Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Are family members supposed to be moving around? I picked up my wife and dropped her in my castle so i could spend a few days with her trying to get her pregnant and she decided to leave and go to a town somewhere. Is this supposed to be happening? I thought they would stay in the place you dropped them off at? Wondering if it will do this for all family memberS?

Edit -- all family members you leave in a place seem to move around, my sister went to Odokh which isn't even in the same nation.

Last edited:
I also think I spent too much time on the "conspiracy" quests, as a result, I wasted time on other things. There might be something to think about on this subject. (like doing quests closer to the Kingdom we joined). And I stop there because I will be criticized for spamming the forum ....:sneaky:

You see a difference with 1.5.6 with the Sturgians ? I play them and I see them losing ground as usual.

i play a sturgian campaign, and it's quite interesting. their infantry now dominates.
they have won some settlements and lost some,
but in general they are very much playable in new patch.

Seems that, with the 1.5.6 patch, I cannot assign roles to my brother in the clan page. I have to talk to him from the party page and select the dialog option to change his role... This is silly...

Seems that, with the 1.5.6 patch, I cannot assign roles to my brother in the clan page. I have to talk to him from the party page and select the dialog option to change his role... This is silly...
Have you checked that you had not already assigned this role to a companion absent from your group?

Khuzaits still taking over the entire world. They owned half the world before 1.5.6.
I haven't played the latest patches, but as far as I know cavalry still has a 20% bonus in "troop power" during battles (except siege, not sure if it's for both attackers and defenders though). Unless something has changed in the way lords balance their parties, Khuzaits still have a lot of cavalry. This, coupled to the fact that cavalry is faster on the map, and the fact that lords don't need horses to upgrade their troops, makes Khuzaits lords roughly 20% stronger. Back in the days simply removing the cavalry bonus made sense, but now that the player has to buy horses it would be unfair.

I agree that having an ever-growing pool of immortal aristocrats would be non-fun. On the other hand, having my newly recruited siege experts, surgeons, and other totally inexperienced newbie companions repeatedly getting killed on their first battle is also non-fun (and pretty unrealistic--people like that would have been kept away from the the front lines in any historical situation). It was especially annoying since it was impossible, in game terms until yesterday. I started my campaign with "hero death" checked off, and lost three companions (with all their gear) before figuring out what was up.

[...]

In the long term, having some way of culling an infinitely growing pool of nobles might be needed. In the short-term, having no better and less distracting way of keeping vital support NPCs alive than fiddling around with micro-managing their non-participation in a battle seems less than optimal.

Personally I'd enjoy having the option to disable death by combat for everyone and to limit the amount of children one can have. Dying of old age does not bother me that much..

This patch has given me a massive performance regression. Saving takes more than a minute each time (requiring me to disable autosaves), loading menus takes minutes for each one (barter, trade, dialogue, after-battle items/prisoners, etc.), and entering a battle takes forever. Not sure why, but 1.5.5 was so much faster than this Beta.

And this is really annoying, when you press advance they should advance, but when you press attack archers should move to range and stay in the same position or even move back not forward if the enemy comes closer.
They only move forward a bit. It works pretty well actually. Like today I wanted them to stay out of throwing range and too my archers to advance and then they kept at their shorting distance, which is naturally longer than the throwing one.

In larger battles I have also used it if I need my archers to move away from enemy infantry, but things are too hectic to tell them exactly where to go.

O would suggest that you try it out, it is a really big improvement from just charging :smile:

I noticed some comments saying that it was difficult to make money and complaining about passive income, honestly I don't know how you guys play this game, I'm a mercenary and I just reached 1 Million just by fighting every party smaller than mine.
No caravans no Workshop, no fiefs, just loot and I'm buying every single horse/warhorse I can, even Aserai horses at prices such as 1.6K/unit and also I have all the food variety.

If you don't make money just stop upgrading your troops, mine are T2-T3 at most, except for noble who are trained until T6, and I auto battle every single fight.
Influence from mercenary is so OP (250Gold/influence right now for me with western empire) I don't know how anyone could be poor, just stack some money before going vassal or having your own kingdom.

O would suggest that you try it out, it is a really big improvement from just charging
Maybe l will test this in 1 year when the game becomes nice and stable in performance, I also need the space on my no-gaming laptop (i don't have the game installed) ?
I find it more interesting to navigate in the forums than playing the game, so no rush whatsoever.
I don't know how anyone could be poor
Third world players... (it's a joke)

Last edited:
This patch has given me a massive performance regression. Saving takes more than a minute each time (requiring me to disable autosaves), loading menus takes minutes for each one (barter, trade, dialogue, after-battle items/prisoners, etc.), and entering a battle takes forever. Not sure why, but 1.5.5 was so much faster than this Beta.
yes aving, switching screen after battle, from prisoners to loot is crazy needs TW attention

Happens to me too, maybe a bug...

Back
Top Bottom