Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

After main char died I lost all of my workshops.

I've also lost all of party inventory except the things that he was wearing. Do I kept armour, horse, weapons but lost 150 saddle horses and all the food.

Last edited:
Beta 1.5.6 is really good they have fixed so many things! Just the siege sometimes the troops have problems to choose to go on ladders, but they are working better than before at least! The battles are very balanced and tactical and quite hard, but i like it: war is not suppose to be easy!

If you're dumping lords into the world with birth you need to take them out of the world with death or the world will become over populated with lords.

They shouldn't separate the 2. One needs the other to function correctly.

Again, this is FALSE not only for a sandbox but the for the simple fact that it does not "have to" happen. Will deaths turned off you can still execute them. The death turned off is "deaths in battle" or aging. As I said before, there are multiple mods that have helped with end game being barren from lords dying and mods that allow people to increase the amount of children lords can have and no one using it was complaining about later game being too populated and unplayable but instead have said it made the game so much better.

Since when is OPTIONS the wrong thing for a sandbox? Let PLAYERS decided what to have on or off.

Again, this is FALSE not only for a sandbox but the for the simple fact that it does not "have to" happen. Will deaths turned off you can still execute them. The death turned off is "deaths in battle" or aging. As I said before, there are multiple mods that have helped with end game being barren from lords dying and mods that allow people to increase the amount of children lords can have and no one using it was complaining about later game being too populated and unplayable but instead have said it made the game so much better.

Since when is OPTIONS the wrong thing for a sandbox? Let PLAYERS decided what to have on or off.

So the solution is to make it impossible for your lords to die, but you keep gaining new ones as they're born and grow old?

So late game, every kingdom has 60-100 lords, all capable of creating armies.

That sounds like a blast. :wink:

Maybe the game designers want the game to have a bit of realism, instead of an ever growing army of invincible warlords.

Last edited:
So the solution is to make it impossible for your lords to die, but you keep gaining new ones as they're born and grow old?

From what I understood, his point is that death causes should be separated, so you have an option to toggle death by age and another to toggle death in battles.

I wasn't used to death in battles and sometimes it can be annoying to see a good companion die, but it brings me the feelings from Mordheim when a party member lost an arm, or got blinded after being spanked by Skaven. The possibility of heroes dying feel more appealing now, better than having immortals that would always be there, IMO.

[/QUOTE]
This i personaly dont like.I realy dont like that type of being all knowing god where you know everyone and everything in Calradia no matter of your status or if you ever encountered/interacted with the NPCs.This needs to be tweeked/changed or simply make optional and be on/of in the option menu
Agreed on this one... it's yet another reason to make the player avoid entering a city. It would be lovely if the encyclopedia would grow as you explore in the game, and that would give a reason to interact with bar keepers, villagers and the like.
I understand most people probably like this, and I believe the idea originated from a popular mod. I never used it though, and now I have to.

From what I understood, his point is that death causes should be separated, so you have an option to toggle death by age and another to toggle death in battles.

I wasn't used to death in battles and sometimes it can be annoying to see a good companion die, but it brings me the feelings from Mordheim when a party member lost an arm, or got blinded after being spanked by Skaven. The possibility of heroes dying feel more appealing now, better than having immortals that would always be there, IMO.

Yeah. I get that.

My point is if you're going to have an unlimited supply of reinforcements you need to have the ability for those lords to perish.

I'm a realist. Old age kills people. Medieval warlords have short life expectancy. They died all the time.

Why would anyone want to play a medieval war simulator where your warlords are invincible, they're immortal, and they have the ability to produce more immortal, invincible warlords.

Just crank the difficulty to super easy, exploit blacksmithing, and enjoy the cheese.

Not yet discussed but will offer it in next suggestion meeting. Thanks for reminding.

Thanks for screenshots provided @Neofenris.
1. I want all of the glorious graphs in game! +1 from me :smile:

2. Performance increase in my game: 16g ram w/ 1060 3g card and recommended nvidia settings. Medium-plus ish.

3. I’m also getting small stutters in campaign map, but like last time this was discussed, it appears to me to be related to autosaves causing a performance spike.

4. Target lock system works in battles but not in tournaments or arena. I likely won’t ever use it again and only did because my middle mouse button was rebound to that with the update :wink:
I can see benefit for some, though, and am guessing this is intended most with consoles in mind.

Last edited:
Yeah. I get that.

My point is if you're going to have an unlimited supply of reinforcements you need to have the ability for those lords to perish.

I'm a realist. Old age kills people. Medieval warlords have short life expectancy. They died all the time.

Why would anyone want to play a medieval war simulator where your warlords are invincible, they're immortal, and they have the ability to produce more immortal, invincible warlords.

Just crank the difficulty to super easy, exploit blacksmithing, and enjoy the cheese.

I agree, I want heroes to die and I don't want the devs to waste time trying to balance an overcrowding world because people don't want heroes to die in battle.

Had 1 freeze without a crash during a big battle right before the money shot after I positioned. Had to close in task manager.
Historically it's usually that situation when I get a frozen but it hasn't happened in a long tiem.

I agree, I want heroes to die and I don't want the devs to waste time trying to balance an overcrowding world because people don't want heroes to die in battle.
They could just add a option for no death but the PLAYER can have a few children. I guess that's what people want (like it was in early versions) but that was obviously a place holder for unfinished stuff.
I like death and birth and like 10% death chance, I'm kinda dreading if it goes down to 2% :sad:
Maybe 2% for simulated battlle and 10% for live to be more exciting for player. ANd disposing of husbandos.

The prisoner recruitment process has been changed completely.
  • Each troop has required "conformity" value to be generated by the party, to be recruited. This value is based on troop tier, so that higher tier troops will be harder to recruit. Owner party will generate conformity per hour for a random troop. Higher Leadership level will generate more conformity.
  • Recruiting bandits carries a culture penalty.
  • NPC lords can now recruit prisoners.
Can somebody explain this better. Is it random check each hour or is it like a value that adds up over time (randomly on a unit each hour)?
Basically in early game prisoners were turning about as expected, but now that I have 50 good war prisoners nobody has turned?
Will higher tier (4) units not turn until I have higher leadership? Or will is conformity slowly building up and just taking long because of many troop types?

Also, will tier 5 and 6 troops join now ?

Can you give more information about inventory problem you had with showing it in several screenshots. I asked qa team to examine this problem but they need more information (because it seems they could not face the problem in 1.5.6).
its simple when you click on the trades good tab
1st picture grain was always first and fish always second now everything is random, and it that way for every tab.
2nd picture look at horses tab, the harnesses are random, no alphabetical, value or armor order
3rd picture is how trade goods tab always looked pre 1.5.6
jgTYP.png

Fjskm.png

8fIzC.jpg

old age death was how we had it for 2 months and they just needed to add an option since it was already setup but also just because you want death doesn't mean devs shouldnt work on things because you don't like the option

Has anyone seen the new main quest line quest, I completed banner quest and started my own kingdom and still don't see it

No my solutions is what I said, not what you wanted me to say so you can cling to your opinion.

You cannot form an opinion that makes removing player choices make sense in a Sandbox game.

Also, literally1000s of people have already been playing this game with 100s of lords all capable of having armies via the extremely popular mods that help make it happen. And yes, a BLAST :party: and that can plainly be seen in the mods threads filled with comments about how great end game is with the changes.
Maybe the game designers want the game to have a bit of realism, instead of an ever growing army of invincible warlords.

Maybe the game designers need to be reminded that this is a sandbox and that players can decide themselves what they want...the fact any single person is arguing against the idea that players should be allowed to choose is laughable.

Last edited:
No my solutions is what I said, not what you wanted me to say so you can cling to your opinion.

You cannot form an opinion that makes removing player choices make sense in a Sandbox game.

Also, literally1000s of people have already been playing this game with 100s of lords all capable of having armies via the extremely popular mods that help make it happen. And yes, a BLAST :party: and that can plainly be seen in the mods threads filled with comments about how great end game is with the changes.

Maybe the game designers need to be reminded that this is a sandbox and that players can decide themselves what they want...the fact any single person is arguing against the idea that no one should be allowed to choose is laughable.
+1

Actually my point was to have births/no births as one option and deaths/no deaths as another option. If they want to add death from age as yet another, I would not argue. As is, you can still execute lords with death turned off. A sandbox game should not be placing to massive game changing options together, they should all be their own options so a player can play the way they choose to...like you expect in a sandbox.

There is no "balance" required just as there isnt if a player plays on easy and recieves little damage...developers are not going around making the game harder because people are selecting 1/3rd damage lol.

Maybe the game designers need to be reminded that this is a sandbox and that players can decide themselves what they want...the fact any single person is arguing against the idea that players should be allowed to choose is laughable.

I think since its a sandbox I should be able to use hand grenades, since its a sandbox.

I dont think you understand the definition of sandbox.

It doesnt mean you can play by whatever rules you want. It means you can travel wherever you want and chose your encounters following the rules created by the game.

Creating separate sets of rules requires developers to waste time balancing and creating content for people that want invincible warlords giving birth to an unlimited amount of invincible warlords. Its a complete waste of time.

I just don't see it happening. TW isn't going to waste the time on it when they've got their hands full creating a medieval war simulator where people can actually die in battle and have kids.

I think since its a sandbox I should be able to use hand grenades, since its a sandbox.

I dont think you understand the definition of sandbox.

It doesnt mean you can play by whatever rules you want. It means you can travel wherever you want and chose your encounters following the rules created by the game.

Creating separate sets of rules requires developers to waste time balancing and creating content for people that want invincible warlords giving birth to an unlimited amount of invincible warlords. Its a complete waste of time.
I just don't see it happening. TW isn't going to waste the time on it when they've got their hands full creating a medieval war simulator where people can actually die in battle and have kids.
Where people can die and have kids??? yet they have an option to turn it off. Also they had birth and old age death for months so having the option wouldn't take that much.
Honestly is it only a waste of time when it is something you don't want since I don't think it is and many others don't. I just get the feeling that anything you don't agree with is a waste of time.
Look at civ 6, how long has it been out, how many options do they have and they are still working on it. It's not a race. I am in favor on anything that offers more options for all whether I want it or not.
Or in that case why didn't we just keep old age death and birth only, since we had it for months. Why waste time now adding death in battles? Now they are dealing with a bug for simulated battles, and with lowering death rate from 10% to 2%. Seems like making death in battle is more a waste of time then just leaving it as old age.

Back
Top Bottom