Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey folks, we just released another hotfix:
  • Live
    • Fixed an issue that caused getting stuck in conversation after a barter.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when there were no opponent anti-imperial kingdoms left during the initialization of the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
  • Beta
    • all fixes mentioned above
    • Fixed a rare crash in asset loading system.
    • At least 25 days of truce time after peace.
    • Making peace cost was increased by 50% (if there is a payment).
    • Breaking into a besieged fortification costs (lost men) were reduced by 25%.
    • Kingdoms which have lots of recent enemies want to make peace more to reduce their number of enemies. Similarly, they do not easily declare new wars when they already have 1-2 wars.
    • Sometimes peace was declared right after a war declaration. This should be much more rare now.
    • If one faction lost its strength in a big battle, several kingdoms were declaring war on that faction within a short period of time. This was improved a bit. War/peace declarations do not only use current strength but also potential strength.
    • The militia number formulas were changed and they were increased by 50%.
Great!

Are you guys aware that the wrong perk got changed in Beta 1.3? Trade is still the same even tho the patch notes say its supposed to give 0.4% reduction in trade penalty, it still gives 0.2%. Leadership on the other hand got changed, it gives 0.4 to morale per level up from 0.2. (That change was not in any patch note.) You also doubled the base trade penalty without any note.

Hey folks, we just released another hotfix:
  • Live
    • Fixed an issue that caused getting stuck in conversation after a barter.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when there were no opponent anti-imperial kingdoms left during the initialization of the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
  • Beta
    • all fixes mentioned above
    • Fixed a rare crash in asset loading system.
    • At least 25 days of truce time after peace.
    • Making peace cost was increased by 50% (if there is a payment).
    • Breaking into a besieged fortification costs (lost men) were reduced by 25%.
    • Kingdoms which have lots of recent enemies want to make peace more to reduce their number of enemies. Similarly, they do not easily declare new wars when they already have 1-2 wars.
    • Sometimes peace was declared right after a war declaration. This should be much more rare now.
    • If one faction lost its strength in a big battle, several kingdoms were declaring war on that faction within a short period of time. This was improved a bit. War/peace declarations do not only use current strength but also potential strength.
    • The militia number formulas were changed and they were increased by 50%.
Nice TW!! :party: :party:

Is the conspiracy active?
When will death by old age be active? I'm waiting excited.

In average 10% of lord parties are staying at settlement at 1.3.0 according to our stats. 6-7 out of 63. This is average value, changes between 0%-20% generally in different times. This number is not much. There is another problem : There are much less successful sieges at 1.3.0, because (1) Siege simulations started to take more time so defenders generally could catch attackers (2) Settlement advantage at sieges are increased (3) Even mobile parties also stronger garrison is much more stronger. So probably less parties go into hostile action (especially less to siege) and mostly they do travelling settlements and other stuff. I made some improvements to increase number of successful sieges a bit (will be included in hotfix, maybe we do not mention because it will be a bit minor increase).

I think siege simulations taking longer should be changed so that setting up a siege camp takes longer instead. The reason is that there's a large disparity between the player and the AI and their ability to take a settlement because the player can resolve a battle instantly while the AI needs to wait while the battle resolves, allowing more enemies to approach and force them to cancel the siege. If this were changed so that siege camps take longer to set up, then both the player and the AI would both have these effects and lessen the gap between them.

Great hotfix and great beta patch overall.

BTW, could you please partially revert the change which make AI Lords to stack less amount of food?

A lot of times AI armies stop sieging settlements even when they are able to take them without problems. Not sure if It is something related to starving armies or something else, but I have the feeling that Lords are getting out if food really fast.

A lot of changes has been done and I doubt that giving Lords more food would bring back snowballing issue.

First impression on hotfix, Every nation declared me war within 3-4 days.
I understand I get more time for truce now.
1.2.1 was less agressive, I didnt get more than 2 wars usually at the time. Maybe a new save can fix this.

Last edited:
Great changes overall , thanks TW.

My experience with AI sieges is mixed. Many fail and take too long , not sure if you can find some middle ground on how to make conquering slower.
Also , i am surprised no one mentioned that enemy horse archers love to start skirmishing with your army at the very start , even vs many dozens of archers which results in a pretty fast annihilation.

For me if I besiege settlement their number drops of starvation.
Interesting. This isn't the case for me. In fact they can sometimes even grow in number during a siege while the garrison number simultaneously drops due to starvation. Are you sure the militia aren't dying from artillery fights? If you kill an enemy ballista they it will kill a few troops with it.

Try buying out all of a neutral town's food for multiple days to see if militia numbers drop. This also doesn't work for me.

Interesting. This isn't the case for me. In fact they can sometimes even grow in number during a siege while the garrison number simultaneously drops due to starvation. Are you sure the militia aren't dying from artillery fights? If you kill an enemy ballista they it will kill a few troops with it.

Try buying out all of a neutral town's food for multiple days to see if militia numbers drop. This also doesn't work for me.

Actually militia growing in number while besieged happens sometimes to me too. From what I checked sometimes settlements don't loose prosperity straight after being besieged but after some more time and while prosperity is on 0 or rising militia grows. This can happen even if city is starving. As soon as prosperity starts going down they are affected by starvation.

Actually militia growing in number while besieged happens sometimes to me too. From what I checked sometimes settlements don't loose prosperity straight after being besieged but after some more time and while prosperity is on 0 or rising militia grows. This can happen even if city is starving. As soon as prosperity starts going down they are affected by starvation.
Not for me. For instance:
Militia-1.png

Notice how Garrison drops but Militia does not.

I'll take this over to the bug thread though.

I made a bug report about this, feel free add your experience here:
Thanks! Will do.

Still like the patch, how ever I have massive performance issues. World map FPS drop to 30, battles often down to 1-3. Unplayable. New bottle neck? I monitored my task manager, GPU is at 100% when it happens. I don't understand what stresses my GPU so hard on the campaign map. In battles it's ok that my GPU has to fight...but 1 fps?

GPU: GTX 980

Back
Top Bottom