares about your multiplayer, they should simply close off the multiplayer and stop wasting their time updating it. Go play Chivalry 2 if you want multiplayer experience, but Mount and Blade was and still is single player series.

This is a single player game, no one cares about your multiplayer, they should simply close off the multiplayer and stop wasting their time updating it. Go play Chivalry 2 if you want multiplayer experience, but Mount and Blade was and still is single player ser
I'm a big fan of the original Chivalry and other games similar in this genre like Mordhau but none of these games are similar to Mount & Blade's Multiplayer. The combat system is very different for a start and the various modes in Bannerlord e.g. skirmish, captain and battle are a lot more enjoyable than anything the other Medieval games have to offer. Also for the record I mostly play multiplayer games but on the occasion I want to play a single player game I would pick something like red dead 2, God of war franchise, something from the dark souls series over Bannerlord's mind numbing single player experience

+1

Jesus fuc*ing christ, I loved captain mode, it was the thing that keeping me around the game between single player games that I launched time to time. spent over 100+ hours just in this mode before full realise of the game, and then it's just become broken. Just like that, after nearly 2 years, one patch just broke half of the official multiplayer scene. I thought "2-3 months at the most" so I checked it, first once per week, then, once per month, then once per half of the year, and it's still broken. What the fuc*, we are getting closer and closer to a round year after a "full realise", 3 years after a open beta started, and multiplayer mode that worked even before open beta is now, still dead. It's not a minor issue, it's a whole brunch of multiplayer section that just stopped working.

Outside of events around 1% of all players at any one time play multiplayer (use steamdb and the server browser to check this). Taleworlds may have created this statistic but at this point they have no good reason to fix it.

Taleworlds may have created this statistic but at this point they have no good reason to fix it.
Make the game better and people will come back and new people will buy it. I don't think that they will actually LOSE money because of that, there is so many fans who would love to have a good and working multiplayer, and would give it a go once there is one.

Warband multiplayer community still lives, it's been 13 years and people are still playing. Why Bannerlord can't be like that? Bannerlord has all potential to become a great succesor, even at the current state of the game it's still fun to play it, all it needs is men power and caring developers.

Outside of events around 1% of all players at any one time play multiplayer (use steamdb and the server browser to check this). Taleworlds may have created this statistic but at this point they have no good reason to fix it.
Maybe more player would play multiplayer if it would not be broken and only working interesting thing that we now get is big closed private games? I remembered when in open beta, in ancient times of beta, when multiplayer worked, they proudly give the numbers of online players. I would love to go back to bannerlord multi, but I can't as my beloved mode is broken and others that work have some issues or don't receive anything new for the last year or so.

Even now we have patch that allow us to order archers to shot at specific enemy, that was something that mostly captain players wanted, it's so sad that I can't test it as captain mode don't work.

I'm a huge fan of this game, in particular the Multiplayer version of it (6,336 hours on record) over 95% of which is from Multiplayer. The ranked system you implemented back in patch 1.7.2 (around the time that NIN3 left the company) simply DOES NOT WORK. We haven't been able to play on the standard matchmaking system in over a year now. How can you change this? REMOVE THE RANKED SYSTEM and REVERT TO OLD MATCHMAKING SYSTEM..... It is the community that is keeping the Multiplayer scene alive, through discord and private servers to host ranked pickup matches for skirmish, various mods in the form of persistent empires, CRPG, Full invasion etc. If you want any sort of future in this game's community you need to fix your matchmaking system, that doesn't work. you cannot find a game currently of either skirmish or captain 6v6 when you search for it. Please fix your **** matchmaking system, for the sake of the community and game's future
Very true, bro

This is a single player game, no one cares about your multiplayer, they should simply close off the multiplayer and stop wasting their time updating it. Go play Chivalry 2 if you want multiplayer experience, but Mount and Blade was and still is single player series.
Please, run toward the wall and hit it with your head. Repeat.

M&B is multiplayer game, stop wasting time updating singleplayer part and focus on multiplayer.

Please, run toward the wall and hit it with your head. Repeat.

M&B is multiplayer game, stop wasting time updating singleplayer part and focus on multiplayer.
I agree I would go so far as to say that any thing that dog says shouldn’t be taken seriously

Unironically this, and I haven't even touched the singleplayer mode at all

Warband multiplayer community still lives, it's been 13 years and people are still playing. Why Bannerlord can't be like that? Bannerlord has all potential to become a great succesor, even at the current state of the game it's still fun to play it, all it needs is men power and caring developers.
I'm pretty sure Warband's multiplayer only worked because people had enough honor to not spam archers between the years 2017 and 2020. With the aforementioned honor in mind, I don't recall any faction being egregiously better or worse by such a huge margin that the game just plays itself, either.

Playing WB MP in current year is just an invitation to dying to archer spam.

On the topic of Bannerlord MP, trying to play it is a test in frustration because the matchup spread is all over the place to the point where the game either plays itself, or your faction's units are actually unplayable

Last edited:
Captain mode have never been in a worse state than this. Looking back, it's been one step after another leading up to this. It's not only how the first many patches destroyed the gameplay, with no fix from TW for years. It's also the constant nerfing and removal of key things in the mode, that changed the gameplay entirely. Now the meta is scatter and do your thing, get kills. There is no strategic obligations anymore, it have turned into an arcade. I told you so...

Unironically this, and I haven't even touched the singleplayer mode at all

I'm pretty sure Warband's multiplayer only worked because people had enough honor to not spam archers between the years 2017 and 2020. With the aforementioned honor in mind, I don't recall any faction being egregiously better or worse by such a huge margin that the game just plays itself, either.

Playing WB MP in current year is just an invitation to dying to archer spam.

On the topic of Bannerlord MP, trying to play it is a test in frustration because the matchup spread is all over the place to the point where the game either plays itself, or your faction's units are actually unplayable
You are probably the only one who thinks that units are unplayable for example the imperial rec might not be the strongest in melee but you have darts use them first then fight

Alboin

Sergeant Knight at Arms
sergeant_knight_at_arms.png
· From Poland
Joined Apr 22, 2020

Actual veterans of this game who played hardcore both SP and MP are from 2014. Wtf do you want? Why do you say that noone care about MP as if its some universal truth and not just your sad noobish braindead opinion?! You prolly never played Warband.

How it goess noob buys bannerlord then joins a server plays a bit is having fun meets a mb veteran who’s played for 15 years + gets beaten to death over and over then he goes on the forum and complains

Alboin

Sergeant Knight at Arms
sergeant_knight_at_arms.png
· From Poland
Joined Apr 22, 2020

Actual veterans of this game who played hardcore both SP and MP are from 2014. Wtf do you want? Why do you say that noone care about MP as if its some universal truth and not just your sad noobish braindead opinion?! You prolly never played Warband.
Considering you have a very new account you're probably not the best person to say this. But as a 2017 account which for some reason gives me some credit, yes MP has been a big part of the community for a long time and it was even bigger in Warband the small size today is solely taleworlds messing up bannerlord mp.

The reasoning for no multiplayer is baffling shallow in this thread. You'd expect the little brain cells from these individuals to look around the gaming industry and see there are plenty of singleplayer experiences that have a great multiplayer experience.

You're bowing down to weak development of the devs, not of the idea itself of a good multiplayer.

There was a time this wasn't even a discussion because everyone knows the game had a potential. You're just now coming out with this "it's a singleplayer game so we shouldn't have expected good things" because you saw the final failed result.

The reasoning for no multiplayer is baffling shallow in this thread. You'd expect the little brain cells from these individuals to look around the gaming industry and see there are plenty of singleplayer experiences that have a great multiplayer experience.

You're bowing down to weak development of the devs, not of the idea itself of a good multiplayer.

There was a time this wasn't even a discussion because everyone knows the game had a potential. You're just now coming out with this "it's a singleplayer game so we shouldn't have expected good things" because you saw the final failed result.
With development being so slow what are people meant to do. The mp barely gets anything even though there's tons of potential. Taleworlds should probably hand the mp over to a player assembly made of the BRE, CC etc. I know the CC people for instance are very balance focused and do a better job than Taleworlds much of the time. Of course this would never happen as it is a shot in the dark but it's not without precedent, Blizzard handed starcraft 2 over to high level players for balancing when they no longer wanted to work on it and it generally looks like Taleworlds doesn't want to develop MP.

With development being so slow what are people meant to do. The mp barely gets anything even though there's tons of potential. Taleworlds should probably hand the mp over to a player assembly made of the BRE, CC etc. I know the CC people for instance are very balance focused and do a better job than Taleworlds much of the time. Of course this would never happen as it is a shot in the dark but it's not without precedent, Blizzard handed starcraft 2 over to high level players for balancing when they no longer wanted to work on it and it generally looks like Taleworlds doesn't want to develop MP.
Of course, it wouldn't happen because the community has asked to give balance to the community for the past 4 years. Aside from that, i wouldn't entrust it to a specific group. The whole point of the forum is that it would display issues and potential fixes for things, where everything would be under scrutiny.

Taleworlds has had a tool to get balance from the community for years.

What is infuriating in this forum is the sudden influx of idiots who think plugging the plug is somehow an option. They don't understand people don't want mordhau or chivalry because they don't come close to mount and blade. Notice how i say this and yet again and the same ones will argue over and over.

Back
Top Bottom