In the new year TaleWorlds should put out a revised update about their plans and timings for the game

Users who are viewing this thread

What would 1.5.6 even include then?
New haircuts maybe? :wink:

But really, nobody knows it seems :sad: .

The last update is 5 weeks old, there is like zero official information about the next update.

Is it really too much to ask for a simple update like: "Expect feature X in the next update which will be ready in (we don´t know yet / about 1-2 weeks / next year) or whatever.

Last edited:

The last update is 5 weeks old, there is like zero official information about the next update.

Is it really too much to ask for a simple update like: "Expect feature X in the next update which will be ready in (we don´t know yet / about 1-2 weeks / next year) or whatever.
If only the other dev's were like Mexxico and actually talked to us about what they're working on.

I can never tell if TW just doesn't care about us or doesn't even know themselves

While I disagree with most of the negativity on the forums I definitely agree that communication sucks. The last development update is from October if I remember correctly, it would be nice to know what they are working on without stalking mexxico.

If only the other dev's were like Mexxico and actually talked to us about what they're working on.
They already said most of company employees not very good in english, and explaining technical stuff is expecially hard in english. Maybe they don't even understand most of the feedback :xf-grin:

They already said most of company employees not very good in english, and explaining technical stuff is expecially hard in english. Maybe they don't even understand most of the feedback :xf-grin:
Yeah, if they can't speak English then I get it, it's fair enough. I do think that's where the community managers could come into play though since most of them do speak English.

Then have a community manager who speaks both and have them in charge of replies and status updates.

They shouldn't even need the devs to update us, let them focus on development. For a company that made a killing off of us, hiring someone in charge of communications should have been an immediate step.

That's why people shouldn't expect devs to be super interactive with the community. That's not in their job description after all.
That being said, they are not explaining anything in Turkish forum either, they are even less active in Turkish forum than English forum, so I think this is just a super lame excuse.
Still, this is CM's job anyway. It's literally his only job - apart from writing changelogs - which isn't happening frequently so that can't be an excuse. I'm seeing same forum nicknames in various forum threads than I see the CM himself. I obviously don't follow him in every thread but I'm not seeing his name in many threads that are suggesting something, asking questions, demanding answers etc. I'm not seeing him in this thread, for example - which I think is a pretty non-aggressive thread in essence. It could be that he is overflowed with tons of works - that's understandable, but if that's the case, he should request for assistance and TW should hire someone else too.

That's why people shouldn't expect devs to be super interactive with the community. That's not in their job description after all.
That being said, they are not explaining anything in Turkish forum either, they are even less active in Turkish forum than English forum, so I think this is just a super lame excuse.
Still, this is CM's job anyway. It's literally his only job - apart from writing changelogs - which isn't happening frequently so that can't be an excuse. I'm seeing same forum nicknames in various forum threads than I see the CM himself. I obviously don't follow him in every thread but I'm not seeing his name in many threads that are suggesting something, asking questions, demanding answers etc. I'm not seeing him in this thread, for example - which I think is a pretty non-aggressive thread in essence. It could be that he is overflowed with tons of works - that's understandable, but if that's the case, he should request for assistance and TW should hire someone else too.

They definitely need to either replace him or hire others. TW presence on the forums is practically non-existent. The majority of the time you wouldn't even know they had a CM

Dejan said Callum manages moderation,social media stuff meanwhile Dejan checks the community side.

Maybe they should hire some "forum diggers" that speak fluently english and turkish, to report the dev team the best suggestions/feedback. Community manager is not exactly the same work.

"forum diggers"
Strange choice of words :smile:

Dejan said Callum manages moderation,social media stuff meanwhile Dejan checks the community side.
This makes much more sense. Although I'm not entirely sure if Dejan is also able to catch up with all the piling up requests and whatnot. I'm seeing him more active than Callum in the forum though, which is good. But still, I don't think he is as active as he should be. I cannot say that he should be active 24/7, since this is a job, he should be in certain regulations and should work like a normal person, but posting something once in the three days ( which is his average cycle as far as I can see ) is not enough for the community with big question marks on their minds. Again, not to point fingers but if capacity isn't enough, they should seek to find a workaround for that. This issue also has Reddit-side as well - which also gets quite a bit attention by the users and games also promote their stuff through that community as well.

They definitely need to either replace him or hire others. TW presence on the forums is practically non-existent. The majority of the time you wouldn't even know they had a CM
I don't even expect them to reply to forum threads. It's enough if they read them. They should post monthly development updates though, where they tell us something about current progress, future plans and also address the most common topics on the forum.

PS
As I said earlier, the last official update is from October:

fRTYL.png

Posting weekly updates shouldn't be hard right? Look:

Hello everyone!

Last week we were working on
  • bla
  • bla
  • bla
  • bla
  • bla
We completed 2 of these and now that we finished them we are going to work on
  • bla
  • bla
Milestones:
  • Smithing fix (halfway done)
  • AI improvements (too early to say)
  • Snowballing fixes (almost finished)
  • blabla (blabla)
See you next week!

Now this is probably a bit "unprofessional" right, posting weekly updates is a more mod developing thing, however if we ask players about this. I'm sure %99 of the players will agree. Posting monthly updates should be hard, random bugs can appear but weekly updates? You can always say "we faced with a bug so we are currently working to fix that instead of working on that feature." in the next weeks update

Last post I found is by mexxico who wasn't sure if rebellions make it into 1.5.6 or 1.5.7.

Maybe there is another post that I missed though.

Rebellions will be included in 1.5.6 as I know. However there will not be a special mission for rebellions. If loyality of a town is less than a threshold there will be a rebellion and a new clan will created and that town will leave its actual kingdom. 60-70% of rebellions will end with old owner kingdom to recapture settlement again (with a siege) and kill new created rebel clan. Others will be succesfull and join another kingdom (mostly same culture one if they did not rebel aganist them of course). Actually I did not coded these parts but I am checking if there are any side effects and trying to keep things in balance.

Last edited:
Rebellions will be included in 1.5.6 as I know. However there will not be a special mission for rebellions. If loyality of a town is less than a threshold there will be a rebellion and a new clan will created and that town will leave its actual kingdom. 60-70% of rebellions will end with old owner kingdom to recapture settlement again (with a siege) and kill new created rebel clan. Others will be succesfull and join another kingdom (mostly same culture one). Actually I did not coded these parts but I am checking if there is any side effects and trying to hold things in balance.
Very very nice, makes me more excited for the patch.

You're a hero Mexxico, we can't thank you enough for the communication.

Very very nice, makes me more excited for the patch.

You're a hero Mexxico, we can't thank you enough for the communication.

No, I am not. Its just 5-6 sentences:smile:

By the way also snowballing developments will be at 1.5.6. I open a post about it 1 month ago...

In latest tests still Khuzaits are most powerfull faction (because of their faction bonus) but mostly all kingdoms stay at map (holds at least 2 towns) at first 20 years and there are much more come backs from weakened kingdoms. Sometimes even one kingdom lost all their settlements they can capture 1-2 towns again.

Also culture bonuses will be revised in 1.5.7 (25%) or 1.5.8 (75%), then things can be more balanced.

Last edited:
No, I am not. Its just 5-6 sentences:smile:

By the way also snowballing developments will be at 1.5.6. I open a post about it 1 month ago...

In latest tests still Khuzaits are most powerfull faction (because of their faction bonus) but mostly all kingdoms stay at map (holds at least 2 towns) at first 20 years and there are much more come backs from weakened kingdoms.
Very Cool!

Back
Top Bottom