[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't have time for it yet, but making the bullet actually visible won't be possible directly I'm afraid due its small size and high velocity. They are visible, it's just that you can't really see them because of that. Adding a lengthened blur effect would be highly unrealistic too (you'd feel like you are in the Matrix and from sideways, it would look like a black/silver laser beam fired). Adding a smoke trail would probably be the best approach, but that would also feel "matrixy" a bit.

All good points. As I mentioned, I'm willing to ditch realism in order to have some fun, and I fully expect I'm in the minority with that. I'm probably already in the minority for enjoying having firearms in Pendor in the first place. I would be curious to see how any of your examples might play out in practice, but whether you decide to invest any time in looking into this sort of thing or not, I appreciate the work you've already done. Pendor is a mod that I always end up coming back to play, and it's amazing to me that it still has such an awesome community.

I'm probably already in the minority for enjoying having firearms in Pendor in the first place. I would be curious to see how any of your examples might play out in practice
I'm in this minority with you. Really enjoying using firearms. Too bad there's only 1 type of it, and even it is not perfect for my taste. I adjusted it to my liking and added some new ones. Was concerned about invisible flying bullets as well, so here's my attempt to make things better:

If it suits you I could share this bullet effect.

I'm in this minority with you. Really enjoying using firearms. Too bad there's only 1 type of it, and even it is not perfect for my taste. I adjusted it to my liking and added some new ones. Was concerned about invisible flying bullets as well, so here's my attempt to make things better:

If it suits you I could share this bullet effect.

This looks exactly like what I've been looking for! Where can I find this submod and how have I not seen it sooner? Can I add it to an existing save without issues? I've been wishing for a pistol in Pendor for ages!

Very nice work Dalion, the reload animations are much better and more credible too! And the quality of those firearm textures, omg! How about sharing the whole firearm set, along with the animations, bullet particles, etc.? Many people including me have been wishing for a smaller firearm to be able to make dragoons with their CKO, so this is a dream come! Or you want to keep these extra weapons for your submod only?

Does anyone know why I don't have rival quest with Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet?

It is not on cooldown, and I don't have the CKO established, so the only option would be Silvermist Rangers. I even joined the order in two games and still don't have it.

Does anyone know why I don't have rival quest with Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet?

It is not on cooldown, and I don't have the CKO established, so the only option would be Silvermist Rangers. I even joined the order in two games and still don't have it.
Probably becuase there isn't a Silvermist chapter on the map atm. Enemy KO chapters need to exist for the Order Rivalry quest to be offered.

Where can I find this submod and how have I not seen it sooner?
At this moment it can be found only on my PC as it is still WIP and firearm overhaul is just one of the tons of its features. I'm working on it alone, and I don't have a source code. These are two main factors that don't speed up the process much, but I promise that you will be able to play it someday. That's what I keep telling to myself since 3.8.4 anyway :p
And the quality of those firearm textures, omg!
All the credit goes to Llew2, these models are his OSP where he did most of the needed work on positions and particle coordinates:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/flintlock-firearms.162991/
I've just adjusted inventory meshes, flying bullet mesh, and added the most fitting imo particles and sounds I could find. And of course item coding, carry positioning, multishot trigger and cheatmenu expansion.
How about sharing the whole firearm set, along with the animations, bullet particles, etc.?
I can share only the items, that are working, available in the cheatmenu but are not yet fully implemented i.e. troops don't have them, Rufio don't unlock them, and all other "global" things are missing too. You can add them to troops via Morgh's and unlock for CKO via 3 f), but to have them seamlessly implemented you'll have to wait for submod to be finished.
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NALUM2pn2GyVwowyob9_PlADgU2e0Gt8/view
what's included:
- 6 new items, 3 firearms and 3 melee options for them
- all sounds and particles needed
- .brf with other unused models from that osp and module.ini with this brf unlisted
- script that will automatically show how many shots weapon has before reload, if it is crossbow or firearm (supports new items as well)
- expanded cheatmenu by 6 (in N.E.X.T the expansion won't be needed anymore, game will automatically display any new item you add)
Or you want to keep these extra weapons for your submod only?
There are some features in N.E.X.T that I won't share as tweaks, but it's not one of them. This is not because I'm greedy or anything, but because these feaures are so damn large that it would take too much time to cut them first, then to explain how to add them, and then update to possible new official hotfixes... All this time could be spent instead to make some more features and move the whole submod closer to final state.
Can I add it to an existing save without issues?
Depends on what tweaks you have installed. If you are playing on clean 3.9.5.1 then yes, download this, put in PoP folder and override the default files with it. If you have tweaked any of the files you just downloaded, then apply all the tweaks on top again, otherwise chances are your savegame couldn't be loaded anymore.
I've been wishing for a pistol in Pendor for ages!
Yeah, me too. My entire submod is built on things I've "been wishing for in Pendor for ages" and just couldn't keep waiting any longer.

Awesome, thank you! Those are all I wanted to ask for after all :smile: I forgot to mention the sounds, but I noticed that they are cool as heck and aprropriate, so great job man! I'll credit Llew2 as well of course, cheers :wink:

Thanks, Dalion! I'm excited to see how your submod turns out!

I'm currently trying to apply the tweak to add them to CKO. Do I need to manually add the melee items as well or just the three base items? Also, the only tweak I have added prior to this is the Complete Arsenal. I suspect that integrating the two isn't going to be as easy as the simple copy and paste that either one otherwise required. So I guess my question is, when you say "apply the tweak on top", is this going to require a manual install of the Complete Arsenal as opposed to the install I originally did with the nexus download?

Hmm... Well, I'm at the step (18b step 7) where I am to crosscheck the item reference numbers for all items added by the Complete Arsenal, and I'm thinking that if I ever want to actually play the game again, I might just have to pick one submod or the other. I don't think I have the knowledge/experience to make the changes I'd have to make to manually add the new firearm code to the individual files modified by the Complete Arsenal, but because I have to work in a bit I also don't think I have the time to add the necessary changes to the Firearm tweaks that the Complete Arsenal requires. I'm thinking I may just get a clean Pendor installation and start a new game with just the new firearms added. Thanks again, guys!

I know, it is been there since 3.611 at least (the first version I played). Their face is randomized, it's only color that remains always the same. I fixed it in my game, I just wonder if this change doesn't break some lore statement and such.

OpenBRF has a search on Ctrl+F. Open item_kinds1.txt, serach for the name you see in-game (don't forget to replace spaces with _), the last word before numbers begin is the mesh name, copy it and paste in search bar of OpenBRF.

Hey what up. Man I did like you explained and there isn’t any Old Helm With Dark Hood, can only find Dark Hood, is it possible it’s like two Meshes combined or something like that?

Do I need to manually add the melee items as well or just the three base items?
Melee items are unused and set as "unique", you don't need to touch them in any way. The three base ones are enough for eveything you may think of. As of Complete Arsenal, yeah, it would require adaptation. Here is adapted version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17csLc6FJvIkZPJWgGQ-2SjKuA7iMOrbZ/view
there isn’t any Old Helm With Dark Hood
That's because there is no such helm in 3.9.5. If it was it would be present in item_kinds1.txt in the first place. Post an in-game screenshot of what helm you are trying to find.

Why are soldiers with long ranged weapons like spears and halberds completely useless during sieges and any CQC? They hit each other, dont deal damage, CANT deal damage. because the AI is too dumb. Why would I ever not go for 1h/shield for AI? Someone please tell me?

Why are soldiers with long ranged weapons like spears and halberds completely useless during sieges and any CQC? They hit each other, dont deal damage, CANT deal damage. because the AI is too dumb. Why would I ever not go for 1h/shield for AI? Someone please tell me?
The answer is simple I believe. Do you know of any M&B Warband mod where troops with long reach weapons do good in close quarters? Not talking about overhead thrusts, as it's already in the game...

I'm stuck at the end of the game trying to destroy a minor faction (Mystmountain). They are stuck at weakened, even after killing Wolfbode twice and they have no major armies. I've been killing their small parties nonstop for a month using autocalc, and they refused to be weakened further. Every other minor faction is obliterated, yet they are spawning major armies every few days or so. Any suggestions? I wouldn't mind tweaking the game to force-spawn their armies so I can finish them off.

Last edited:
I'm stuck at the end of the game trying to destroy a minor faction (Mystmountain). They are stuck at weakened, even after killing Wolfbode twice and they have no major armies. I've been killing their small parties nonstop for a month using autocalc, and they refused to be weakened further. Every other minor faction is obliterated, yet they are spawning major armies every few days or so. Any suggestions? I wouldn't mind tweaking the game to force-spawn their armies so I can finish them off.
Ask for a lot of rumors in Ravenstern territory. Mostly from lords and militia patrols.

Ask for a lot of rumors in Ravenstern territory. Mostly from lords and militia patrols.
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. Sigh. I unified the kingdom around day 800, now it's about day 1000. I've killed countless snake cult and heretic armies since then. I don't even bother to loot books or take prisoners anymore. The only thing I loot now is Qualis Gems, but I've already banned Wolfdude and Maltise from returning to Pendor. I waited about 80 days in my capital doing nothing and having a marshal kill army spawns for me. Not one mystmountain army spawned since then, so I suspect I need a rumor to force the spawn.

Back
Top Bottom