Hey Gamers, what do you actually like about Bannerlord multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't played in a while, but assuming it's still the same...

Things I like:
Graphics
Sound effects
Ragdoll deaths
Higher FOV option
Cavalry acceleration
Swinging javelins with X

Wonky, sluggish combat
Weak, floaty jumping/movement
No instant camera snapback from "view outfit"
No Battle mode in custom servers
Archers shooting through/past shields
Reduced spear effect on cavalry
Extensive cavalry knockdown
Being stunned after short fall
New class/perk system
Physics-based chambers
Directional shield blocking
Slow weapon pick up

I think the game has a lot of potential once we get custom servers and battle mode. I also - against popular opinion - prefer the Bannerlord combat over Warband. I like how much heavier things feel, especially on the cav side of things. It feels more immersive. Also, graphics are a very nice upgrade.

"Hey cowards! Weve got your banner here... to wipe our arses with!"
I like how voices are now all serious in comparison to warband.

I hope eventually they'll invest in different narrators for each faction.

• Combat's core is pretty much the same as in Warband, plus the new features and it's great.
  • Double W/S feature for cavalry - I can't ride the horses in Warband after that, they feel outdated now.
  • Matchmaking - always wanted one for Warband(thanks to those who modded it in, btw) and glad it's here from the start.
  • Animations in general are very nice.
  • Sieges are great.
  • Combos look really nice.
  • I like the class system. It's streamlined and easy to tweak for balance and other things - great choice for competitive.
  • I like that we can play heavily armoured classes from the start in Skirmish. In Warband's battle it took a while to get the armour and with the tournament formats(ft3) it was pretty much impossible to get full armour - every fight there was a hobo brawl.
  • I like that we have horse archers now, even though I hate the class. Sure they might be annoying, but I prefer dealing with them via balancing and whatnot instead of completely abandoning them and pretending they don't exist, like the community did in Warband.
you just named everything I hate about Bannerlord and you like it. Except the Cav stuff.

Great graphics, nice maps, siege game mode, siege weapons (except the inferior siege tower), throwing stones and fire pots at people, and personally I prefer the skirmish game mode to the competitive battle format that was used in Warband.

Faction appearances and design, and graphics(I mean, to be honest both are expected and both are also a part of Singleplayer too, so whatever).
Siege overhaul. It now doesn't feel like asymmetrical team deathmatch quite so much, like Warband's siege did.

That's about it. I might be missing a couple of small things, though.

Great graphics, nice maps, siege game mode, siege weapons (except the inferior siege tower), throwing stones and fire pots at people, and personally I prefer the skirmish game mode to the competitive battle format that was used in Warband.

Did you ever once play in a competitive tournament? I have no memory of you participating, and I was in GK during the same time you were. I think its a little unfair to say "I didnt like the competitive format" when you never partook in the competitive format.

On the one hand all of the complaints about the state of Bannerlord mp is irrelevant. At the end of the day, the game is actually very playable and fun even in its rough state.

What I enjoy about mp? I’ll copy another gamer’s answer from perhaps the absolute most toxic, most open sandbox gaming environment available, eve online. I encourage the most toxic jerks around here who have the balls or ovaries who are actually ready to measure their epeen to give it a spin, or sit the **** back down and grow up. A common interview question was why do you play eve? The best answer I’ve ever heard is “it’s just another venue”. Mnb is for sure a good venue. I’ve found this place a vibrant community, full of thoughtful, good folks as well as actual scum, and the mp experience, as well as the forum experience, does indeed satisfy the human need for connection, and has been a good distraction from impending mortality. Not too bad a venue, all things considering. Ggwp. Glhf.

Did you ever once play in a competitive tournament? I have no memory of you participating, and I was in GK during the same time you were. I think its a little unfair to say "I didnt like the competitive format" when you never partook in the competitive format.
I did some scrims with GK back in 2018 and 2019. I also joined some of the rat parties, and watched tournament streams.

I didn't play it much because... I didn't like it. To me, it was just waiting for a flag to spawn in some semi-random location which gives one of the teams a huge advantage from the start, and then both teams move in to fight over it. The skirmish matches in BL have felt much more dynamic.

I did some scrims with GK back in 2018 and 2019. I also joined some of the rat parties, and watched tournament streams.

I didn't play it much because... I didn't like it. To me, it was just waiting for a flag to spawn in some semi-random location which gives one of the teams a huge advantage from the start, and then both teams move in to fight over it. The skirmish matches in BL have felt much more dynamic.

The Bannerlord comp matches are going the same way. Both teams pick a flag and sit on it until 2 are removed. Honestly outside of the extra lives the meta has hardly shifted.

The Bannerlord comp matches are going the same way. Both teams pick a flag and sit on it until 2 are removed. Honestly outside of the extra lives the meta has hardly shifted.
That’s actually very true. That’s why I think it’s less fun for competition. Multiple lives just make everything so boring.

Maybe I enjoy it more because everyone doesn't play the meta yet. Either way, it is one of the things I like about Bannerlord compared to Warband. I've played it for probably 200+ hours now counting the alpha/beta, while I never got close to that with Warband competitive.

Well, that's a bad strategy, you will have much morale pressure. On high level I don't see much of that passive play. Maybe it's because you are from NA :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom