Hey Gamers, what do you actually like about Bannerlord multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

In the current state of the game i wouldn't even consider there to be top players. The game is subject to so much change, and so much mechanics are being abused right now that you can't really call someone skilled when you can simply kill someone by kicking him while he runs away and throw a jav in his face.

Maybe I enjoy it more because everyone doesn't play the meta yet. Either way, it is one of the things I like about Bannerlord compared to Warband. I've played it for probably 200+ hours now counting the alpha/beta, while I never got close to that with Warband competitive.
Everyone doesn’t play the meta ? Not really. Literally everyone abuse kick throws and kick slashes now, even pubs. The only « meta » there was in Warband besides having skill for competition was the jav drops on nords and the LA drops on Swadia. The rest was all about skill not the amount of javs you could pick up and the distance infantry could run away to take their javs back. Currently the infantry class is the class that fights the least, which is a good way to see how terrible the game design currently is.

I love the sieges, looking around and seeing players climbing and falling from ladders, boulders being thrown down from the ramparts then exploding on impact, players pushing the ram and breaching the gate. Knowing all these are individual players having their own experiences within this game and I'm watching from afar admiring it all, sometimes I can't believe it's real.

Well, that's a bad strategy, you will have much morale pressure. On high level I don't see much of that passive play. Maybe it's because you are from NA :iamamoron:
Having 33% of the flags does not lower the moral hardly at all. You should watch some NA matches. The low moral only comes into play in extreme scenarios. I guess because our inf actually play inf and dont run away from every engagement pissing themselves with their javs out.

Having 33% of the flags does not lower the moral hardly at all. You should watch some NA matches. The low moral only comes into play in extreme scenarios. I guess because our inf actually play inf and dont run away from every engagement pissing themselves with their javs out.
Well, its important to have time later on. Anyway, our inf doesnt play like that, only a few teams do.

That's funny, because the few matches that I played on NA I saw exactly the opposite. Kiting with archers seemed to be name the game. The inf only served to protect them and hold the line between the other inf until fights are inevitable. I have never seen a high level EU team avoid engagements unless they are at disadvantage when it comes to cav and try to make the final flag a favorable position to fight.

That's funny, because the few matches that I played on NA I saw exactly the opposite. Kiting with archers seemed to be name the game. The inf only served to protect them and hold the line between the other inf until fights are inevitable. I have never seen a high level EU team avoid engagements unless they are at disadvantage when it comes to cav and try to make the final flag a favorable position to fight.

Its easy to say that archers seem to be the name of the game in NA when you comparatively never ran any at all. Any number is larger than 0. A snippet from my power rankings regarding RM.
4th| Risen Manifest
I finally got to play some matches against RM and it was very interesting to say the least. The Meta in EU is obviously completely different than what we have grown accustomed to in NA. The emphasis on infantry caught me off guard and it an out of body experience to watch them roll out with 4 Khuzait Spearmen on desert outpost. In terms of the playoffs, RM has hit the magic number of 3 wins after a showing against KO. They've clinched a playoff birth and can just focus on getting rounds for the sake of seeding. While I expect them to lose to Unknown, they will still have a very winnable matchup week 5 which will give them a high seed.
Archery???
Key Players| 4 Khuzait Spearmen

I should have specified, but 3 of the 4 Khuzait speamen had throwing spears, and the entire crux of the strategy was to kick pila us.

Its easy to say that archers seem to be the name of the game in NA when you comparatively never ran any at all. Any number is larger than 0. A snippet from my power rankings regarding RM.

I should have specified, but 3 of the 4 Khuzait speamen had throwing spears, and the entire crux of the strategy was to kick pila us.
I think we have a bit of a misunderstanding here. You were quick to derive a meme from our 4 spearmen play, but reliance on them and their throwing weapons was the best move with our ping. We would have never run that kind of setup had we fought on equal ping. Do not use our NA matches as a reference to how EU plays. Yes, we favor inf pushes, but in that situation with that kind of opponent we would have played archers had we had our usual EU ping.

watched your team run every time they ran out of throwables after missing the kick combos at high ping :wink:
See above. This is absolutely how we played, and it was the best option with the ping handicap. Again, this is not how we would play under normal circumstances. (of course there are exceptions depending on what kind of lineup the opponent has)

Who cares about how RM play anyways, or any top EU teams that think they are the best in the world. They'll all be trash when the game is fixed, so no point giving them credit for being future losers.

I think we have a bit of a misunderstanding here. You were quick to derive a meme from our 4 spearmen play, but reliance on them and their throwing weapons was the best move with our ping. We would have never run that kind of setup had we fought on equal ping. Do not use our NA matches as a reference to how EU plays. Yes, we favor inf pushes, but in that situation with that kind of opponent we would have played archers had we had our usual EU ping.

See above. This is absolutely how we played, and it was the best option with the ping handicap. Again, this is not how we would play under normal circumstances. (of course there are exceptions depending on what kind of lineup the opponent has)
So we can at least come to an understanding that the stereotype regarding how EU plays does exist for a founded reason.

Its a stereotype because the only EU team to ever play in NA completely relied on it. Not sure what DM has to do with things, unless you are saying that they are kite city in europe.
Guess we weren't talking about the same thing then. Nothing we did on NA has anything to do with EU "playstyles". But enough of this, don't want to derail the thread any further.

Didnt mean for that to be such a blanket statement. Unfortunately the team who signed up in an NA tournament was one of those teams, so we have a bit of a stereotype in our minds.
Then get over that stupid stereotype, how about that?

Love that ****fest of the same NA-echochamber going at it again. Watch the streams of BEAST and see how EU inf goes in, there are teams more or less dedicated on charging the enemy to get their inf doing the grunt work, DM being one example of notoriously playing 4 inif 2 cav if they get the opportunity, winning every group fight with it. And it's not only them playing like that, but... yeah, EU inf ****, blablabla, I know that rhytm already. Get off the ****ing high horse already, it's so annoying.

Love that ****fest of the same NA-echochamber going at it again. Watch the streams of BEAST and see how EU inf goes in, there are teams more or less dedicated on charging the enemy to get their inf doing the grunt work, DM being one example of notoriously playing 4 inif 2 cav if they get the opportunity, winning every group fight with it. And it's not only them playing like that, but... yeah, EU inf ****, blablabla, I know that rhytm already. Get off the ****ing high horse already, it's so annoying.
lol. Read the entire thing before acting like EU is the victim.
This EU vs NA drama was already retarded in Warband but its even more retarded in Bannerlord because there is no skill in this game yet.

Back
Top Bottom